Looking for amateur artists

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Looking for amateur artists

Post by Rucht Lilavivat »

Well, right now, I'm working on a little Halloween surprise for the Fraternity. My plan is to deliver yet another Halloween gift to you all this coming October.

What I need from people are zombie pictures! Anyone who can email me a zombie pic of their own creation would be of great help. Feel free to get creative, go crazy, do whatever you like. I can provide direction if you need, but right now I simply need the art.

Email the pics to deathred@gmail.com. It's a temporary email I've set up for this express purpose.

While I can personally offer no monetary compensation for any artwork submitted (this is going to be a fan-based netbook), remember that I'm still working in the industry. People who show promising work will have their artwork passed on to the powers-that-be.

Rucht Lilavivat
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

:shock:
Last edited by Van Richten on Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Wow! :) :) :)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Heya Mr. Rucht!

Count me in. :)
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Is there a deadline for this?
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

well, i'm a special effects artist working on a zombie movie near chicago. i have done many, many zombies. (also doing zombies at gencon this year!)

count me in. anything specific?
my bones among the rocks and roots
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What I would like to see is this:
1) Some pictures of your proto-typical zombie. The shuffling, moaning, menacing zombies that everyone is familiar with.
2) The more modern "fast" zombie, like in 28 Days Later or the recent Dawn of the Dead - these zombies can run. Fast.
3) A very large zombie, probably about 10 feet tall. This one would have titantic size and scale (kind of like the Hulk).
4) Fairly vascular zombies with promenent veins and arteries.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Rucht Lilavivat wrote:What I would like to see is this:
1) Some pictures of your proto-typical zombie. The shuffling, moaning, menacing zombies that everyone is familiar with.
2) The more modern "fast" zombie, like in 28 Days Later or the recent Dawn of the Dead - these zombies can run. Fast.
3) A very large zombie, probably about 10 feet tall. This one would have titantic size and scale (kind of like the Hulk).
4) Fairly vascular zombies with promenent veins and arteries.
With or without bells and or symbiotes?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Sounds like this is going to be the Year of the d20 Zombie!
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

What genre/epoch should the pics represent? Standard Ravenloft? Masque? Modern? How about demihumans?
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I would be open to symbiote zombies.

As far as genre goes, the Zompocalypse mini-campaign will be something that definately fits into Ravenloft. This is not a modern mini-source book. This is not something alternative to the Ravenloft setting. This is something that is meant for the common DM to use in their Ravenloft game.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

I have this evil, yet happy feeling in my guts now.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

As my girlfriend is also interested in this idea, she had a couple of questions she wanted me to pass across:

1) What is the deadline? Obviously it's before Halloween, but how much before Halloween?

2) Are paintings acceptable or do all pictures need to be drawn?

3) Do you want color or black-and-white pictures? Can you even use color pictures, or would everything have to be switched to greyscale anyway?

Thanks in advance for the answers, and thanks for having such a nifty idea to begin with, Mr. Lilavivat!
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Rucht Lilavivat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

After going over my material, I'll put the deadline at Oct. 1st. I didn't put down a deadline initially, because I wanted to see what kind of interest there was for this project.

Paintings are definately acceptable. Drawings are as well, of course. If you do submit drawings, try ink them if possible.

The Zompocalypse mini-campaign will be published in color, so if you submit color pictures, that would be acceptable. If you only have black and white material, we will take that as well.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Are non-humanoid (animal or monster) zombies acceptable?
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula