The Best Fan-Made Domain

Discussing all things Ravenloft
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

The deadline has already been reached, but as there have been so few votes, I'll extend it for one more week.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Numba ONE- Mictlan
Two- Wayward on the Bone Sands. (I used this in a very nasty cluster I created)
Three- Carcharodon Isle
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Okay, just to make it official and change my votes:

1)Fairhafen. Great domain. Not just an interesting idea that hasn't been done yet but a well thought-out domain that allows for multiple roleplaying possibilities. That's the best part about it, IMHO.

2)Charity Cove. Limited by the classic "it's only not a pocket domain 'cause it doesn't move around" problem of there only being one thing to do there, but the story is excellent.

3)Xi'anlin. Atmospheric and cures the one horrid problem of I'Cath (namely, "what's the point of introducing a non-traditional-European-Gothic-Literature-based domain and not putting any fragging people in the domain to interact with!?!"), but limited by the fact that the darklord seems more victim than villain.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Ok, so we have a winner:

ARLINGTON FARM, by Eddy Brennan (Wiccy of the FoS), with 4 votes, for a total of 14 points!

<Crows squeaking cheerfully in the background>

The second place goes to Mictlan, by Ryan Naylor, with 3 votes and 13 points, and the third to Carchardoron Isle, by Geoff Kimber, with 4 votes and a total of 10 points.

As a prize, I think these domains should be given some love:

-For Carchardoron, it would be interesting to appoint it as a mention in a Sea of Sorrows Gazetteer, if the FoS makes it some day. Could that be possible, oh great powers that be?
-Mictlan is already appointed as a domain in the upcoming Golden Peninsula Gazetteer (And ideas about it are still in need).
-Any ideas about what can we do to honor Arlington Farm's 1st place? It would be nice to give it some well-deserved recognition.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Bravo to the winners!
WolfKook wrote:-For Carchardoron, it would be interesting to appoint it as a mention in a Sea of Sorrows Gazetteer, if the FoS makes it some day. Could that be possible, oh great powers that be?
The FoS had lost of trouble in the Nocturnal Sea (you'll see), so we might not even find where the Sea of Sorrows is :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Seriously, Carchardoron will certainly rate at least a mention in the SoS Gaz, even if it doesn't get a full treatment. :wink:

Congrats to Wiccy, Ryan and Geoff! :D
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Holy Gunky Stuff! People honesty like my domain!!! WOW! I'm flattered by I'm starting to think that there are more sadistic DM's on here that I previously imagined... or more massochistic players... lol.

RThanks for voting for my domain guys, I'm glad you enjoy it, it was lots of fun creating it, then recreating Henry, then rewriting his history 5 or 6 times, then trying to cut it down from 8 or 9 pages... You get the idea. It was fun though and i feel mighty proud that I created something people like :)

PAPER DOLLIE GOLEMS FOR ALL!! (just don't tell Dru or she'll kill me).

It was close though, Ryan coulda landed a sucker punch at any moment ;)
Swallow your soul!