Looking for a female warrior

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Looking for a female warrior

Post by Ail »

Hi

this is probably not an easy request, but it's easy to get desperate. I'm beginning a new campaign with my group of friends, and I'm going to play a female warrior. She's not muscular (Str = 11, iirc) but quite agile. Anyhow, my friend the DM is willing to get portraits for every PC and so I'm looking for a decent portrair for my fighter. She is to be blonde, since she is inspired in the norse mythology. She is used to live in the icy regions of the world, and her hais is straight. While I don't have any problems with her being in military attire or not, I absolutely do not want her dressed in a chain mail bikini or anything that leaves more skin exposed than that it covers.
Also, I'd like something realistic, and not too cartoony, so something along the lines of Clyde Caldwell and Elmore, for example (though these are the worst examples I can give for Non-chain-mail art).

Have any of you seen yet a drawing that could fit these criteria? If so, please give me the link. I have a few candidates, but none of them are exactly what I want, so if you can help me, I'd be extremely grateful. I probably shouldn't ask this here, since this will be a Dragonlance campaign , but I have no better place to ask.

Also, for the above reason, I'm a bit reluctant to use the drawings for established dragonlance characters, otherwise Death of Sturm, by Larry Elmore, would probably be my choice.

Thank you again.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

can't get to a direct link here due to my work firewall, but does the picture from the Magic the Gathering card "Lovisa Coldeyes" fit? (go to www.magicthegathering.com, click on "Gatherer" and search for the name)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jester of the FoS

Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

While it may be a bit too skimp I did find this-

or this for a more down time look-

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
mistshadow2k4
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by mistshadow2k4 »

You can probably find what you're looking for here. You'll have to do some browsing to find what you're looking for, but it's there if anywhere. These are in .tga format, but you can convert them to jpeg or another common format with IrfanView.
[i]I have come to accept the surrender of Hell.[/i] —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings
mistshadow2k4
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by mistshadow2k4 »

Been looking through it myself, since I remembered a couple of portraits that sounded like what you have in mind. Maybe this or this?
[i]I have come to accept the surrender of Hell.[/i] —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mangrum »

I've always thought the cover of Dragon Magazine #126 had one of the most beautiful women in all of D&D-dom:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting
Jester of the FoS

One of my personal favorites was an old D&D ad from the early '90s that appeared on the back of comic books. It was for the D&D board game (black box, red dragon on front). Must have been about the same time I noticed the Ravenloft ads on the back of comics too.

The ad featured a group of adventurers with a fairly fully clothes female warrior/paladin in profile in addition to an archer and a halfling rogue typle and a couple others.
Always stayed with me as she seemed really badass and a warrior compared to some of the other guy who was a distance fighter/ranger.
wolfgang_fener
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by wolfgang_fener »

Mangrum wrote:I've always thought the cover of Dragon Magazine #126 had one of the most beautiful women in all of D&D-dom:

Funny, this is about how my girlfriend's rogue/scout looks in my game except she's 5'5'' and the one on the Magazine kind of look taler (but difficult to say, depends on the actual size of the monster).
Bloody Morgan
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Bloody Morgan »

gonzoron wrote:can't get to a direct link here due to my work firewall, but does the picture from the Magic the Gathering card "Lovisa Coldeyes" fit? (go to www.magicthegathering.com, click on "Gatherer" and search for the name)
Don't know if anyone is actually using this image, but there's a much bigger copy here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/1114
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

You could also try to bring your request here:

http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Mangrum wrote:I've always thought the cover of Dragon Magazine #126 had one of the most beautiful women in all of D&D-dom:

Yes that image struck me too when it came out. The look of despair and courage she has is near touching. She is in a bad situation, with only arrows against a skeleton (in 2e).

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Thank you all. There were many good suggestions here and I must say I was not hoping to find so many interestings portraits. I ended up choosing one of these above, but I thank all others that gave their suggestions.

:-D

Alex
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)