Best of Friends is out there to grab!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Best of Friends is out there to grab!

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I'd like to put your attention on the release here in the library of the "Best of friends" adventure, designed by Stephen "wannabe" Mac.

I've DMed this adventure a while back, and I think it's a good low level adventure. It's mainly based on roleplaying and investigating, and ends with the tell tale "battle with the creature". It's a lot of fun, I recommend reading it!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Just read it, and IOM it's a phenomenal adventure. It's short, detailed enough for a harried DM, yet doesn't insult the talented DM's ability to expand and modify. The villain(s) are suitably Gothic and creepy. One of the best cases of making the most of a single creature that I've ever seen.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Excellent adventure, just excellent. Nothing more can be said- download it now!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Best of Friends is out there to grab!

Post by alhoon »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote: I've DMed this adventure a while back, and I think it's a good low level adventure.
Aha! So you admit that you have seen it before us, right?

So you actually confess secret meetings in the middle of the night, backstabbing of your peers, shady handshakes with creepy guys, info trading etc?

Thanks (Stwahd)wannabe!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I also ran this quite a while ago. I remember really enjoying it, but my players never caught on to the fact that it wasn't over (RL newbies at the time).

They left the village quickly and never found out about the other deaths afterwards. (I also always wondered about my DM skills for this one...)

The good news is they will find out when they come through town again sooner or later... We'll see how that goes...

Patrick
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

I concur a very good adventure indeed! I really love the event flow and how he breaks down how each person is feeling for each day of the adventure. Well done!
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.
CorvusCornix
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by CorvusCornix »

I've just read most of it, sounds very good indeed, I'm already thinking about of how I could best integrate it into my new campaign in Mordent. Thanks a lot!
Felix
The Wannabe
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wannabe »

Aww....y'all are making me blush....

I think its worth noting that Dungeon Magazine actually turned this down way back in 2003 or 4 (when it was fresh and untarnished and all that). Alas, c'est la vie.

Thanks so much for the commentary, y'all are actually making think that I might want to get back into this Ravenloft thing permanently :D

Toodle-pip,
Authorwannabe
"C'mon guys, let's check it out.....what's the worst that could happen?"