Where next?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Where next?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Esteemed brothers and sisters,

We do not know yet when there will be another FoS domain report, after Souragne and the fan-driven Zherisia report, but still I'd like to ask: where next should we put our attention to? A domain ? A Cluster ?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Please please please let us go to the wildlands. It needs our special touch sooo badly.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Darkknight
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Darkknight »

I could definately enjoy the wild lands, or I have always been a fan of the shadowborn cluster. I am sure this group could make ebonbane a worthy entity.
I remember the first war, the way the sky burned... Faces of angels destroyed.
Kessler
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Kessler »

The Frozen Reaches!
Or Rokushima.
P((hρ (A)- ρ/<έ) →n-∞1 (∑>0)
P(x=k)=(n/k)ρk(ˇ1-ρ)n-k
P(x≥1)=(10/1)•(1/6)•1(1-1/6)10-1+…1
+(10/10) : (1/6)10(1-1/6)0
=0,8385
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

My votes:

1- Shadowlands Cluster, or;
2- Rokushima, or;
3- The Verdurous Lands Cluster.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Shadowborn cluster, or the Amber Wastes cluster would be my preferences.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Moral Machivelli wrote:Shadowborn cluster, or the Amber Wastes cluster would be my preferences.
Mine too.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

Shadowborn cluster, either of the seas, Zherisia would all be great.
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'm always looking for Shadowlands cluster stuff, although the lack of response on the adventure hook thread doesn't bode well for a full Gaz.. :(
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Garudos Celestar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Garudos Celestar »

1) The Verdurous Lands/Steaming Lands/whatever-they're-currently-called

2) Nosos. Yes, Nosos. Maybe combine it with Odiare for the sake of having enough material for a book. Of course, those two probably would have gone better if incorporated into the Zherisia Cluster gazetteer to make an "island cities" gazetteer or something, so I suppose that suggestion will fall flat.

3) al-Kathos. I love al-Qadim.
[i]"I too have begun to wonder about the legendary wisdom of our guardian angel and his pet rock."
~ Evee Beiderbecke[/i]
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Shadowlands would be a definate however I personally would love a Bluetspur gaz although it would be limited.
CorvusCornix
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by CorvusCornix »

Archedius wrote:Shadowlands would be a definate however I personally would love a Bluetspur gaz although it would be limited.
I agree with Archedius: Blutspuer would be awesome - and I'm not so sure whether it would really be so limited: while there is indeed very little IN Blutspuer for us to describe without falling back on miles and miles of illithid dungeons, the repercussions Blutspuer has on other domains could in my opinion be enough to fill a whole gaz. I've always imagined Blutspuer as a source of Lovecraftian Horror: a race of half-mad humans (the Thaani) driven mad by the constant mental supervision, books turning up in the farthest corners of the Core describing bizarre rituals, strange devices a'la Hellraiser, and lastly agents of the god brain hiding in our midst hunting for fresh food supplies...
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Here are my two cents.

1- For some reason, I would really like to have more Shadowlands. And it seems to me like a place the FoS would be interested in visiting for the obvious reason...
(Hey, Gonzoron, I was going to agree with you there, but I think that might be why we need one about the SL. It will force people to put their thinking caps on and realize what the potential is for the place. Just thinking out loud… We could end up very surprised. What do you think?)

2- For a change of pace and to move from sweltering Souragne, I suggest the cold, cold Frozen Reaches. It is also a nice contrast from a storytelling POV.

3- Kind of curious about the Amber Wastes

4- Nocturnal sea (though for the life of me, I'm not sure what could be done with Vechor...) More so than the sea of Sorrows.

I think that on some unconscious level, people vote with where they want to see their campaign go, which is fine (Yay for me and Souragne and Zherisia soon!). But I suggest that the FoS maybe tell us where they want / need to end their story. That way, we could maybe make an outline of the expeditions (or the FoS could since they have the lion's share of the work). Which, again I humbly thank you for.

Patrick
Bloody Morgan
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Bloody Morgan »

I'd like to see one of the Seas done to be honest, but I'm not sure if that's a realistic goal, considering how many Domains they both contain.
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

Frozen Reaches, definitely. There's never been a Sanguinia write-up, which not only gives the Fraternity plenty of imaginative wiggle-room but also means that we need the info.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House