Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Re: Bringing back the dead...

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Hallow wrote:
Jester of the FoS wrote:
Hallow wrote:Indeed.. i have had some minor death problems in my campaign, in the sense that my PC's aren't what you would call brilliant strategists.. My party has trouble thinking outside of the box and is constantly getting into trouble for that, by getting either slaughtered or in a bit of trouble with the law or worse. I belive the answer to that query is merely to make a straitfoward answer to my puzzles, and role playing experiences..
My first thought to this complaint (now that it has popped up more than once) is to give them a foe they cannot beat through normal means (but perhaps not a deadly one) and/or introduce them to a mentor (vanRichten is the easiest).
Hm.. I tried that a couple of times. Each time, the group gets the crap kicked out of them.. and isn't Van Richten dead?
Or the Weatherman-Foxgrove twins.

One idea might be a ghost, reasonably easy to kill but that will continue coming back until put to rest or killed properly. And each time slain it comes back stronger and harder to kill. Not much in the way of a physical threat at first but slowly becomes harder and harder to kill.