Looking to trade a couple of Ravenloft books

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Lord Soth

Looking to trade a couple of Ravenloft books

Post by Lord Soth »

I hope my posting this here isn't a problem.

Anyway, I recently won a couple of Ravenloft auctions on eBay, but as a result, I ended up with duplicates of books I already had. Domains of Dread and Darklords. So anyone have any books they don't want, or doubles that they'd like to trade? I could sell them again on eBay, but I'd really rather save some time and trouble and just trade them for other Ravenloft books. This is what I'm looking for.

Forbidden Lore
Castles Forlorn
Bleak House
Requiem: The Grim Harvest
Van Richten’s Guide to Vampires
Van Richten’s Guide to the Lich
Van Richten’s Guide to Werebeasts
Van Richten’s Guide to the Created
Van Richten’s Guide to the Vistani
Van Richten’s Monster Hunter’s Compendium Vol. 1
Van Richten’s Monster Hunter’s Compendium Vol. 2
Van Richten’s Monster Hunter’s Compendium Vol. 3
Champions of the Mists
Carnival
Children of the Night: The Created
Monstrous Compendium II: Children of the Night
Monstrous Compendium I & II
Monstrous Compendium III: Children of Darkness
Feast of Goblyns
Touch of Death
Roots of Evil
The Created
Web of Illusion
House of Strahd
Night of the Walking Dead
From the Shadows
The Shadow Rift
Dark of the Moon
Adam’s Wrath
The Awakening
Hour of the Knife
When Black Roses Bloom
Circle of Darkness
Chilling Tales
The Evil Eye
Neither Man Nor Beast
Death Unchained
Death Ascendant
The Forgotten Terror
Servants of Darkness
Vecna Reborn

I'm especially anxious to get my hands on the Grand Conjunction adventures, Castles Forlorn, Carnival, Bleak House, and When Black Roses Bloom. So if you'd like to trade then send me a PM. Thanks.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

You are aware that you can get several of hte modules for free on the Wizards site? Most notably the first 3 or so of the Grand Conjunction modules. Just search for 2nd Edition stuff on the D&D official website.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lord Soth

Post by Lord Soth »

NeoTiamat wrote:You are aware that you can get several of hte modules for free on the Wizards site? Most notably the first 3 or so of the Grand Conjunction modules. Just search for 2nd Edition stuff on the D&D official website.

I'm not interested in downloads, as I don't like reading books off the computer. And with how much my printer ink costs, it wouldn't be worthwhile to print them out. Besides, a guy's gotta have a hobby, right? ;)
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

To each his own. I'd be interested, but I'm still in the process of getting such books as I can for 3.5.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
wolfgang_fener
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by wolfgang_fener »

I recently got a copy of Castles Forlorn and I must say it is really a must.

Too bad I can't use it right away but you can be sure I'll lead my players over there asap ! In my campaign The players will need help from the druids, something critical to their long term goal. Of course the druids have been waiting for a very long time to meet with such a band of pcs so they will first ask the pcs to investigate the castle...

I also expect it to be very difficult to DM because of the various time frames and non-linearity so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have at least a few years of DMing experience under its belt.

Anyway, grab it if you can ! Good luck.
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

Not to be jerky, but the list you put up is pretty much everything they ever put out for 2e. I know you cast a wide net to get it all, but you might want to try to narrow down what you REALLY want.

You should probably try to eBay up some more copies of the easier to get stuff, and then narrow it down to the rest.

BTW, Carnival, When Black Roses Bloom, and Bleak House are typically the most expensive and/or hard to get.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Soth

Post by Lord Soth »

Well, it's 2/3 of what came out for 2E. I've got 1/3 of the product line. And yeah, it's a wide net, but really, I'm just looking to complete the collection. The two books I'm trading are doubles of what I already got, so I'll pretty much trade them for any of the books in the 2E line that I don't already have.
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

I'm pretty sure I have "Web of Illusion" and "Death Unchained", I'll have to get back to you, though.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

As a collector who has gotten damn near everything that ever came out for public sale for the Ravenloft setting ever (including non canonical stuff like Lord of the Necropolis and House on Gryphon Hill) I can do no less than to commend Green Knight for his enthusiasm and to advise him to ignore the catcalls and detractions of those mortals of lesser obsessiveness ;)

And honestly, a self respecting collector doesn't just settle for some .pdf approximation... you need something you can hold and feel and treasure on your bookshelf :)

To give you a sense of how hardcore some people can get (obviously not me, *ahem*, for I am perfectly balanced and non-obsessive), my collection of Ravenloft stuff is in Beijing right now and I have actually begun to buy duplicates of a few books just so I have them at hand right here. So far I've limited to books where my original copies are badly worn, but I do hear those demons calling me over the horizon to build up a second collection of Ravenloft books.

I'd do the same for miniatures too but I can't paint them so I've settled only for the "Lords of Ravenloft" pack and the "Denizens of Ravenloft" pack, as well as one single misnamed lich figurine that was erroneously labelled as "Azalin" in Britain.

Also, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is a good buy and worth your time, even if the cosmetic updates are a little jarring at times.
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

HuManBing wrote:advise him to ignore the catcalls and detractions of those mortals of lesser obsessiveness.
I wasn't saying don't do it; I have all but 6 items for 2e RL, so I am not one to say don't do it.

I was just making a suggestion/giving a warning.

The easiset way to assmble the collection, really, is to whittle down the cheap and easy to get, and work your way up towards the harder stuff, so you have mroe money to focus on those.

Check Amazon, btw; they have some on there.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Soth

Post by Lord Soth »

HuManBing wrote:As a collector who has gotten damn near everything that ever came out for public sale for the Ravenloft setting ever (including non canonical stuff like Lord of the Necropolis and House on Gryphon Hill) I can do no less than to commend Green Knight for his enthusiasm and to advise him to ignore the catcalls and detractions of those mortals of lesser obsessiveness ;)

And honestly, a self respecting collector doesn't just settle for some .pdf approximation... you need something you can hold and feel and treasure on your bookshelf :)

To give you a sense of how hardcore some people can get (obviously not me, *ahem*, for I am perfectly balanced and non-obsessive), my collection of Ravenloft stuff is in Beijing right now and I have actually begun to buy duplicates of a few books just so I have them at hand right here. So far I've limited to books where my original copies are badly worn, but I do hear those demons calling me over the horizon to build up a second collection of Ravenloft books.

I'd do the same for miniatures too but I can't paint them so I've settled only for the "Lords of Ravenloft" pack and the "Denizens of Ravenloft" pack, as well as one single misnamed lich figurine that was erroneously labelled as "Azalin" in Britain.

Also, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is a good buy and worth your time, even if the cosmetic updates are a little jarring at times.

I got Expedition to Castle Ravenloft the other day, and so far I'm fairly happy with it.

And nice to see a fellow obsessive! :D I've always tried to collect a complete product line, but I've never quite succeeded. I'm still short a couple Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay books for that collection, and I had a strong Ravenloft 3E collection until I sold a couple books several weeks ago due to a shortage of funds (Boy am I regretting THAT decision! Thankfully I still got plenty left, and the ones I sold won't be to hard to replace). As for my Forgotten Realms collection... well... I ended up waving the white flag on that one. :?

Agreed about the PDF's. I actually got a couple of downloads, and could get more, but it just isn't the same. There's just no comparison between reading it on the computer screen, or reading a print out, and holding the actual book in your hands. Carnival, for instance, I downloaded ages ago and printed it out. Still want the book, though.
The easiset way to assmble the collection, really, is to whittle down the cheap and easy to get, and work your way up towards the harder stuff, so you have mroe money to focus on those.

Makes sense. But at the moment I'm just looking to trade for anything. I listed all of that because I don't particularly care which books I get in trade, and I wanted to make sure anyone with spares or with books they didn't want could look at my list and find those books on it. Just hope someone is short on a copy of Domains of Dread and Darklords, while having a couple of books or a boxed set they got no use for.