Marais de Tarascon: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:“I will not be going alone, Mme Larouche. Three gentlemen will be accompanying me, well-armed, and one of them is determined to bring his bodyguard.” Gertrude smiled wanly as she added, “I do thank you, however for your concern.”
The voudan raises one elegant eyebrow at this news, but relaxes slightly. "Four men and yourself," she repeats. "And you must go tonight. I see. I will see if my cousin is still here; he may be able to help you."

Leading Kingsley back into the main room, she scans the room for a moment, then summons the maitre d' over for a brief consultation. His news is apparently startling and unpleasant; after a long moment she turns again to Kingsley. "It seems Rolande has just now departed," she says. "This may require a little time, then. Would you care for refreshment while I make enquiries?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

VAN wrote: Always sitting at the bar, Dadrag tries to listen if anyone else is speaking about what has happened and especially about Misroi.

OOC> Listen 29! I finally get a good number! :D
OOC: Good! Unfortunately, most of the conversation is taking place in Souragnien. ;) You overhear Buchvold and Hiro's conversation, and you hear "Misroi" and "gris-gris" at least once, but other that that you can't get much.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude nearly sighed with relief at the news. “Thank you very much.” Now to try to leave quickly before Misroi returns with any friends to try to find that man...

As she followed Mme Larouche back to the hall, she noted that Buchvold had arrived, but was now sitting some distance away from Serd, with the stranger. So, a friend of his then? Or another bodyguard that he decided not to mention? She gave a brief nod to Buchvold, a small smile on her face. She kept her gaze away from Serd; staring at supposed strangers would only look rude, of course. If only there was a way to tell the others to try to separate! The professor had an image of herself using secret signals, and had to repress an amused smile at the image.Look like a bloody idiot, or heaven forfend, a mime...

She smiled at the voodan’s return, and remarked, “I would, thank you. And I am sorry for putting you out this way; I hope this will not cause you any trouble.” And I will do my best to ensure that this favour does not backfire on you...
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Despite Dadrag cannot see Buchvolds' face as the wizard was talking with Hiro, but the illusionist's words and especially the tone of his voice are enough to make the ex-assassin shiver a bit. The mercenary has met the borcan once and immediately had the impression that he should be a rather important person. This combined that he was at the same special meeting with Draxton makes the illusionist's opinion and especially his fears very important.

For not betraying that he has overheard Buchvold's and Hiro's conversation, Dadrag finishes his beer, only a bit faster than normal and then turns back to Darxton's table. With a steady voice says:

"Well Mr Serd, I see that you have finished your drink too, so I believe we can go to another inn to have another round, if you want."

Waiting Draxton's answer Dadrag pays his first beer (since Gertude has paid the second) and is ready to go.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:She smiled at the voodan’s return, and remarked, “I would, thank you. And I am sorry for putting you out this way; I hope this will not cause you any trouble.”
"Stefan, un verre de vin pour la madame," Larouche says, gesturing Gertrude to a seat at a small table. Nodding, the maitre d' departs. "Allow me to ask among Rolande's acquaintances," she says to Gertrude. "They will know all his haunts, of course, better than an aunt!" Smiling, she makes her way to a crowded table where a largish group of men are nursing drinks and conversing in low tones. After a minute or two of conversation one of them stands and nods to the other, collecting his cloak and stepping out into the rain.

As he departs the maitre d' returns with a glass of red wine and a small sugar confection, which he places before Gertrude. "Merci, Stefan," Larouche says, returning and seating herself. "Perhaps you will permit an indiscretion, Madame Kingsley, from a friend? Why is it so urgent that you speak with...this gentleman...tonight?"
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Seaven finishes his meal, leaving a few coins on the table and proceeds to the bar, finding a seat and ordering a spirit. Turning to face the room, he leans back a little, arm carelessly on the bar and observes the goings on in the Inn, from the gamblers, to the diners, to the people at the bar and those whom enter and leave.
As he relaxes, "Seaven" feels a familiar tickle at the back of his mind...the sensation that someone, somewhere, is talking to him...

And then the familiar mental "voice" of his employer echoes in his thoughts. Master Tarlyn?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn's eyes go wide for a moment at the familiar tickle of his employer intruding in his mind once again. "Yes Lord Rivtoff? I am at the Coq Noir Inn presently, having just finished dining and observing the patrons in here, Sir. Might I be of some assistance to you this evening?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

tarlyn st-denfer wrote: Tarlyn's eyes go wide for a moment at the familiar tickle of his employer intruding in his mind once again. "Yes Lord Rivtoff? I am at the Coq Noir Inn presently, having just finished dining and observing the patrons in here, Sir. Might I be of some assistance to you this evening?"
...Well, not exactly.

