Where to find Gazetteer V?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Where to find Gazetteer V?

Post by Gwenfloor »

I looked on Ebay, Amazon, and Talon comics, but I cannot find a copy of Gazetteer V in book format. It was only released in 2004, it can't be that rare already! Heck, I've seen more Secrets of the Dread Realms copies on these previous sites, and I thought that they were more rare!
Can anybody help direct me to a reliable site that has this book?
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

I've only seen it at one Barns and Nobel so you migt be out of luck. Your only other option is to go to a site like Drivethurpg.com and get the pdf. Its half price right now and for another $12 or so you can get Kinkos to print it out for you.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Thank you very much, Jasper. I have a Barnes & Noble nearby, so I may find it there.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Yes, for some strange reason Gaz V is not nearly as common on the Internet as the other four. I've been looking for about a year now and I only just got my copy a week ago from eBay.

It was quite cheap, though - possibly the cheapest Gaz I'd bought from eBay. The seller who sold it to me did not list it as "Gazetteer V" or "Gazetter 5". They simply listed it as "Gazetteer" and I inferred from the photograph that it was the fifth instalment.

May be worth going online again and just taking a peer at the photos to make sure.

On an unrelated note, what other canonical creatures in D&D have a CR as high as Gwydion? I believe he even trumps Elminster and the other Epic level munch-gasm FR and GH characters presented in the Epic Level Handbook... so nice to know Ravenloft has its own epic character to compete with the rest of them!
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

I just checked with my distributor and I can get only Gaz three, so my suggestion would be to be patient and keep hitting up ebay.
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Half.com has none too. But you can put it onto your wishlist and receive a mail when someone lists one. Same with ebay: put it onto your favorite search and get an email when someone lists one. But make sure to searchfor V or 5 !

They do pop up there once in a while: item search

My FLGS used to have them, but not anymore...