Maison d'Sablet: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

His slight frame crammed into a middle seat between two others, with the guitar-case propped upright on his knees to take less space, the bard is in no position to bail and -- at least, to judge by appearances -- seems to be taking a nap.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn ponders this "Ezra" people talk about. I have heard this name before, yet I wonder why the rivvin=humans seem to revere his name. Is he some hero or symbol of hope to the people of these nightmarish lands? Maybe one of the "Brothers" here can ease my curiosity?

Tarlyn addresses Gertrude politely."Pardon the interruption of your conversation, Madam, but who is this Ezra you speak of? I have heard of him in my travels in several of the "Provinces" I visited in this world. Maybe you could enlighten me and anyone else who knows not of Ezra?"

Tarlyn smiles reassuringly at Gertrude, no malice in his smile, really curious about Ezra.He keeps bailing as he awaits her response.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

So, our friend is an outlander, and one who has yet to learn mush of our realms. Interesting.

Buchvold waits for Kingsly to answer
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The lantern light pierces only a little way into the night gloom; here beneath the trees the rain is felt more as an occasional rivulet from some high leaf than as individual drops. Occasionally lightning flickers, lighting everything with an eerie wash of white light and showing the trees marching away in every direction like pillars in a vast cathedral.

Somewhere ahead of you a pair of red lights gleam in the dark; they blink once, twice, and are gone. "Crocodile," mutters Gerard.

OOC: Spot checks, everyone. :lucas:

P.S. Only one sentence, Roti? Are you not feeling well? :lol:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

[OOC: Hey, I'll have you know I fit forty-four words and three subordinate clauses into that one sentence, thank you! :wink:

[No Spot check for Crow, since I've already admitted he's got his eyes shut.]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC Roll of 17.

IC As he looks around, Buchvold starts.

What the...

He nudges the person next to him

"Is it just me, or is somthing following us?" He points to a shape in the water, parallel to the boat, about 20 ft away

OOC The person nezt to him, is whoever replies next. Make your own Spot checks before posting however. Buchvold hasn't got any ranks in spot, and therefore (in spite of rolling high) might be wrong
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Spot 22! Dadrag has also darkvision. :)

Dadrag puts an arrow at his bow, his eyes are piercing the water. He turns to look Buchvold next to him, his face is serious and concerned.

"I saw something moving too. Prepare yourself everybody, it might be a crocodile or something else."

OOC2> Dadrag is ready to take the shot if anything gets closer to the boat.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn nods to Dadrag then Buchvold "I'm ready with my crossbow too,Dadrag, though smaller, very effective nonetheless" as he reveals his hand crossbow,loaded and ready, now looking more carefully at the same area Dadrag and Buchvold seem to be pointing. Gently nudging Crow with a hand to the shoulder. "Pardon me, but it appears we might be followed by something in the water. Just wanted to make sure you were ready and alert like the rest of us for trouble". With that Tarlyn goes back to searching the water for signs of anything pursuing them.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Gerard casts an eye toward the point where everyone has now focused their attention. "Un petit crocodile, ou un grand poisson," is his verdict. Altering course slightly, he looks puzzled and just a bit worried when whatever it is alters course to maintain its distance from the punt.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold dosn't relax. He keeps his eyes firmly on the shape, drawing his sword just in case.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn is the same, he doesnt care what the guide says, he prefers to see for himself.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag replies to Tarlyn, without turning his head, pointing at the shape in the water.

"Have you seen it, it's over there. If it gets closer shoot."

OOC> Dadrag has ready action.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Upon closer inspection, Tarlyn has indeed seen it and gets ready to shoot"Yes I have seen it now, and I am most assuredly shooting it if it comes any closer, I really hate swimming, and a swamp is not the ideal place for it, I'm sure you'd agree".
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: Just to be clear, you're not seeing a shape; you're seeing the disturbance in the water where something pretty big is swimming just beneath the surface. The reflection on the water of your lanterns prevents even darkvision from seeing what's down there. Also, it's not behind you; it's even with you.

IC: As everyone tenses, whatever it is swimming beside you sinks deeper into the water; the tell-tale wake disappears, leaving the water dimpled by raindrops. Gerard mutters something and spits over the side, then angles the boat toward a narrower channel.

"Ceci n'est pas la route," Rolande says sharply.

"Oui, mais le eau est peu profunde par ici," Gerard replies. "Pourvoyons arriver a le chemin plus avant."

"Eh bien. Gerard, he says we go by shallow water and rejoin the path further ahead."
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag looks the two men puzzled since he doesn't understand what they are saying. Turning to Gertrude asks:

"Pardon me Ms, what are they talking about?"
Last edited by VAN on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !