Who wants to do the "Return Azalin to power adventure?&

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Yes, I'm on this, of course :)

I have to check a few things, format it, get John to look at it if he wants to, and then it will be out: it might take a few weeks.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Great, thank you! :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

As a note: Do you need help?

PS. I have internet connection problems and not that much time... Still I want to help!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Likewise, I'd like to help wherever I can. Proofreading, editing, writing up - I can do it all.
Joël of the FoS

I'm really looking to play this adventure in my current campaign.

However, I'm not going to play before the Death Unchained + Ascendant and Requiem. Any specific tips you see to introduce PCs going to Darkon for the first time ?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

I don;t know if this is too late, but I would gladly lend my practiced eye as an editor/helper.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Joël of the FoS

Thanks for all the offers, it's apreiated. The document is in good hands now.

Joël
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Did we ever get a PDF of this? :D Huh!? Huh? Did we?? :D :D
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Joël of the FoS

Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

I was re-reading through the old "The March of Doom" stuff by Mangrum (trying to get information on Shrouded Years Darkon), and I noticed that many secrets were kept about the third adventure, The Bitter Price of Peace, due to how much of it would have been used in Death Undaunted...

From the Ravenloft-L list:
After the release of Death Undaunted I'll reveal what I had planned for what's in Avernus? Why? 'Cause quite a bit of what I'd planned for the revised TBPoP will *be* in Death Undaunted. :)
I'm assuming that was War, which was then faced in the Martira Bay section, but I just wanted confirmation from anyone who's been on the boards through the years and would have heard it.

But the more interesting thing to me, from this post:
Not only has my old Azalin idea come home to roost, the adventures Death Undaunted and The Bitter Price of Peace share certain blatant similarities. It's not so much coincidental as unavoidable, since both projects are set in the exact same place (Western Necropolis) and focus on the aftershocks of Azalin's disappearance. While DU and TBPoP are very different adventures on many levels, on many other levels a DM reading both would get a serious sense of deja vu.
But I really didn't see too many similarities between Death Undaunted and The Bitter Price of Peace, except for the PCs breaking into Avernus in both... So I was hoping that someone might have heard Mr. Mangrum talk about the similarities between these, and that said person might be willing to enlighten me... I'm kinda bad at catching these things...

Not to mention, I'd like to have some ideas of the 5 years that Darkon experienced the Shrouded Years (Death Undaunted does well on the atmosphere of Darkon at the time, but doesn't cover anything on happenings; with Death being an absent ruler, what were the Barons doing?... etc)

And I may take some of the ideas and deal with the lack of a strong central government due to Azalin's disappearance and Death's interest in killing everyone. So, use War in the Forest of Shadows and Jagged Coast (overseeing those two semi-DarkLords) to represent Barons going to war with each other to increase their barony size or deal with Falkovnia, then have Famine overseeing the Mountains of Misery and somewhere else to represent the poor crop growth due to the Shroud, and have Pestilence oversee the Boglands and somewhere else to represent how Death is weakening everyone...

Sorry, always tempted to throw my own ideas in... But does anyone know about what kind of overlaps were supposed to be between The Bitter Price of Peace (or "The March of Doom" as a whole) and Death Undaunted?

(Editted for clarity... likely in vain)
Last edited by Lord Cyclohexane on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

And for those who never ran across "The March of Doom", here's some more links to the Ravenloft-L posts cached on Oracle.

-----------

Original "The March of Doom" proposal - Written by J.W. Mangrum, reposted by Alanik Ray. Covers only the first adventure, The Sound of Distant Thunder

Overview of entire "The March of Doom" trilogy - This one is the updated version of the first adventure, then also gives the plans for the other two parts of the trilogy. However, some secrets are kept, as they'd be used in Death Undaunted.

Q&A Part 1 - Regarding Alanik Ray's motivations in the second adventure, War Spoils.

Q&A Part 2 - Interesting idea for Galf Kloggin, along with first mention that much of the ideas of the third adventure, The Bitter Price of Peace, would be in Death Undaunted.

Q&A Part 3 - Much more indepth on motivations behind The March of Doom and similarities that'd be in Death Undaunted

Q&A Part 4 - Many general questions about points from the trilogy, which give some great information for further fleshing things out

Jacob's Background - A great NPC, meant to be used as the second-most important villain in the first adventure, The Sound of Distant Thunder, but also a great story for mixing Darkon's memory-drain (and the regaining of that memory) into character motivations.

Jacob Q&A 1 - Just covering the timing and how Darkon's memory drain would affect the character.

Jacob Q&A 2 - More on the NPC Jacob
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

I'm about to run Death Undaunted to my players and while checking the horsemen stats a question has come up. All 4 horsemen have DR 10/blessed and magic but what exactly does blessed mean? Should I treat it as holy or a weapon that had the bless weapon spell cast on it?

Thanks in advance
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

Anyone? Hello? :roll:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I would say that the Holy weapon quality works, and the bless weapon spell too.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: