Van Richten's Friends Netbook

Coordinating community projects
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Van Richten's Friends Netbook

Post by Van Richten »

Why don't someone make a netbook of Van Richten's known friends with Stats, Appearance, Background, Personality and Forbidden lore. I have researched almost all Ravenloft material and very few of VR's friends have stats or anything but a name. Here is a start for anyone up for the task.

Aimon Davidovich (Male Human Wizard Scholar)
Gedlan Ironheart (Male Dwarf Fighter)
Shauten (Male human Necromancer)
Arametrius (Male Darksun warrior psynic? Carries bone ax)
Claudia DeShanes (Female Human Mystic)
Dr. Ottelie Farringer (Female Human distinguished scholar and author)
Inarin Alster (Male Human Diviner)
Arthur Sedgwick (Male Human Physician)
Bantur (Male Human Swashbuckler)
Kevlin (Male Human Cleric – Carries Silver Trident Holy Symbol)
Alannthir (Male Half-Elf – Druid)
Belinderissa (Female uses a sword)
Corwin (Male Priest)
Koal Shadowforge (Male Dwarf Mystic, Can speak with dead anytime)
Davvyd (Male Human – Priest of Tyr)
Arturi Radanavich (Male Vistani)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The general rule around here is that if you'd like someone to make something, look in the mirror first and ask the person there to start it. ;)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

Ah I see, but I have already started it. :)
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

I have desided to go forward with this project even if it takes me the next ten years to write it. Some help would be nice and greatly appreciated.

I will be updating this thread with details of the project in the next few days for anyone interested.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Don't know if I should commit to this on top of the EwtF thread, possible future surveys, and the eldritch spectre of another semester looming in the shadows, but I might be able to help a little. I own pretty much all the 2E products, so could assist with original references; if you'd like any in-character fluff text that's not from the W-F twins, for a change, my PC from EwtF could even chime in.

One possible title might be "Van Richten's Gallery", in reference to those portraits of lost friends which the twins have mentioned the good doctor kept in his parlor.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Ronia Sun
Arch-villain
Arch-villain
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, gearing up for another looong winter...

Post by Ronia Sun »

Hmm. Would this project include those still living (and statted elsewhere) in greater detail as well?

I'm willing to do portraits for the various friends, and other artwork (I hold a degree in graphic design and illustration, if you are wondering about the credentials, and I specialize in comic-book style art.) My email: frostfyre7@gmail.com

Count me in! I wouldn't mind doing some write-ups, either.

Also, it may not be a bad idea to do a "current" profile of the VR Society, and include some original NPCs?
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. --Terry Pratchett
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

The project is in the making. :)

:twisted: Team Van Richten :twisted:

Ronia Sun

Elvensaber

Highlander
Ronia Sun
Arch-villain
Arch-villain
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, gearing up for another looong winter...

Post by Ronia Sun »

Shiny.

I plan to take my share of writing up NPCs in addition to doing the artwork. Also (and I don't have everyone's email, so I'll say it here): I am a professional graphic designer. I actually *have* the tools of the trade on my computer for document and book layout, as well as everything needed for digital or print production. Except a scanner. That's the one tool I lack, but I have access to it elsewhere. :D

Anyhow, I'd appreciate the rest of the team's emails. Mine is in my previous post.

Let's get this party started! 8)
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. --Terry Pratchett
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

While I do not have time to write these days, I could review the texts if you feel it's needed.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:While I do not have time to write these days, I could review the texts if you feel it's needed.

Joël
A review would be appreciated.
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

Ronia Sun wrote:Shiny.

I plan to take my share of writing up NPCs in addition to doing the artwork. Also (and I don't have everyone's email, so I'll say it here): I am a professional graphic designer. I actually *have* the tools of the trade on my computer for document and book layout, as well as everything needed for digital or print production. Except a scanner. That's the one tool I lack, but I have access to it elsewhere. :D

Anyhow, I'd appreciate the rest of the team's emails. Mine is in my previous post.

Let's get this party started! 8)
I will get back with you in email.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I feel compelled to point out it's Gedar Ironheart. His first and last apperances refer to him as such and the typo only crops up later.
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

Jester of the FoS wrote:I feel compelled to point out it's Gedar Ironheart. His first and last apperances refer to him as such and the typo only crops up later.

Thanks for your interest, in my write up of Geddar I am going to bring the 2 names together so the typo makes since.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Perhaps Geddar/Gedlan was scorned by his own people for hanging around with a "human troublemaker" like Van Richten, and changed his name to spare his family embarassment? The good doctor's work didn't endear him to everyone, after all: dwarves tend to be Lawful sorts, who'd take offense at allegations of lichdom directed at Darkon's king, and Van Richten was known to poke around in old crypts and so forth, which might (to dwarves) look suspiciously like grave-robbing.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I hinted at the typo and possible reasons for it in my netbook of dwarves. It's short and easily missed...