Miniature question: Assorted Life Energizers

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Miniature question: Assorted Life Energizers

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hey mini-fans,

I recently picked up the ral partha set 11-121 Assorted Life Energizers, as seen in the picture over in the Mausoleum:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Maus ... sList.html

But in addition to the pictured pieces, in the package were two pieces of what appear to be brass(?) wire. One is 2.5 inches, and the other is 3 inches long. They are stiff and thin, and not seen in that picture.

Are these part of the set? Does anyone else have them in their set? Does anyone know where they were supposed to be glued on? I can imagine them as a "jacob's ladder" type device on top of the little cabinet, but I don't know..
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Mine came with the same two wires; truthfully, I've never really known what they were for. I assumed as you did that they could be made into some pseudo-scientific shapes with a pair of wire cutters and attached to the 'energizers'. I've had it in my mind for some time to make a sort of diorama from the Mordenheim's Lab boxed set, the Lab Tables blister, and the Life Energizers, and the wires could connect some of the pieces, but have never actually progressed further than a primer coat on the minis... :?
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I always assumed it was to link the various towers.

Don't ask me why, however :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

I don't even remember if mine came with that anymore (at some point I opened it up to inspect it and do any clean-up and filing). But you could certainly use them for such.

Me, I'm still trying to figure out what colors they'd tend to be-- Kenneth Strickfaden's original Frankenstein equipment *has* turned up in a couple of color films... but unfortunately by all reports they're stinkers, and not even in a fun MST3K way (Al Adamson's Dracula vs Frankenstein and the extremely subpar blaxploitation film Blackenstein).