Staunton Bluffs V: The Final Choice

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana rushes forward to Alain's aid ,knowing that some friends will help Jamethon and other will join her. Great Sword forward charging the guards , and growling, yelling, sptting, eyes wild as she seems to grow before the guards.

Jarg knows he'll be useless in a battle and heeding Fallenleafs words, rushes to help Jamethon with the lady goddess.
Last edited by steveflam on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

See that there are enough people helping to free Ezra, George loads his crossbow and shoots at the guards before rushing (hopefully not alone) to attack.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

OOC:
This is copied from the OOC board since it is pretty relevent and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked...
BigBadQDaddy wrote:
VAN wrote:
BigBadQDaddy wrote: Alain recites this poem to himself, while casting Haste upon himself.
At 3.5 "haste" gets all the wizards allies in a certain distance of course. So I suppose we are all hasted except Jamethon, right?
My bad, I figured it was target only. Since it is X many targets per caster level, and given Alain is Level 4, the targets would be Alain, Brethana, Jamethon and Inovidil since they seem to be the ones more apt to follow him into battle.

I do have to laugh though, that so many people are willing to follow a completley mad bard weilding a shovel into battle. Too prescious, I hope we all live :roll:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Haste

Post by steveflam »

Yes Haste also Haste's us (1 person per your level), altho we cant be more than 30 feet apart from each other and there is a range if Im not mistaken, something like 50 feet.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise is stunned as he realizes who the beautiful, tormented woman MUST be. "Ezra...!" he gasps, his knees shaking with awe and half-remembered guilt. Tears filling his eyes, he turns with fury back toward Lodissio. "You allowed this?!?! DID you?" He raises an accusatory finger at the satyr.

OOC: And at the first offensive action by Lodissio or his allies, that finger is firing an eldritch blast. :twisted:
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Why everybody is trying to free that strange-looking woman is a mistery for Jarryd, after all he never saw her before in her life. Still there is something special about her, and aura of some sorts that makes him stare at her.

With all his friends running straight into battle, Jarryd grabs his Scimitar and readies himself for it too, but his own inner voice tells him not to act yet, to wait a little longer to see how things unfold.

There will be time for action, but not yet Jarryd, not yet.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

OOC: As per the mistake I made earlier, Alain will not be casting haste. The details are posted in the OOC board. Again I apoligize for any confusion and disruption this may have caused for game flow.

IC:Alain will cast Daze upon Lodissio, then He will move in for attack with his trusty shovel.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote: '' NO TIME! KILL THEM NOW! ''
Lodissio and his men raise their weapons...

But as your (mainly Alain's) wrath explodes on them, the do not yet attack, but as defensively as possible...

Soon three or four of them fall, protecting the wizards that keep the portal open...

Lodissio, while defending from Alain's brutal attacks with the shovel, shouts to his men:

"We knew that this might happen! Protect women and children!"
Nathan of the FoS wrote:"Two or three of you, help Jamethon free her! Lodissio, if that is what you call yourself, what is your reason for this abomination? Cease now or be destroyed!"
"No! You don't understand! It is HER! HER WHO IMPRISONS US!"

Lodissio blocks another strike from Alain, but then is hit by Blaise's magic fire...

"This place - this world here - is hell! People don't deserve living here just because of HER!"

Lodissio is still standing, but you can see that Blaise's magic attack has hit him gravely.

"All we want to do is make the lives of our families better!"

The satyr rises his scimitar again. "I will kill all of you if you threaten these people."
LouisVendredi wrote:See that there are enough people helping to free Ezra, George loads his crossbow and shoots at the guards before rushing (hopefully not alone) to attack.
George shoots the next guard right into the head...
kintire wrote: [Hypnotic Pattern on the group of armed men]
Shana's spell does never leave her lips - one of the women from behind has raised her arm and drawn a shining rune into the hot air of this endless night...

Shana will find that she is suddenly unable to speak...
ewancummins wrote: First he will extract the needles , then try and unchain her.
The swirling sprits of the children welcome Jamethon, their spectral arms risen in praise...

The priest will find that the needles have not only entered the woman's body, but crossed it...

He realizes that the albino woman is deadly wounded, and that pulling her off the torture engine might kill her...
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Madness! Jarryd stands there with his shining scimitar in one hand, confused by the turn of events, dazzled by the rays of light that come from the woman.

Lodissio left us when we needed him the most, but it was our choice to accept his mission. And now he stands there protecting these people. Is he on the wrong side? Are we on the wrong side?

Show me the right path to take Osiris, innocent people might suffer if take the wrong one Jarryd prays silently, ready to charge with his scimitar.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> May you roll a sense motive check about Lodisio's words, Raf?

Inovidil studies the macchine and if it's possible to free Ezra. Noticing that might be dangerous, she turns again in order to help her companions. She doesn't want to hurt her more.
However the young woman cannot help thinking that all this situation is very strange. How is it possible for a goddess being in this dramatic situation? The wizards seem powerful enough yes, but being able to trap a such powrful goddess and get her in such devil macchine seem quite impossible. Why she didn't defend herself? Inovidil recalls Master Fallenleaf's words: "the gods are not allowed to interract with people", but Ezra did, why? Soon after, the evoker recalls Shana's words: "this place is foul of illusions". Actually Inovidil has already seen many of them, almost nothing seems to be what it is. On the other hand the ritual seem real, the wizards get Ezra's blood to do it...
Rafael wrote:Soon three or four of them fall, protecting the wizards that keep the portal open...
...Protect women and children!"
The satyr rises his scimitar again. "I will kill all of you if you threaten these people."

At Lodisio's words Inovidil yells:

"Let them leave, you can treat with him when the others will be away."

At the same time Inovidil puts for a second the end of her staff in one of the small rivers of blood that flew from the torture macchine. The witch hopes that if all this was an illusion, interracting with it, might dispel it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana swings at one of Lodissio's guards or Lodissio hmself if she can(Maybe you forgot her Raf?).

Jarg tries to help free Ezra with Jamethon, "CAn you somehow heal her, Jamethon?"Jarg asks. "Maybe Fallenleaf can help with her". Jarg turns to see if Fallenleaf is occupied or free to help.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Rafael wrote:"No! You don't understand! It is HER! HER WHO IMPRISONS US!"

Lodissio blocks another strike from Alain, but then is hit by Blaise's magic fire...

"This place - this world here - is hell! People don't deserve living here just because of HER!"

Lodissio is still standing, but you can see that Blaise's magic attack has hit him gravely.

"Pray for your own life, satyr," says Blaise with venom. "I left Ezra's path long ago, but I still trust in her far more than I trust a blasphemous dog like you!" With that, he unleashes another arcane blast of red and violet energy from his fingertips.

OOC: Another eldritch blast: I rolled a 21 for ranged touch attack, and 10 points for damage (including Point Blank Shot bonus).
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

JArg helps JAmethon as gently as possible with Ezra ....
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"This is obscene," Fallenleaf shouts at Lodissio. "How can you think to free yourself by torturing the Lady of Tears?"

Pointing to the portal, he speaks a word of arcane power, and for a moment the portal flickers*...

*dispel magic, caster level 15th
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: