The land of Mists (comments)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The land of Mists (comments)

Post by Manofevil »

There's the first entry. This is intended to be a long running epic. I'm halfway through the second entry in the journal. Here's hoping I finish it someday. :?
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

It's good going so far. I hope to see a follow up and for this to be a regular series!

Just one question (and maybe this is me reading too much into it). Is this a journal entry? Or is it a letter?

Because if it's a letter, and the guy who's writing it is completely isolated, one might be led to wonder how he's planning on sending it to the Solamnic Knights on Krynn...

But that's just an idle thought. Hope to see more! :)
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

It is a journal. That becomes clear in part two.

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I'm doing this with all my stories. I wanted you all to have an idea of what my characters look like. I'm less pleased with the way this one turned out. Too much white and not enough gray. Merrick's no sainted champion. He's a blooded veteran. And his armor is a special creation he had made to fight draconians. This was the closest I could come.
Merrick Marcusa:

Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I've got a serious problem guys. :cry: Making the avater got me thinking about this story again and I was going to start in again. I had about half of his first day in RavenLoft written out and was going to finish eventually. So Friday I went to look for in on my hard drive and I couldn't find it. It's gone and it's also not in any of the places where I store my backups. I'VE LOST THE BETTER PART OF ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I'VE EVER WRITTEN AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW!!! My only recourse is to try and recreate it but it's not coming. Have any of you ever had to deal with this and what did you do? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Do you remember what you named the file? Have you tried searching the computer for it?

Otherwise, yeah, it's happened to me, and it sucks everytime, but you really have to make the choice - if you don't write it, it's not going to be written. Try putting down an outline of the story while you still have it in your head, that way if you decide to come back to it at any point you won't have forgotten it all. Beyond that, it's pretty much a question of morale and enthusiasm, which is probably flagging at this point. Try to remember all the bits you enjoyed about it, and if you come to a part you don't feel like writing, well, maybe it just wasn't that interesting a part and you don't need it.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<

You won't believe what I found today!!! :D I was picking through my files and pulling up all my unfinished writing and I opened this and there it was!!! ALL MY LOST MATERIAL!!!

YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<YIPPEE!!!>does back flip<

Normally, I'd have Merrick finish the days entry, but I'm posting it before I lose it again. Let me know what you think.

HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I am happy for your fortuitous recovery.

Although, it would appear, not half as happy as you. :)