Marais de Tarascon: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC: Can anyone PM me with what happened since Draxton got in?

IC> Draxton thinks for a moment. "Misroi? No, I don't think I know anyone of that name."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC: Hiro completed his arrangement with Buchvold to get him here but it is an open arrangement you just need to provide him with incentive to stay.

IC: "Ah Mr Buchvold I believe our contract is still in effect while you deal with things. But please recall our terms, I take life neither freely or without consequence. Now if you are able would you please illuminate me as to the situation's requirements and what it involves?"

Hiro speaks calmly while standing up and moving to the table Seaven had just left. Before the waiter can clean it he sits down and gestures to Buchvold to join him.

He also takes the opportunity to closely examine the coins left behind -particularly the silver ones.

OOC: Hiro looks to identify what coins are used and where they are from.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Sense motive: 12 :x . I doubt Dadrar ahs undewrstand anything with that.

IC> Dadrag studies Draxton for a moment in order to understand if the Richmulotese is trying to hide something forom him. Unable to do it though he looks around and notices an empty seat at the bar says:

"I see. I'm sorry again Mr Serd, I'll go getting another beer directly from the bar. I'll be back in a few minutes if you need me."

With that the ex-assassin leans toward the bar, his face has begun a mask of anger.

"May I help you Sir?" Says the middle-aged barman.

"Yes, I'd like a cold beer." Says Dadarg sighing and siiting heavily to theempty seat.

When the man serves him, the mercenary pays, tipping him not to much. He doesn't want let the barman undestand that he wants to get information from him. Getting a sip of his beer, Dadarg seems to calm a bit. Then says:

"Thank you very much, this wil help me overpass the stupid behavior of that drunk idiot who has disturbed as lately. How dared he to behave like this in front of such a gentleman like Monseur Misroi? And think that I have offered him a drink because he was a stranger here like me. Ahh, such men should stay to their houses and don't go to places like these. But I tell you, with such behavior I bet he will have run often into problems. Do you think Monseur Misroi will forgive him, he left very angry from here?"

OOC> Bluff 19 to make himself looking angry as he doesn't know George before and trying to get the barman sympathy in order to gather information from him about Misroi.

Gather info 17. I cannot play it very well, but I hope Dadrag will going better than me! :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Coan wrote:OOC: Hiro completed his arrangement with Buchvold to get him here but it is an open arrangement you just need to provide him with incentive to stay.

IC: "Ah Mr Buchvold I believe our contract is still in effect while you deal with things. But please recall our terms, I take life neither freely or without consequence. Now if you are able would you please illuminate me as to the situation's requirements and what it involves?"

Hiro speaks calmly while standing up and moving to the table Seaven had just left. Before the waiter can clean it he sits down and gestures to Buchvold to join him.

He also takes the opportunity to closely examine the coins left behind -particularly the silver ones.

Ooc:Coan the coins are Sithican
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

VAN wrote: "Thank you very much, this wil help me overpass the stupid behavior of that drunk idiot who has disturbed as lately. How dared he to behave like this in front of such a gentleman like Monseur Misroi? And think that I have offered him a drink because he was a stranger here like me. Ahh, such men should stay to their houses and don't go to places like these. But I tell you, with such behavior I bet he will have run often into problems. Do you think Monseur Misroi will forgive him, he left very angry from here?"
The barman looks rather unhappy at having his opinion requested but responds politely enough. "Er...perdon, m'sieur," he says with a thick Souragnian accent. "Me Mordent he is...er...not well. You ask the m'sieur Misroi, how he goes? The m'sieur Misroi, he is...er...rabid now, but he is young man, yes? He drink, all leave him. But the gris-gris..."

The bartender grimaces expressively. "Is not good, the gris-gris," he says, and turns away abruptly.

OOC: The way I'm playing it, the upper classes of Souragne all speak Mordentish pretty well, but the poor people speak it little, if at all. Hence the nature of the reply.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:As she waited, Gertrude looked discretely about the room, taking in its surroundings. She nodded her head at Dadrag’s thanks, guessing now that he was Serd’s bodyguard by his continuing proximity to the Richemuloise merchant. His earlier show of relief at the stranger’s departure had been a good sign of his professionalism and common sense. Unless it’s an act of course; not the kind of thing you’d want to have happen right before your employer, she thought with some amused sympathy.

She turned to the maitre d’hotel at his return, smiling warmly at his good news. “Thank you,” she said, and followed him.
Madame Larouche is seated in a dimly-lit room, her impressive bulk filling most of a horsehair-coated love-seat; she rises politely as Kingsley enters. The anchorite (and voodan) is heavily built and taller than many men, dressed elegantly in the white silk dress and broad white hat of the wealthy Souraganien; her features are handsome, her expression intelligent and, at present, curious. "Ah, Professor Kingsley," she says, her rich contralto filling the room. "So unexpected a pleasure. I was on the point of returning home for the evening when Armande found me. How may I be of assistance?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag looks the man leaving as long as he tries to understand what he has said to him. He gets only that Misroi is a rather person and now was angry. That gris-gris seems a rather important word. The ex-assassin thinks that since Darkon has a known mist way with Souragne the barman might speak Darkonese better than Mordentish.

When the barman comes back, Dadrag pretends to be frightened from what he has heard and slipping him a silver piece, shifts at his native darkonese and asks in low voice:

"Are your darkonese better than Mordentish? What is this gris-gris? Should I be afraid of something?"

OOC> Diplomacy 15 in order to avoid get the barman angry from his insistance.
Bluff 17 pretending to be afraid.

If the barman doesn't understand darkonese he will ask him in Mordentish again. If he gets no answer he will not press him further.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude curtseyed, smiling with genuine pleasure at the greeting. Jeanne Larouche had been both informative and charming as a source of information on the Ezran faith in Souragne; she hoped to maintain correspondence on the potential changes that were being hinted as the fiftieth anniversary of Ti-Maman’s death approached.

“You are too kind; it is wonderful to see you, especially on such short notice.” She paused, considering anew how to present this unusual request. “Mme Larouche, I am unsure as to who else I could trust to approach. I hope you will understand that I do not ask this favour lightly, especially in light of our past acquaintance.” She hesitated once more, then took the plunge. “I require a guide who will be able to bring me to Chicken Bone.” Since I doubt he’s willing to come to visit…
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

VAN wrote: When the barman comes back, Dadrag pretends to be frightened from what he has heard and slipping him a silver piece, shifts at his native darkonese and asks in low voice:

"Are your darkonese better than Mordentish? What is this gris-gris? Should I be afraid of something?"
Dadrag's question in Darkonese gets only a bewildered look; when he repeats it in Mordentish, the barkeep's face darkens. "Gris-gris, it is the bad...how you say? The lights the man make from nothing. Like that. Very bad it is seen here, in front of all."

OOC: Since this is written, not verbal--"gris-gris" is pronounced "gree-gree" (rhymes with "he," not with "kiss.")
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:Gertrude curtseyed, smiling with genuine pleasure at the greeting. Jeanne Larouche had been both informative and charming as a source of information on the Ezran faith in Souragne; she hoped to maintain correspondence on the potential changes that were being hinted as the fiftieth anniversary of Ti-Maman’s death approached.

“You are too kind; it is wonderful to see you, especially on such short notice.” She paused, considering anew how to present this unusual request. “Mme Larouche, I am unsure as to who else I could trust to approach. I hope you will understand that I do not ask this favour lightly, especially in light of our past acquaintance.” She hesitated once more, then took the plunge. “I require a guide who will be able to bring me to Chicken Bone.” Since I doubt he’s willing to come to visit…
At the name of Chicken Bone, Mme. Larouche's mouth opens into an incredulous O. She recovers her self-possession quickly, but it is obvious the request is unexpected--and frightening.

"You wish to see Chicken Bone," she repeats slowly. "Now? As soon as possible?"
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude nodded, slowly. She knew this was not a light request. “Yes.”

Present the coin, or wait? She was hesitant to present it; not until she knew for certain that there was no other avenue.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:Gertrude nodded, slowly. She knew this was not a light request. “Yes.” Present the coin, or wait? She was hesitant to present it; not until she knew for certain that there was no other avenue.
"It is an ill night," Larouche muttered, mostly to herself; shaking herself, she says, "I cannot help you, Madame Kingsley. It would not be the action of a friend to allow you to go alone into the Maison d'Sablet on a night like this one. I know a few who know the way, but..." She shrugs expressively. "Several men, well-armed, yes; but you and a guide alone, no."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Coan wrote:OOC: Hiro completed his arrangement with Buchvold to get him here but it is an open arrangement you just need to provide him with incentive to stay.

IC: "Simple enough, Hiro."Buchvold smiles as he sits down , but takes car to position himself so he can watch the table containing Dadrag and Serd. He speaks in a whisper. "My organization has sent us to consult with a certian figure in the woods. There is however, some chance that our enemies may attempt to interfere with this. Ergo, I require your services to protect me. "
"Hold a moment, Hiro" Buchvold spots Dadrag talking to the barman, and shifts his seat slightly to best listen to what is said
The barman looks rather unhappy at having his opinion requested but responds politely enough. "Er...perdon, m'sieur," he says with a thick Souragnian accent. "Me Mordent he is...er...not well. You ask the m'sieur Misroi, how he goes? The m'sieur Misroi, he is...er...rabid now, but he is young man, yes? He drink, all leave him. But the gris-gris..."

The bartender grimaces expressively. "Is not good, the gris-gris," he says, and turns away abruptly.
Buchvold's face contorts at the phrase Gris-Gris.
A thousand... This is far from good. Someone using magic, and a member of that family in the vacinity...

"I think we'd best leave. As soon as possible, Hiro"

OOC. Buchvold is interested in the other group, as he still hasn't been told precisly what happened. It's logical to assume that he'd eavesdrop on such conversations. There is enough there to aprise Buchvold of two facts

1 Magic was used (There would not be that reaction to a voudan)

2 An angry Mirsroi was somehow involved. (probably as a target.

This is more than enough to get him to wish to leave.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

“I will not be going alone, Mme Larouche. Three gentlemen will be accompanying me, well-armed, and one of them is determined to bring his bodyguard.” Gertrude smiled wanly as she added, “I do thank you, however for your concern.”
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag's face get darker as he realizes that the barman was talking probably about magic, which open display earlier has actually bothered him too. That Misroi doesn't seem to like wizards and magic, the ex-assassin is sure about that.

Keeping his afraid grimace he just say:

"I see, thank you very much. I hope everything goes well."

Dadrag gets another sip of his beer and looks for an instant the barman. Despite his curiocity, the ex-assassin doesn't insist more with his questions, if the man wants he could speak to him by himself. However, the mercenary doubts that he would get any further detail about Misroi, the barman seems being afraid and unwilling to speak.

Always sitting at the bar, Dadrag tries to listen if anyone else is speaking about what has happened and especially about Misroi.

OOC> Listen 29! I finally get a good number! :D
- W H A T ! ? !