La Maison Soloumbre: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

[OOC: Making the NMA permanent would actually be a waste of time, as it's a spell that lasts for days and can be laid well in advance. Listening Coin has a much shorter duration than that. (In fact, the Coin-spell is probably getting close to the end of its duration; how late in the evening is all this happening, anyway? :? )

[Crow would've prepared the Coins this morning, off the Maison grounds. It's a divination and a bard-exclusive spell, so Misroi's ban wouldn't apply to his casting it, even if anyone in town had seen him doing it. It's also dismissable, so if he hears Vedarrak get curious about the transmitter-Coin Buchvold is carrying, my PC will cancel the spell, leaving it just an ordinary coin.

[Come to think of it, if the Coin caught the sound of Lady Karla telling Kingsley what to do, he'll probably drop the spell as soon as he knows Buchvold isn't in any immediate danger.]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude nodded at the order and followed the Countess, watching her step as she moved among the tents. Why here? she wondered to herself, as she moved inside the chosen tent.

Again, she nodded her acquiescence; she still wasn’t sure whether the order given outdoor still applied, and figured it was better to err on the side of caution. She was however privately relieved. Her bag had been left in ‘her’ room, so she had nothing except a handkerchief in one of her pockets. The only magical jewelry that she possessed was her Fraternity ring; there certainly wasn’t anything incriminatory on her person.

She wondered what had been the cause of this over-reaction; there seemed to be no sounds of battle or shouts for aid as of yet. She suddenly recalled her reading, and the Prison card she’d had in her reading. And for my immediate future too. Well, if this is what it meant, I can certainly cope with it…
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Moral Machivelli wrote:Hmm. Buchvod reflects to himself Not how I had expected to spend my evening.

He complies with Verredak freely. Buchvold has nothing to hide. The search turnes up the Borcan's pistol, a longsword ,two daggers, a bag full of varing currency, buchvold's notebook (which has his lecture notes, as well as some private thaughts on one or two poeple, but is not incriminating) and some nondescript books, mostly on the element of belief in relation to arcane power. (Though one or two are on the plane of shadow)
The Falkovnian quickly divests Buchvold of his possessions; as he is doing so the half-elf Quiret pulls aside the flap of the tent and enters, his bright eyes flicking across Buchvold's face.

"I'll take these for the time being, Brother Buchvold," Vedarrak says. "Now, a few questions. What were you doing here in the garden?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:Gertrude nodded at the order and followed the Countess, watching her step as she moved among the tents. Why here? she wondered to herself, as she moved inside the chosen tent.

Again, she nodded her acquiescence; she still wasn’t sure whether the order given outdoor still applied, and figured it was better to err on the side of caution. She was however privately relieved. Her bag had been left in ‘her’ room, so she had nothing except a handkerchief in one of her pockets. The only magical jewelry that she possessed was her Fraternity ring; there certainly wasn’t anything incriminatory on her person.

She wondered what had been the cause of this over-reaction; there seemed to be no sounds of battle or shouts for aid as of yet. She suddenly recalled her reading, and the Prison card she’d had in her reading. And for my immediate future too. Well, if this is what it meant, I can certainly cope with it…
The Countess searches Kingsley quickly, but with a thoroughness that Kingsley cannot help but feel intrusive. At finding nothing but the handkerchief the Countess smiles very slightly for an instant--perhaps remembering the past loan of a similar article--and tucks it in her own sleeve. "Your pardon, Professor," she says quietly. "Yes? Oh, come in." Lars Lorenz, the outsized Lamordian brother, steps inside with a grace that belies his bulk and seats himself.

She gives him a questioning look, and he shrugs slightly and gestures to Kingsley. Shrugging in turn, she turns back to Gertrude and asks, "Professor--what brought you to the garden this evening?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold can guess that now is probably not the best time to annoy Verredak. He speaks simply, calmly and clearly.

"I was meeting brother Serd, in order to discuss a buisness dealing. To cut it short, I was making him an offer to put money into my buisness. It would be a usefull deal, but as few people knew about it, the better. That is why we chose to meet here, and why he was invisable when you found him. Our discussion had finished, and I was proceeding to the Maison, when I fell into discussion with sister Kingsly. Shortly after that, this all started. "
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

What in the world, Gertrude thought, utterly perplexed as the Countess took her handkerchief. Still, she said nothing, simply grateful that it had been a woman who’d performed the...thorough... search. The alternative she wouldn’t even let herself consider. When the massive Lamordian joined them, filling the tent, she began to worry anew, especially after the brief wordless exchange he shared with von Lovenhorst.

Bollocks, the professor thought, looking a little embarrassed. I’d been hoping perhaps for a little notice- not a bloody stage-light! Is everyone going to be asking me about this?! Can’t a woman walk in the garden without it being a topic of conversation?!

What am I going to say...

“I had just come away from seeing the Father,” the professor began. Even now she smiled, hoping that this nonsense wouldn’t affect her standing. “He’d spoken to me about my upcoming examination. I wanted a chance to clear my head; to consider all that was going on, before returning to join my friends to share the news.”

So far, so good, she thought, as she entered into the personally tricky part. “I went to the old statue of Notre Dame; I’d seen it when I’d first arrived here.” Blessed sun, please don’t ask me why. “When I’d gathered my thoughts, I began to return to the Maison.

“Brother Buchvold stopped me; it was the first time we’d ever really spoken to each other. I had just invited him to accompany me inside. I was unaware of Brother Serd’s presence,” she added tartly. “Then the door opened, and I felt a spell being cast in my direction. I turned invisible to protect myself, and then…” She raised her handcuffed wrists.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Moral Machivelli wrote:Buchvold can guess that now is probably not the best time to annoy Verredak. He speaks simply, calmly and clearly.

"I was meeting brother Serd, in order to discuss a buisness dealing. To cut it short, I was making him an offer to put money into my buisness. It would be a usefull deal, but as few people knew about it, the better. That is why we chose to meet here, and why he was invisable when you found him. Our discussion had finished, and I was proceeding to the Maison, when I fell into discussion with sister Kingsly. Shortly after that, this all started. "
"You saw or heard nothing else? There was no-one else in the garden?" Ibelis asks. Behind Buchvold, Vedarrak mutters something; Buchvold recognizes the phrasing as the cantrip for detection of magical auras.*

*So does Crow, if pertinent.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote: “I had just come away from seeing the Father,” the professor began. Even now she smiled, hoping that this nonsense wouldn’t affect her standing. “He’d spoken to me about my upcoming examination. I wanted a chance to clear my head; to consider all that was going on, before returning to join my friends to share the news.”

So far, so good, she thought, as she entered into the personally tricky part. “I went to the old statue of Notre Dame; I’d seen it when I’d first arrived here.” Blessed sun, please don’t ask me why. “When I’d gathered my thoughts, I began to return to the Maison.
The Countess furrows her brow and seems about to ask a question; seeing that Kingsley wishes to continue, she forebears.
“Brother Buchvold stopped me; it was the first time we’d ever really spoken to each other. I had just invited him to accompany me inside. I was unaware of Brother Serd’s presence,” she added tartly. “Then the door opened, and I felt a spell being cast in my direction. I turned invisible to protect myself, and then…” She raised her handcuffed wrists.
"Brother Serd was invisible from the time you came out until...this, then?" the Countess asks, gesturing slightly at the manacles at the word "this". "Did you see or hear anyone or anything else?"
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude nodded at the question, still annoyed at Serd's eavesdropping. Why hadn’t he joined us? Who was he watching? She lay that line of thought aside as she considered the next question. She paused, racking her memory. Had anybody been walking by? Any other voices? She then shook her head regretfully. “That is all that I can recollect. “ She hadn’t thought to look around; after all, the Maison was supposed to be well-protected. If their security system involves checking everyone between here and the ground’s perimeters, they could be doing this all night though…

She looked at the pair. “I was doing nothing wrong. If there is anything happening, I would like to help, as I did last time.”
Last edited by Pamela on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
Moral Machivelli wrote:Buchvold can guess that now is probably not the best time to annoy Verredak. He speaks simply, calmly and clearly.

"You saw or heard nothing else? There was no-one else in the garden?" Ibelis asks. Behind Buchvold, Vedarrak mutters something; Buchvold recognizes the phrasing as the cantrip for detection of magical auras.*

*So does Crow, if pertinent.
Buchvold smiles at Ibelis , just realizing somthing.
So, that is how far suspission now runs. Everything verrified. Or do they simply not trust Verredak?...

"No, but visibility was poor. If their was anyone activly trying to conceal himself, I wouldn't have spotted them. Unlikely that anyone would, unless they were looking hard."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote: She looked at the pair. “I was doing nothing wrong. If there is anything happening, I would like to help, as I did last time.”
"I am sure you do, Professor," the Countess replies coolly, glancing almost too quickly to be noticed at the Lamordian; Kingsley realizes that her demeanor would probably be quite a bit more sympathetic if they were alone. Lorenz grunts and shifts his weight, leaning in to ask, "You cast no spells? At least, up until your disappearing trick?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Moral Machivelli wrote: Buchvold smiles at Ibelis , just realizing somthing.
So, that is how far suspission now runs. Everything verrified. Or do they simply not trust Verredak?...

"No, but visibility was poor. If their was anyone activly trying to conceal himself, I wouldn't have spotted them. Unlikely that anyone would, unless they were looking hard."
Suspicion does indeed seem to run deep; Buchvold is somewhat less amused at the recollection that suspicion is, at least for the moment, directed toward him. Ibelis glances over Buchvold's shoulder, presumably at Vedarrak; nodding, he turns back to Buchvold and asks, "Did you cast any spell while you were in the garden?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Ah. So, the crunch. Buchvold debates the merits of blaming Sister Kingsly for the spell, but decides against it. It would come down to Serd's oppinion, and that could go either way. And if he did tell the truth, it would look much worse. Besides, he chuckles to himself Mr. Crow would never forgive me.

"Apart from the warning shot when you and the others tried to restrain us, no. My appolagies for that, but as I say,I was unable to identify you, and it was a warning shot, in responce to the father's spell ,not an out and out attack. Please note also that I used a spell with little power to make it"

OOC, Crow has dissmissed the coin, yes?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Moral Machivelli wrote: "Apart from the warning shot when you and the others tried to restrain us, no. My appolagies for that, but as I say,I was unable to identify you, and it was a warning shot, in responce to the father's spell ,not an out and out attack. Please note also that I used a spell with little power to make it"
Ibelis makes a dismissive gesture. "Yes. But before that, while you were talking to Serd, or to Kingsley?"
OOC, Crow has dissmissed the coin, yes?
Buchvold doesn't know. (Actually, at the moment, neither do I...Roti?)
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Interesting Buchvold looks curious, but in deference to the brothers suspission, does not inquire if the pair know what was cast. "No. Definetly not. I had no need to. Nor, as far as I could tell did Kingsly or Serd, appart from their respective invisibility spells."