Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Hearing the commotion about the vampire, George asks, "Is it true what they say, that they can't enter someone's house unless their invited? Was she invited? Are we safe here? Where's the boy?"
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Woman

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote: "Alain, can you use a Long Sword?" she asks , as she eyes the door warily , heart beating fast "Just take it from my hip , friend and let us find this devil woman and dispose of her, the young Armitage has apparently disappeared as we reached the basement, Alain...".......
Alain draws the longsword thinking to himself Lacks finnesse...but it's better than a kitchen knife...
"Merci...Now, I saw her standing outside that window."He says pointing in the direction he had seen her.
"She was there one moment, then gone the next. I say we stay inside the house rather than face her outside on her terms..."He slowly is recomposing himself, although his breathing is still heavy.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

VAmpire..........

Post by steveflam »

"I know not, George, about vampires, but I say we go and slay her as Roland mentioned something about her.The boy has mysteriously vanished, George, as we hit the bottom stairs".
Brethana opens the door, and nodding to the 2 others, exits , waits then heads in the direction Alain indicated, alert, heart beating ever so fast, eyes darting here and there at every little noise, adjusting to the dark whispering back "I need no light, Alain and George, but i gather you do, so light a torch or candle and lets proceed !"....
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Roland hears Brethana open the door from the stairwell; racing to the top, he yells in the direction of the front door, "What are you, insane? Why are you going out after her?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Aw!! What is that?? Jarryd looks down the stairs startled of what he is looking at. A paper-made human doll, still moving. He looks at the small wound in his hand, nothing serious, but fear runs thrugh his veins since some kind of poison could have been injected in his body. There isn't much time if this is the case...

Rapidly he puts the tome away in his backpack. Surely someone was not very fond of intruders when he put this trap in the door. How could I be so stupid... Then with his torch he sets the small doll on fire, still twiching on the stairs. With a small scream, as if the doll was truly alive, it turns rapidly to ashes. Jarryd's heart is beating fast now. Fear taking over his body.

Trying to get a hold of himself he closes his eyes for a minute, and utters a small prayer to Osiris. Oh Lord of life and death, give me the strength to continiue my journey, and if this is my time to leave this world, allow me to leave it in a honorable way

Opening his eyes he ventures down the stairs; his scimitar his only companion in the darkness.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Re: candles

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Don Fernando wrote: Trying to get a hold of himself he closes his eyes for a minute, and utters a small prayer to Osiris. Oh Lord of life and death, give me the strength to continiue my journey, and if this is my time to leave this world, allow me to leave it in a honorable way

Opening his eyes he ventures down the stairs; his scimitar his only companion in the darkness.
Jarryd has not even finished his prayer when a ghostly image appears before him and floats before his eyes!

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Brethana pulls out her GreatSword, and moves toward the coffin, inspecting it , then the surrounding floor for footprints, looking down the hallway ...........
It's a particularly small coffin, like for a gnome, or a halfling... Or a child...

Small, icy crystals spring from in it and on the coffin's cover...
ewancummins wrote:Jamethon sets his candle down in the corner [stone paved area, not near flammable stuff], and begins looking around the room. He'll search it as thouroughly as he can, unless interrupted by something bad happening....
As Brethana hears Alain's cry and hastes upstairs, Moorkroft perceives a symbol on the coffin, hidden under the ice crystals...

The belladonna and the sowrd, symbol of Ezra, Maiden of the Mists...
LouisVendredi wrote:Hearing the commotion about the vampire, George asks, "Is it true what they say, that they can't enter someone's house unless their invited? Was she invited? Are we safe here? Where's the boy?"
[Yes. :wink: But is that really going to save you?]
tarlyn st-denfer wrote:"I know not, George, about vampires, but I say we go and slay her as Roland mentioned something about her.The boy has mysteriously vanished, George, as we hit the bottom stairs".
Brethana exists the house, with Alain just behind her...

And the light of Alain's torch flickers and then dims... It's like if the fire was pressed back into the wood...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Searching the grounds

Post by steveflam »

Brethana's eyes adjust to the darkness, alert to any sound , ignoring Roland's comment, mumbling to herself "To kill it you arrogant bastard", she whispers back "Let's stay close " and walks as silently as she can, slowly at first, she scans the area as she walks ,GreatSword leading.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

eh? cannot hear you.

Post by ewancummins »

Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana dashes up stairs after brethana, but hesitates just inside the door way, peering out.

"Uh... excuse me... possible trap? maybe we should wait till dawn..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Vampire

Post by steveflam »

Brethana walks the perimeter of the farm, eyes darting from right to left, heart pounding in her chest loudly, Great Sword leading the way. [0oc: as long as George and Alain are following her, otherwise she stays close enuff to the Farm House, walking around it searching , listening, slowly, paying as much attention she can to the night]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Brethana Wait!" Alain shouts.
"There is no way we are going out there. To follow that beast into the dark would be to give it the element of suprise. We wait here."
Alain stands stead fast in the living room.
"The creature has had the whole day to learn the surrounding land, it could easily set a trap for us. Plus I believe we should hear what Roland has to say, after all, this is his mess to clean up."
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

[OOC: George is staying in the house, NOT following Brethana]

In response to the news of the boy's disappearance, George shakes his head and says, "Another illusion, fooled again."

He then calls out, "I, for one, plan to remain in this house, if possible, until dawn. At that point, if we need to, I will help search out this vampire's hiding place."

He then sits down near the fire and has a bit to eat before trying to get some sleep.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Outside to inside

Post by steveflam »

Seeing as everyone seems afraid of some woman vampire[Ooc: Brethana knows nothing of vampires,so doesn't understand the ado over her], returns to the farmhouse, walks by everyone and goes back downstairs to inspect the coffin further and its surroundings.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

coffin

Post by ewancummins »

Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Re: Outside to inside

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Giving up, Brethana returns to the house...

Then, chilling cold laughter lets her turn again...

Out there in the distance, she can see a naked figure crawling on one of the pillars that mark the entrance to the farm house's yard...

Next to the creature, whose white skin shines in the light of the night like a second moon, lurk to more, darker monstrosities of a kind that Brethana has never seen before...

They keep silently watching Brethana as she enters the farm's main building again...
ewancummins wrote:With that said, he goes back to the coffin room.
As Moorkroft returns into the basement, he finds everything as it was before...

Except that the coffin is closed now...
LouisVendredi wrote: He then sits down near the fire and has a bit to eat before trying to get some sleep.
As George is just sitting down, something punches against his back...

From downside, from the wooden floor!

As he turns around, he can see nothing there!

Then, again, the wooden planks vibrate from something punching against them from downside!