The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana laughs good naturedly at Kel "Orcs shan't be a problem, Kel. Maybe there'll be Ogres! Thats the fun! As to later after the battle, sure, we can practice" Brethana says with an eager twinkle in her eye.

The battle shall be upon us soon I hope! I've been cooped up in that ity for too long and it has been far too long since my blade tasted blood! This Kel looks able enough with a blade himself, though what Thalar said before almost makes sense to me. I'll think about it and watch before I can really decide

Elvira giggles at Inovidil "I dont think she even is old enough to know about that stuff silly! I think they are just talking and getting acquainted. I'd be scared to think of her in that way, if I was Thalar. She's kind of impressive with all those tatooes and that blade! Good thing she's on our side and glad you brought her with us, she may come in handy!"

I'd not want to meet her in a dark alley thats for sure. Well with her around we'll maybe have better odds when there'll be battles. All the more loot for us! I wonder what theyre talking about, probably fighting or monsters, judging by Brethana's attitude thus far
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"She definatelly will. As about Thalar... we will wait and see. We can always say a good word for him, no Elvira? As the old times with Renad."

At Inovidil's last words the priest who till now just rides in front of them, holds his horse in order the two women come closer.

"You two will do nothing. And I'm speaking more about you halfling you should stop messing the others lives. I have had hard time get rid of the last girl you wanted me to meet."

"Oh come on Renad, Gerta Thunderheart was a good girl, intelligent, pretty... I think you are exagerated." Says Inovidil barely holding her laugh.

"She is a dwarf! She has a beard! You should be ashamed Elvira for getting this appointment for my behalf!"

Inovidil burst into laugh as she remembers Renad's meeting with the dwarf.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc:A few hours pass as the party talks, reminisces and gets to know Brethana a bit more.(Unless the girls want to really try to hook up Brethana and Thalar, we arrive near the orcs.)

"We aren't far now Brethana." Holding his hand up for the party to halt, he dismebarks from his horse. Putting his finger to his lips, he nods once ot all then, silent as the wind, trots off the path, and disappears into the forest.

Brethana watches him leave, then disembarks as well. Stretching her muscles to get loose. She grins at the others as she spits in her hands, rubbing them together then unsheaths her sword. Swinging it freely, grinning even bigger. Now that is what I needed!That feels really good to unsheath you, old friend.I can almost feel the orc blood running down your blade. Why do Elvira and Inovidil giggle and whisper to each other when they look at me? They must have said something funny or INovidil said an anecdote about me I suppose

A few minutes later, Thalar comes back, smiling to the party.
"So few minutes from here, at the edge of a clearing in the forest, is a cave. There are 2 really lazy orc guards there. I waited a while and and ogre emerged to scold the orcs for their laziness then went back inside. I am presuming there are a lot more orcs and maybe more than one ogre as well. MIght I suggest first, taking out the orcs on guard from a distance? Are you capable with your bow, Brethana?"

Brethana pouts a little, sliding the sword back in the sheath, and removing her bow from her back, and knocking an arrow "Yes I know how to use it" she replies with a not so big grin as before, preferring hand to hand combat to fighting from a distance.

Thalar nods and continues"Brethana and I can take care of the guards then we'll need someone stealthy enough to go inside and scout around". Thalar looks at Elvira expectantly.

Elvira sighs loudly "WHy always me? You're quiet too Thalar and taller. I'm small and frail compared to you", she complains none too much.

"Well what are we waiting for, let's go!" Brethana says eagerly.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Wait you fools. You don't want Pelor's bless on you?"

With that Renad dismounts, gets his holly symbol and prays to Pelor to give more courage and morale to hi companions.

"Come here Kel, it's time to become stronger."

The fighter with a grin gets closer. A white light covers Kel's body as the cleric touches his chest. Then Renad touch his own chest, a blue light appears this time covering his body.

"Now we can go!" Says the cleric as gets his morning star.

"Hey, wait for me. I should protect myself too." Says Inovidil and starts chanting.
As from magic appear 3 Inovidil's images. Then the wich says some other arcane words and flexes her fingers.

"Now we are ready!"

OOC> Reand has cast bless, everyone has +1HR and +1 vs fear. Then he casted bull's strengh on Kel and divine favor on himself.
Inovidil has casted mirror image, mage armor and protection from arrows.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The party follows Thalar then Brethana as they approach the place he spoke of. Sure enough in the distance they hear the unmistakable dialect of orc. Thalar whispers'Ok you guys stay here a sec while Brethana and I take care of the guards". With that he and Brethana jog off silently.

A few minutes later Brethana appears and beckons the party"Ok" she whispers loudly"We got them, let's hurry I want to kill some ogres n orcs!".

She puts away her bow and removes her sword again and jogs off, sure that she'll be followed.

"She sure seems a bit overeager to fight, Inovidil. I dont fancy being an orc right now, or an ogre for that matter!". Elvira giggles. They arrive at the clearing where Thalar and Brethana are in a tree each watching the entrance..

"Ok Inovidil can ya hide me from sight while I scout in the cave?"Elvira asks"I dont feel like being in an orc or ogres stew just yet, thanks."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Of course I can. If I loose you who will make fun with Renad?!"

"I haven't heard that!" Says the cleric.

Inovidil concentrates, chants for a moment and then touches halfling's head. Elvira becomes invisible.

"You are ready to go my friend."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Elvira sneaks off to do what she doaes 2nd best and thats sneak around. Of course she's best at miraculously coming into funds most of the time, which seems to coincide with nobles of the cities she's in discovering missing jewelry or trinkets. Even "odder" is the fact that those less priviledged people in those cities usually find gold in their homes without explanation upon their waking in the morning.

50 feet in is a fork in the passage. She stops and listens. Hearing nothing left, she goes that way and almost stumbles into an orc,I must be more careful she scolds her self. The orc sleeps! ELvira giggles to her self as she ties him up them lowers his pants around his ankles.Try to explain that to your ogre boss! Further down she comes to an entrance. Listening inside she hears nothing. Peering into the gloom she sees a few tables and what looks like a cauldron. So that's what smells bad, she thinks,wrinkling her nose. Going back the weay she came, taking a moment to inspect her handywprk and giggling again, she moves back to the fork and heads to wards the noises she heard earlier.
20 feet in the pasage opens into a cavern. Inside are at least 15 orcs carrying bags of something through a passage at the other end. An ogre stands there urging them on and occasionally smacking an orc on the head with his club. It becomes clear once she peers in the other direction.

They are emptying chests of gold and moving them elsewhere into the cave!Mmmmmm gold!! No!No! Concentrate Elvira! Moving into the cave and passing unnoticed thru the other passage she comes to a crude half opened door. Peering inside she sees the orcs putting the gold into other chests and another Ogre there. the room is really big as she can see crude beds of hay and the smell is quite rank! So 2 ogres and 15 orcs, hmmmm.... Ok I seeen enough. Gonna get back to the guys.

Elvira returns back and giggling again, she removes some ink and a cloth from her pack and goes back to the orc. He still slept! She paints his face an awful design and giggling almost laughing, goes back to the party as she puts away her ink and cloth.

"Psst guys I'm back!" She the relates what she saw.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"15 orcs and and 2 ogres at the same large cave? That's tough. I'd prefer much more more orcs in different parts of the lair, if there are many of them they can grapple us as well. We should pay very much attention." Says Renad.

"I have a spell that can make some of these silly orcs sleep or at least unable to react. I can also make this stupid orc fall down. You cannot miss it that way." Says Inovidil as hits her bracers together. A bright white light comes out creating a barely visible force shield in front of her.

"Hey, mom's bracers! You took them sis, haven't you? Good stuff. I have the same too. As about the ogre I can handdle it pretty well as long as with orcs."Says Kel as he activates his own bracers. A force shield appears in fron of him too.

OOC> Bracers of shield! There are very cool and useful. :wink:
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana smiles really big, gripping her sword tightly, almost too eagerly. "What? Only 2 ogres? I think Kel and I can take care of those. 15 orcs is like cake! We are able I am positive!"she says with a gleam in her eye.

"Don't get too hasty there, Brethana. We are only 6 and they are 17. We can take them by surprise though if we are quiet enough, and they are still in the same room. If not it wont be so easy.You all ready?" Thalar asks the group.

"If you don't mind, I'll stick to the back and get any stragglers and maybe I can sneak up and do some sneaky stuff" Elvira giggles.

Thalar goes first, followed by Brethana, who has started talking ot herself, and growling, even spitting and as you get to the cave she seems to be even mad and growling!

Thalar goes in first, leery of Brethana as now she seems to have grown before his eye? This must be what Inovidil was speaking of, then. As they reach the fork, Elvira whispers "To the right, guys".

When they reach the broken door they stop and Thalar peers inside.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> There is a problem to your plan, Renad wears a plate armor and Kel briest plate. They cannot walk without making noise.

IC> "You go first. Renad and I will follow you after a while. We cannot walk silently, Inovidil knows that. These filthy orcs will hear us very easily. So, we will stay for a moment here, cover your back from any other intruder who might enter from here and then we will come. Please Brethana save an ogre for me ok?" Says Kel as he unsheathes his great sword.

"As we see them, I'll cast my spell, some orcs will be off very quickly. As about you Elvira, be careful please." Says Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

There are 10 orcs now sitting at tables(which Elvira didnt take time to see before). Thay are drinking or gaming. The ogres, both of them are not to be seen along with the other orcs. Thalar looks back and smiles, getting his bow and knocking an arrow

Whispering to the party "Ok there's 10 orcs inside, I guess the others are either sleeping or elsewhere along with the 2 Ogres. Let me shoot first then you can gharge in"..

BUt as he says this Brethana growls and passes him rushing in and the party hears tables falling ot the ground and orcs yelling and scrambling.

Brethana runs in, sword out and rushes the first orcs she sees. The other orcs jump up, spilling the tables contents to the floor. Looking around nervously, as they have no weapons, they scramble to try to form some sort of resistance against this crazy elf!

Brethana swings at the first orc she sees, hitting the table then bumping into the orcs as they tumble to the floor in a heap.

Thalar runs in and shoots 2 perfect shots, downing 2 orcs, as the others come into the fray. ELvira hangs back and gets a dagger ready to toss.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Oh my god she got crazy again!" Says Inovidil as begins chanting, aiming at 4 orcs that haven't managed to get off their surprise yet. A vivid cone of interwinted, clashing colors springs from her hands.

OOC> Color Spray. If you don't rememeber this spell goes with the HD of the monster. PHB page 185 for the effects. If you don't have it I'll PM the effects to you.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc: as a matter of fact its funny you did that spell, because I was victim of it last Friday in my Eberron tabletop game LOL. Great spell! Kel just rushes in I suppose?

The orcs and Brethana untangle from each other. UNfortunately for Brethana, her sword flew out of her hands off to the side. Growling at the orcs as she grabs a chair, she attacks one with it, hitting him in the face,breaking the chair and his face in the process.

The other orc jumps onto Brethana's back, pulling her hair and headbutting her head. Brethana falls upon the lifeless orc as the one on her back keeps hurting her. Grabbing a broken chair leg, she stabs at the orcs head, hitting it a few times, enough to make it get off of her.

Thalar in the meantime, shoots off 2 more arrows, hitting the mark perfectly as 2 more orcs fall lifeless.Then he rushes in, dropping his bow and removing his long sword from his hip, charges an orc. The orc screams in fear but alas, Thalar's blade pierces his heart. A dagger flashes by Thalar's face as he hears a *thunk* then a thud. Looking forward he sees an orc with a dagger in his forehead, then it disappears. Nice shot Elvira, lucky for me!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Inovidil is evoker, she has enchantment and necromancy as prohobited schools. So instead of sleep I get color spray! :wink:

Yes Kel and Renad are coming, we don't care for noise right now... :lol:

IC> "I hear... battle?! Already? Come Kel the others are need our help." Says Renad getting his morning star.

"I bet, this new elf has started it. She was very eager to kill these orcs! Hurry up Renad, or I'll find no one to kill myself!" Says Kel a she runs to the right way.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana grabs the orcs neck and throttles it, as it kicks and its arms flail, bouncing off her hide armor. FInally it falls lifeless to the floor. Brethana spies her sword and goes to retrieve it as an Ogre stumbles out of the broken door, a club in his hand loosely, muttering "What's going on here?" Looking around at the dead orcs and unconcious ones his eys go wide as his mouth goes "o". "Garn get yer lazy behind in here, and the orcs too we're under attack!!!!!" The Ogre goes after the closest target which is Thalar. Yelling and swinging he barely misses Thalar's head as Thalar dodges, tumbling deftly out of the way.

The lone remaining of the original orcs, hides behind a fallen table, cowering in fear.

Elvira takes aim and shoots her dagger again, this time grazing the ogre's arm, only infuriating it more. As Kel, Regan and Inovidil pass her she says "There'll be more coming out of that door there" she points.

Sure enough 5 orcs run out armed, right at the 3 . An ogre comes out after, just as Brethana has her sword back, and turns around, seeing the ogre. "You're mine ugly!" she yells and growls as she rushes him and he rushes her. His club hits her hard, and Brethana stops a moment before taking a great swing and almost lopping off the ogre's arm.

Thalar fakes the ogre and gets inside the ogre's reach and stabs it in the chest. The ogre yells as it grabs Thalar and starts squeezing. Thalar's sword penetrates the chest deeper as the blood runs all over his arm freely now. Thalar lets the sword go and gasps for air as the ogre squeezes harder!

Elvira sneaks up behind the ogre, and with one deft strike of her dagger, slits the ores hamstring, making its leg buckle and lose grip on Thalar. It stumbles a second, as Thalar jumps out of the way, grabbing his bloodies sword.The ogre falls lifeless to the floor.

Brethana's ogre stumbles , then tries to swing at her narrowly missing. Yelling at the top of her lungs, Brethana, bruised and bloody from the ogre and orc, raises her sword and jumps as she swings getting her sword caught in the ogre's neck as the ogre falls back, dead, to the floor.

Brethana grabs her sword then sits on the dead ogre, calming down, breathing hard, her arm bleeding badly from the club and her back and back of her head bleeding and bruised too.