17%
collage graduate
74%

Total votes: 54

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

27 here and I agree with Llana. This is more of an education poll as I see it.
And even then... I'm working towards my master's degree that makes me college graduate but also a student.
Not to mention we have the really "olds" around here. Those 40+ guys that lurk around complaining about bone aches and back problems. :P
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Good gravy. We are rather an old farts convention by gaming standards, aren't we? (I'm 28, turn 29 this month).

Still, nobody here beats my dad (54), apparently, who is the oldest D&D player I've ever met.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Good gravy. We are rather an old farts convention by gaming standards, aren't we? (I'm 28, turn 29 this month).

Still, nobody here beats my dad (54), apparently, who is the oldest D&D player I've ever met.
One of our table top group says she's been 21 for 35 years...
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

And here I was being self-centered and assuming everyone was around my age. :shock:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Isabella wrote:21. You guys sure make me feel like a kid!
Thanks. :P
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

I'm 23, two years out of college. So I guess I'm not as much of an old fogey as some of you here. :wink:
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

JinnTolser wrote:I'm 23, two years out of college. So I guess I'm not as much of an old fogey as some of you here. :wink:
As my wife points out to me (quite harshly, and often), I have clothes older than that. :oops:
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Rafael wrote: :) At least you didn't have to hunt your RL collector's items on ebay!
Actually, I did-- during RL's original heyday, I wasn't RPGing; I was just out of college and kind of busy. I started picking up interest after finding a set of minis (the Village Mob, I think) in a store's priced-to-go section in the later 90s (can't remember if it was before or after I got married, but I had definitely moved out of Southern California by then).
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) I was actually quite lucky that my interest in the setting grew when the 3e line was already dropping in sales, for I got most of the books for a third of the price. I have a fairly big RL collection right now, but was lucky to spend not more than about 100 € in total over the course of many years. Actually, the only book I bought at full price was the RLCS. :)
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

guess I messed up, but what can you expect from a 15 year old.
Hail Strahd!
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

other than forgetting to put a question mark, which I invented btw?
Hail Strahd!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

In my 2 groups I am by far the oldest at 42. 1 group is in their 30's and the other group is in their 20's and all newbies which I have a lot of fun with ;)
doctor-evil
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by doctor-evil »

One of my students that I DM Ravenloft for (she hits 40 this year I believe and is doing her PhD at the moment) occassionally brings her husband along to games (when he can get out of sitting their kids) - he played the real original version of D&D, when they had to construct dice out of cardboard because they weren't availble in shops.

And had to walk six miles to school, in t' snow, uphill, both ways...but were grateful for it... :wink:
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

I'm with you guys, Spiteful Crow and Isabella, aged at 20 winters standing. I just finished my second year in university, Majoring in Zoology (looking to pick up a minor), and will probably be continuing education after that. In fact I find the idea of being 'done' school frightening.

And hey, from the way I see it: Growing old may be a mandatory aspect of life, but growing up is strictly optional.

Then again, I think I've got a pretty decent death planned for me for when I retire at around sixty. See, heart attacks are common in my family. Also, my current plan is to be a high school teacher, a profession that conveniently shows a tendency towards heart attacks just after retirement. To add to this, I thoroughly enjoy high cholesterol food products.

My Grandfather died of a heart attack; he died thinking 'Hmmm, I wonder if those strawberries are ripe yet?'. Fantastic way to go; I hope I die similarly. I'll also have written in my will that rather than mourning my death at my funeral, that everyone celebrate the life thereof by giving into their vices (Alcohol, Food, Sex, whatever their preference may be).
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Still, nobody here beats my dad (54), apparently, who is the oldest D&D player I've ever met.
Which leads to the question: How old is Gary Gygax?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!