Monster Lore

Discussing all things Ravenloft
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Monster Lore

Post by cure »

A policy change for the better? There was, for example, a thread on the poisonous fog encircling the Village of Barovia from perhaps three or four years back if not more. It vanished and proved, at that time, to be only partially recoverable via the Waybackmachine or the Google cache. I inquired here about the matter and was told that old posts did eventually fall off the end of the earth and vanish. I asked why was that the case and could that be changed, but never received a response that answered the matter squarely, which itself seemed rather curious.
The cure for what ails you
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

cure wrote:A policy change for the better? There was, for example, a thread on the poisonous fog encircling the Village of Barovia from perhaps three or four years back if not more. It vanished and proved, at that time, to be only partially recoverable via the Waybackmachine or the Google cache. I inquired here about the matter and was told that old posts did eventually fall off the end of the earth and vanish. I asked why was that the case and could that be changed, but never received a response that answered the matter squarely, which itself seemed rather curious.
The forum used to be run on a shared server with limited space, hosted as a favor, and had to be pruned from time to time. Now that we've moved to our own paid host and have "infinite" space, there is no need. I can't speak to that particular post, since it was before my time as admin, but it will be my policy going forward to never prune the forum.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

We started the FoS in November 2003, and now the oldest post on this board is Oct 2004. I think about a year of post went down the drain, but I also believe we have everything since late Oct 2004.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)