I'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO KILL EASAN!!!!!!!!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO KILL EASAN!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Scarycount »

Easan's regeneration ability states that he is immune to ability DRAIN. It does not say he is immune to ability DAMAGE. In fact, it states that any ability DRAIN he suffers is treated as ability DAMAGE. Just DAMAGE his CON to 0, and he is dead! I feel so proud, I think I deserve a powers check! :D
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

Allright, allright, no need to scream...
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I'm not sure I know what the difference is between the two, so I'm going to take a guess and let the more experienced veterans correct me if I'm wrong.

Guess #1: Ability damage is when you fail a Fort save (say) against poison (say) and lose 1d4 Str points.

Guess #2: Ability DRAIN is when a vampire (say) hits you with a salient ability (say) and you lose 1d4 Str points and it gains a certain benefit from that.

Is that correct? Please post to clarify if it is not.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Pretty much. Damage you heal normally, drain you cannot.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

It doesn't make any sense for Easan to not be able to survive ability drain, and yet, be able to get over disintegration like it was the flu.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Sorti wrote:Allright, allright, no need to scream...

Sorry :oops:. It's just that I've been trying to figure out how to kill this guy for years, and I just figured it out. Since everyone's been complaining about how you can't kill Easan, I thoght I should share this discovery with everyone, so they can be happy that this darklord wasn't as badly created as they thought. Easan has a weakness just like everyone else.
It doesn't make any sense for Easan to not be able to survive ability drain, and yet, be able to get over disintegration like the flu.
Does it make sense that you can't kill a werewolf by driving a sword though its stomach, but can take it down with a few deep nicks from a silver daggar? By the way, as I say above repatedly, he is immune to drain, but not damage.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

A) We're talking about Easan the Mad, not werewolves. I do must remind you that in my opinion, watching, reading or even roleplaying about a werewolf who can shrug off little niggling things like disembowelment, multiple gunshot wounds, and exploding sticks of dynamite, only to die upon the prick of a silver letteropener, and be reduced to a morass of boiling bones and bubbling entrails is about as entertaining as listening to paint dry.
B) Did you forget that the ability damage he suffers is TEMPORARY? I repeat: I don't see the logic in that Easan can shrug off being cut into a thousand pieces, then dowsed with magical acid and fire as though they were papercuts, and yet, not be able to recover from the effects of arsenic or mercury poisoning.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

It seems, we will have to agree to disagree on this subject. :)
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

Scarycount wrote: Since everyone's been complaining about how you can't kill Easan
Like who?

For the most part, I don't here tons of complaints about how hard it is to kill a darklord.

It seems kind of lame to me to want to knock them off, especialyl when there are so many good stories to tell about them, or with them. Killing DLs makes it feel like a logical progression of getting to a boss and killing him. I don't think that is how it is.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Luke Fleeman wrote:
Scarycount wrote: Since everyone's been complaining about how you can't kill Easan
Like who?

For the most part, I don't here tons of complaints about how hard it is to kill a darklord.

It seems kind of lame to me to want to knock them off, especialyl when there are so many good stories to tell about them, or with them. Killing DLs makes it feel like a logical progression of getting to a boss and killing him. I don't think that is how it is.
Exactly.
I mean arguing semantics and rule lawyering aren't the heart of RL, after all. I mean, wouldn't it be better to figure out some way of identifying and seperating the demon in Easan's head than figuring out which kill the opponent 40 times over (Su) attack to use?
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Easan's regeneration ability states that he is immune to ability DRAIN. It does not say he is immune to ability DAMAGE. In fact, it states that any ability DRAIN he suffers is treated as ability DAMAGE. Just DAMAGE his CON to 0, and he is dead!
Information that deserves a DC 35 Knowledge (Ravenloft) check to discover in-game, methinks. 8)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Woah, turned my back on this thread for a bit and look what happened.

There are a few things that this forum is a little neurotic about. Looking for logical answers to mystical questions is one of them. I remember once posting a new curse for Vlad Drakov, and finding a surprisng amount of venom waiting for me in the post when I returned to it.

To all you folks who don't like a proposal - fine. You don't have to like it. We're not suddenly replacing canon with fanon and requiring you to play with an idea. Everything here is purely optional. People are just coming up with novel ways of looking at things. If you disagree with it, and want to add to the discussion, then that's great - it's what a forum's all about.

But hammering a guy just because he brings up a weird or unanticipated point is not conducive to creativity. It tends to stifle it. If this is a thread that touches on a point you've already seen elsewhere, maybe post a link or drop a synopsis. However, nobody's forcing you to look at the thread. If it's a waste of your time, just move on and let others check it out if they want to.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Everyone on this forum makes good points. They are points I don't agree with, but thats ok. Personally, I'm suprised I got no venom for my kartakass thread. That was much more outragious than how to kill Easan, IMHO.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

I'm not against new and novel ideas.
I AM, however, against ideas that are derived solely from semantics arguments, and rules lawyering.
I mean, honestly, how does a "fear of undead" fit into the personality of Easan the Mad? Last I checked, Iuz the Old is not the same as Orcus, Prince of the Undead. How does "ability damage" fit into Easan's curse? How would the players' characters know, let alone explain, that Easan the Mad is apparently vulnerable to "ability damage"?
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

That's fine. Then treat it like trivia - a brain tickler of entertainment value - something to nibble on and then pass by.

If others see fit to descend on the morsel like a flock of vultures and toss it around, there's no need for you to join in if you don't approve.

I have the same attitude towards hip-hop music and it seems to work fairly well in the real world too. :)