Castle Ravenloft to be featured at 2006 D&D Game Day

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Castle Ravenloft to be featured at 2006 D&D Game Day

Post by Catman Jim »

From the August Dragon Magazine #346, RPGA Report, page 18;

"In a joint celebration of D&D and the release of the new Expedition to Castle Ravenloft adventure, join us at retail stores all over the world for this year's World Wide D&D Game Day. As with previous years, Wizards of the Coast marks this annual occasion with a specially designed kit to help both stores and individual DMs take part in this special event.
Last year saw more than 20,000 players take on the drow, one of D&D's oldest threats. This year sees would-be adventurers pitching their guile and brawn against the chilling denizens of gothic Castle Ravenloft. In true classic style, players once again plunge through the mists to face terrifying traps and horrific foes - none more so than the dreaded vampire, Count Strahd Von Zarovich.
Yet no good dungeon delver would meet a challenge without the chance for treasure. Therefore, as part of the Game Day tradition, we've prepared a number of special rewards, like a promotional miniature from our D&D Miniatures line, a unique Game Day D&D campaign card, and sample locales from the upcoming Dungeon Tiles product (premiering at Gen Con this month).
If you want your local game store to take part in this year's D&D Game Day's activities, just have them contact us at dndgameday@wizards.com with the store's name, full address, telephone number, and a contact name. Soon after, we'll list these participants on wizards.com and send out this year's adventure kits. Once you know where to play, just show up with your lucky dice and we'll supply the rest! More details are available at rpga.com and at dndgameday.com"

I've already looked, no information is up yet at these sites, other than the date. D&D Game Day is planned for Saturday, 4 November, the first weekend after Halloween. Fitting enough for a Ravenloft theme! I hope this works well for Wizards, and it encourages them to continue more offerings in the Ravenloft line!
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

dare we hope the "promotional miniature" is Strahd?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I would tend to doubt it, although it's possible. The next miniature set coming out is Blood Wars coming in November, so it's likely the promo will be from that. Most promo minis have been commons & uncommons, and I would tend to believe that Strahd would be a rare. There have been three rares as promos so far, so it just could happen. :?
jamieraleigh
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by jamieraleigh »

Though a little off the subject, has anybody seen the new cover for EtoCR? It's on the Amazon page at:

Jeff Davis
Jeffrey A. Davis
www.jeffreyadavis.tk
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

So, is anyone planning on attending? I've reserved a spot at the nearest quality gamestore to me, 90 miles away. Now if I can just convince my wife to let me take her car tomorrow!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Busy with other things but I might drop by. The Game Day is unrelated to Ravenloft and the mini is from Blood War and I've heard one is the new clear plastic Hellcat.

I'm 'eh'.
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

I always go, so I will make an appearnce. And maybe direct some n00bs this away.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'm a bit torn...It doesn't sound terribly interesting, but I don't exactly have anything else planned for tomorrow...
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
yergerjo
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by yergerjo »

NO RAVENLOFT

It was on all the advertising, but no.

Silly little adventure instead.

Promo was a Medium Copper Dragon

No Ravenloft...sad...hopes dashed...

DP's at work...
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

It was a modified Strahd on the artwork (they cut the ears) and no references to Ravenloft. As expected.
Still, it's a nice copper dragon. Better than the regular one that came with Blood War which is a much plainer brown than the shiny metalic the free one is.