Phantom Shift as an Attack Form

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Phantom Shift as an Attack Form

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Recently in Reckonings, I've had a ghost use his phantom shift ability to render the terrain hostile to the PC's. He's in the process of ramming them with the ethereal resonance of a sunken ship. Given the proper conditions, Saragoss had plenty of other was to use phantom shift as a mode of attack or at least as a serious complication. Anyone else use this ability this way?

Also, should a sinkhole of evil affected by phantom shift use the normal penalties or the ethereal ones? The difference is small but important, so I thought I'd get some feedback.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

I too am seeking some clarity on Phantom Shifts.

Does the spell effectively drag its victims into the Near Ethereal making the ghost corporeal to them and hence permitting each side to each blows, spells, and physical touch attacks of all sorts? Further, would the body of someone killed before the Phantom Shift ends remain in the Near Ethereal where the ghost could do with it what it likes?

I am considering bring back the Ladislas from Death Unchained as a Geist, unable to manifest but able to provoke Phantom Shifts.
The cure for what ails you