Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

Gwenfloor wrote:
Sorti wrote:*bows due to absolute respect*
Worship me, lowly mortals!
Seriously, thank you! This took a lot of work to make.
More to come later!
I do! I do!
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Whatever orifice the noises emanate from is unclear and probably best left unknown.
Eerie.

Absolutely Fantastic work here Gwenflower. We would be nothing if not blessed if you continued making material like this.
In that way, it is the same kind of paradox between Azrael and Inza Kulchevik and the domain of Sithicus, or Maloccio Aderre and Gabrielle Aderre in Invidia.
OOoooo, neat parallel.

I'm sure that Adam might argue that thats the case between him and Mordenheim as well (although its not necessarily the case).
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

While I must admit I'm not impressed by the original game, I'm deeply impressed by your efforts. As the DL/controller relationship is a little odd, I recommend making this not a domain, but a dreamscape of the little girl. This would also suit itself to sending a single PC into the dreamscape alone. See my article on demented dreamscapes for ideas.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

It would best work for sending a single PC.
I think that Darklords are not viewed by their powers over the domain, but the domain is the Darklord's own personal hell.
Then again, Silent Hill is hell for everybody.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Gwenfloor wrote:It would best work for sending a single PC.
I think that Darklords are not viewed by their powers over the domain, but the domain is the Darklord's own personal hell.
I totally agree.
Then again, Silent Hill is hell for everybody.
Again, I agree. That's why I'd make it a dreamscape, or maybe a mists oubliette.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Completely unrelated, but:

I found my copy of Silent Hill 1 today! I've only been looking for it for a year!
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
catlord
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by catlord »

I like this. Never played the games, nor seen the movie, nor read the comics, but I like this.
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Heather Mason; Human Female Tough Hero 3/Daredevil 6; Challenge Rating 9; HD 9D10+29; hp 71; Init+1; Speed 30 feet; Defense 22, Touch 18, Flat-footed 21 (+6 Class, +4 Concealable Vest +2 Dex); Bab+5; Grapple+6; Attack Knife, Metal Pipe, Mace, or Katana+7 Melee (1d4+2, 1d6+3, 1d12+3, or 1d8+2, respectively), Pistol and Shotgun +7 Ranged (2d6 or 2d8, respectively), or Submachine Gun +3 Ranged (2d6 Autofire); Space/Reach 5/5; Special Abilities: Remain Conscious, Robust; AL Father; Mas 15; Saves: Fort+8, Ref+4, Will+3; Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8; Skills: Balance+6, Climb+6, Craft (Chemical)+4, Concentration+8, Drive+8, Escape Artist+6, Research+2, Spot+8, Survival+8, Tumble+6; Feats: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium),Dodge, Endurance, Diehard, Heroic Surge, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Power Attack.
Occupation: Student; Craft (Chemical), (Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences), Research.
Equipment: Concealable Vest (called "Bulletproof Vest" in game), Metal Pipe, Knife, Stun Gun, Katana, Mace, Pistol, Shotgun, Submachine Gun, talisman, pocket flashlight.

Heather is the main protagonist of Silent Hill 3, a seventeen year old woman who carries the spirit of Alessa and The Order's unborn God.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
MajorTomSawyer
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by MajorTomSawyer »

Just so you know, this thread (and wanting to reply) made me register.

Good stuff.

I will say if you are willing to allow permission, I'd be happy to convert this to .pdf format and upload it here (if they allo that) for others to use.

I would like to see an overview of the town itself in the book.

Either way, I plan to do that for personal use, and to surprise my d20 table top group.
[i]"A good pipe and tobacco will make you a patient philosopher or a philistine depending on how you are bent."[/i] - [b][url=http://www.tedspipeshop.com]Ted's Pipe Shop[/url][/b]
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

MajorTomSawyer wrote:Just so you know, this thread (and wanting to reply) made me register.

Good stuff.

I will say if you are willing to allow permission, I'd be happy to convert this to .pdf format and upload it here (if they allo that) for others to use.

I would like to see an overview of the town itself in the book.

Either way, I plan to do that for personal use, and to surprise my d20 table top group.
Permission granted.
MajorTomSawyer
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by MajorTomSawyer »

Excellent, and thank you.

I am off work two days in a row this week, I will probaby start then (or I'll hold off if you have more updates coming).
[i]"A good pipe and tobacco will make you a patient philosopher or a philistine depending on how you are bent."[/i] - [b][url=http://www.tedspipeshop.com]Ted's Pipe Shop[/url][/b]
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Did this ever got uploaded in pdf form anywhere?
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I'm not sure we should host a pdf of this sort on the site, unless all of the trademarked names have been changed. Silent Hill is the copyrighted product of a company other than WotC, and its makers may not be as willing to turn a blind eye to non-profit fan 'trespassing' as WotC is.

However, this thread can remain as a contact-route for folks who want to share the pdf around, via e-mail.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Sorry if I have not posted in like, forever. I took a break from the Silent Hill project, as I have been working heavily on other RPG projects of my own. Not to mention exams, essays, homework, etc.