I have been instructed to tell you that there are a few members of my Fraternity now in town who may need some assistance. If you are of a mind to accompany them on a brief trip into the swamp, you have my permission to approach one of them, give my respects, and offer your assistance. If they believe you to be some kind of impostor, or demand identification, tell them...let me get this right..."That Brother Roeccha believes you can help them find chicken bone." No, wait; that's a name. Chicken Bone is the man's name. But do it in private; we want to avoid drawing attention to ourselves.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc: Might I have recognized any of the Fraternity Brothers/Sisters in the Inn, or even heard the name Roecha mentioned Nathan, in the Inn?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
tarlyn st-denfer wrote: Tarlyn's eyes go wide for a moment at the familiar tickle of his employer intruding in his mind once again. "Yes Lord Rivtoff? I am at the Coq Noir Inn presently, having just finished dining and observing the patrons in here, Sir. Might I be of some assistance to you this evening?"
...Well, not exactly.

I have been instructed to tell you that there are a few members of my Fraternity now in town who may need some assistance. If you are of a mind to accompany them on a brief trip into the swamp, you have my permission to approach one of them, give my respects, and offer your assistance. If they believe you to be some kind of impostor, or demand identification, tell them...let me get this right..."That Brother Roeccha believes you can help them find chicken bone." No, wait; that's a name. Chicken Bone is the man's name. But do it in private; we want to avoid drawing attention to ourselves.

Yes Lord Rivtoff, thank for your vote of confidence in this matter, Sir.
It shall be done, Sir. Have a pleasant evening, Lord Rivtoff.

Tarlyn scans the Inn with more scrutiny, looking for "Members of the Fraternity" now, or any mention of "Chicken Bone".

Ooc:Im listening and got 24 total for that check if that can be of help, Nathan.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Ooc: Might I have recognized any of the Fraternity Brothers/Sisters in the Inn, or even heard the name Roecha mentioned Nathan, in the Inn?
You can tell who they are by the rings; you've seen Rivtoff's, and he's mentioned that it's the sign of his membership in the Fraternity. Draxton Serd is the natural person to approach--you've already met Dadrag and know his employer is a Fraternity member, and Draxton is the one who's closest to you at the moment, too.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Ooc: Might I have recognized any of the Fraternity Brothers/Sisters in the Inn, or even heard the name Roecha mentioned Nathan, in the Inn?
You can tell who they are by the rings; you've seen Rivtoff's, and he's mentioned that it's the sign of his membership in the Fraternity.
This is what Im searching for then, especially on strangers, people not from Souragne, starting with Gertrude who is now in the Inn then with Dadrag and his companions.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Woops! I see I edited the above too late. Let me repost that note:

Draxton Serd is the natural person to approach--you've already met Dadrag and know his employer is a Fraternity member, and Draxton is the one who's closest to you at the moment, too.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro looks around the room after Buchvold’s request, noting his position at the table. Sighing he relaxes slightly and nods. Getting up he brushes his trousers and gestures for the waiter to give Buchvold his coat. The two move to towards the cloakroom and taking the garment from the lad Hiro shakes it as if to get the last specks of water off and helps Buchvold put it on. As the too are close Hiro whispers

“Check your pockets. Scrying items may have been added.” And then he prepares to tip the waiter for his assistance. Reaching into his jacket Hiro winces. “Oh dear, I seem to have no small change, tell me my good sir could you exchange this.” He holds a native gold coin out “For some silver? I believe you were given several coins by that uncouth man earlier?”

OOC: Hiro just needs to identify where George’s coins came from (and see if they are the same type of coin Seaven used). He is suspicious that so much silver has just been thrown around over small services and wishes to establish if there is a link between the two men. I made an Int check of 21 to figure this one out.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc:George used Darkonese coins.

Tarlyn gets up and approaches Draxton, nodding to him and coughing to announce his presence.In a low voice so just Draxton and Dadrag can hear he says "Excuse me sir, but I believe we have a mutual acquaintance in Lord Rivtoff.He sends his respects. Might I have a word with you in private, sir, out of earshot, concerning the reason you are here."

Ooc: Are there private rooms in the Inn we can rent, Nathan?
Last edited by steveflam on Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.