Inner rank message

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Inner rank message

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Dear Elders of the Fraternity,

You have read “S” ’missive about her previous academician and field works. I join my voice to others recommending her as a member of the Fraternity, even if it breaks our tenets.

For her safety, her identity shall be protected for the moment. Imagine what predicaments would we get if he was to guess S is considered to become a member of the Fraternity of Shadows!

Viktor Hazan
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

What?

We get the failure back just because her monster-daddy gifted her some bracers and made sure she didn't perish (for long at least) by werewolves?

PS. Good idea but what does this mean for us? Why is that secret special? :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

What secret?
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

S's identity of course...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

By Hextor! Has the Fraternity changed its guidelines or was "S" a guy all the time?! - Wearing skirts... What a clever camouflage...
Joël of the FoS

alhoon wrote:S's identity of course...
That's not really a secret! You know who S is, no?

;)
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

I do ... I think... :?:

AGHH... too.. much ... innuendo
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Re: Inner rank message

Post by Pamela »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote: I join my voice to others recommending her as a member of the Fraternity, even if it breaks our tenets.

About bloody time, dammit! 8)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Heh. Can you picture the "little scholar's" reaction, if Lady Karla tried to hold her to the same humiliating 'entrance requirement' which your PC Gertrude conceded to, Llana? Catfight! :lol:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rotipher wrote:Heh. Can you picture the "little scholar's" reaction, if Lady Karla tried to hold her to the same humiliating 'entrance requirement' which your PC Gertrude conceded to, Llana? Catfight! :lol:
FWIW, it wasn't the Countess' idea...frankly, I think S would have met that requirement at the drop of a hat. Maternal instinct does not seem to be one of her more prominent qualities.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

True, she's hardly the "Mommy" type. It's the disrespectful presumption of their making such a demand that would offend her, IMO: if she's got the gall to smart-mouth Azalin in his own commissioned reports, she's hardy going to reign in her outrage, for a bunch of self-important, illusion-obsessed misogynists! :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

She put on a bracer sent by Azalin without any hesitation. I think her bark is worse than her bite.

And hey, she'd probably think that it was probably only fair, since the guys obviously lack balls in getting the group's sole highly-placed woman to make their prerequisite... :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

May we assume this decision is related to the rumors concerning the fraternity's presence in Paridon?

Jonathan Winters
Joël of the FoS

Jonathan Winters wrote:May we assume this decision is related to the rumors concerning the fraternity's presence in Paridon?

Jonathan Winters
There is such a rumour?

;)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:
Jonathan Winters wrote:May we assume this decision is related to the rumors concerning the fraternity's presence in Paridon?
There is such a rumour?

Well, I guess there is now.... :wink: