Where's Ardonk?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Where's Ardonk?

Post by WolfKook »

I need some help with my episodic fanfic "The Downward Spiral".

As those who have browsed through it, I've included some details about the siege of Hunadora from the Crisis at Hunadora netbook written by Wiccy of the Fraternity. However, there is a detail I have problems with:

Where's Ardonk Szerieza?

He's not named even once in the netbook, and he doesn't seem to be present throughout the siege. However, there's no reason for him to be elsewhere, especially when so many gundarakites are trapped for so long in Gundar's castle. I don't know if Wiccy had any plans for him, but to me, this remains a mistery.

So, I'm planning on including him in the next episode of tDS, but I don't know where to start. Where is him? Why wasn't him with Gabrielle, or Lucita, or his fellow gundarakites? What kept him from going to Hunadora? All ideas will be greatly appreciated.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Gabby needs to keep him out in the field and far away, at least when Manton is around, and vice versa I suppose too.

Additionally, having him stuck inside the beseiged castle is not terribly helpful. Better that he be absence and the threat of him biting into the backs of the beseiging army ever present. Supply lines are also to be cut and Maloccio must be made to pay for the concentration of his forces. Exposed points must be mercilessly attacked.
Last edited by cure on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The cure for what ails you
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Ardonk's based in Barovia, isn't he?

He wouldn't be in Hunadora.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Ardonk's based in Barovia, isn't he?

He wouldn't be in Hunadora.
May I suggest you reread the Gaz? :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)