GrogCon Europe 2007 - at Daisy's!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

GrogCon Europe 2007 - at Daisy's!!!

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello boils and ghouls,

It has come to happen that our neighbours at the Dragonsfoot community have decided to inaugurate a CONVENTION for us European gamers, and right now, it seems right as if I was the host this year.

While the con's emphasis will most likely be on OLDSCHOOL gaming (no, that doesn't mean 3e unrevised), there mere fact that the convention will take place in or very near my hometown may encourage some of you to come and join in!

Mind you that even trips from far awa may worth the while, for *megalomaniac laughter* gamers from all the world will meet in sight of my playing table!

So, all you critters of the old world, don't hesitate and visit me!

Yours,

Rafael
Le Noir Faineant

Oh, the link to the thread where the specifics are discussed is the following one:

CLICKY
Le Noir Faineant

Noone wants to visit?
Your luck... Image
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

When where how much?

:)
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

Raf, no offense old friend, but it would indeed be easier for us if you posted here at the very least the suggested dates and location. Reading several pages of posts on another forum, trying to find the info, is not "user-friendly".

Moreover, some of us are still waiting to hear more about events for GenCon France and GenCon UK this year as both seem likely to be well worth visiting. Since role-players operate usually on a tight budget (hey, all those accessories cost!), I'm afraid there will be a bigger demand to go play D&D3.5 there than oD&D somewhere in Germany.

Although, if you do manage to get Frank M. to cross over, it might just be worth it... :wink:
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Le Noir Faineant

No offense taken, old friend. :)

Problem is only, dates and prizes are varying, and before I announce something on a wider scale, I want to be 100% sure that I don't have to correct it later. - This thread was only to prepare you all for the news that are yet to come, since places on the meeting will be limited, BUT I wanted my fellow friends from the FoS aboard. :)

Right now, the plans are that the meeting will be held either in Würzburg or in Stuttgart, depending which is the cheapest place we can get, and costs for the lodging plus the official sponsoring of Frank Mentzer will be between 100 and 200 €. (Doing my best to keep it as cheap as possible.)

Now, we surely cannot compete with GenCon, BUT while you can go to GenCon every year, this meeting has a very unique touch already. :) And I will bring pretzels and beer.

And I will pester around until you all surrender and come.

And I mean what I say when I say that. :wink:

Seriously, all I can promise is that we would have A HELL of a time there together and that I hope that all of you manage to come.

And if Fido doesn't come, I'll personally travel to Belgium and kidnap him. Image

I'll report more as soon as I can - and while, indeed, this is retro-gaming con, 2e will be okay. - If, in the end, there's really need for a RL-DM, I will volunteer, of course. :)
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

Rafael wrote:Right now, the plans are that the meeting will be held either in Würzburg or in Stuttgart, depending which is the cheapest place we can get, and costs for the lodging plus the official sponsoring of Frank Mentzer will be between 100 and 200 €. (Doing my best to keep it as cheap as possible.)
Sure, but when?
Rafael wrote:And if Fido doesn't come, I'll personally travel to Belgium and kidnap him
Yikes! :shock:
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Le Noir Faineant

Mortepierre wrote:
Rafael wrote:Right now, the plans are that the meeting will be held either in Würzburg or in Stuttgart, depending which is the cheapest place we can get, and costs for the lodging plus the official sponsoring of Frank Mentzer will be between 100 and 200 €. (Doing my best to keep it as cheap as possible.)
Sure, but when?
Whoops!ImageHow could I forget?!

The estimated date for GrogCon Europe will be from 28th of September (Friday) to 1st of October (Monday - included!).

Image While the prize is yet undefined, you can take the date as fixed. :)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Rafael wrote:Now, we surely cannot compete with GenCon, BUT while you can go to GenCon every year, this meeting has a very unique touch already. :) And I will bring pretzels and beer.
Now we are talking... if there will be beer, the classic german beer icy and in big glasses I'm already there! :lol:

Seriously now, if my brother has some free time these days I'd really like to come.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Le Noir Faineant

That would be great!

Now, my friends from Belgium! VAN's and al's way will be longer than yours, so I excpet that you follow their good example. :wink:
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hi rafael,
It sounds really tempting to come. I will keep the date in mind and see if I can make it then.

Jennifer
Le Noir Faineant

Very cool! :) I'll post here when the registration can finally start.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

If you can guarantee that:

- I can play Cyclopedia through the whole thing (and not that nightmarish 2nd edition that I never accepted as it was)

- I don't have to bring there my most prized book (Cyclopedia) that I don't even get out of my house even though some friends ask me to read it

Then I'm probably in (baring some accidents/diseases that I'm so prone to get).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant

Darn! Who invited the tentacle freak?! :wink: If you can read this, your eyes should really hurt by now.

:wink: :) I think I can promise that. Right now, as VAN might report from Dragonsfoot, there's no 2e table at all, just two for CD&D and one for AD&D 1e/OSRIC. :) Would be really cool if you could manage to come! Especially since, after your master degree, I think you won't have too much spare time, at least for the forseeable future. :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Rafael wrote:Darn! Who invited the tentacle freak?! :wink: If you can read this, your eyes should really hurt by now.
Yes I can. Yes they do! :twisted: (No kidding, they did hurt).
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!