Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Unexpected Meetings

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Tavian wrote: OOC: That's not the point. :( I wanted it to be comical (his pants falling down) not cruel (blasting the poor guy into a bush). Oh well...
[I am sorry. I completely misunderstood your PM. :? Well, this was a bit more effectful you might have had it planned...]
DamienJ wrote:
"We require shelter and healing. Take us to wherever we can find it."
"All you say, my lord, as long as you keep the warlock away..." The woodsman that remains on his feet bows before Erdwin.

Then he steps back and helps his companion to get out of the broken bush...

"My name is Wedge, and this is my comrade Biggs." The unharmed woodsmen present himself to you, bowing again.

"We are part of the Willisford city patrol. And you are standing on restricted territory. According to the law of my city, you are to be imprisoned and to be presented to the city court. If you let us guide you, you will end in a clean prison cell."

Thw words pass the rangers lips with a kind of routine, but you can see and hear his knees doddering of fear.

All while Wedge is speaking, Biggs looks at Tavian with a mixture of *how cool* and *I would like to kill you* in his eyes... *How cool* seems to be the predominating feeling right now...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

DamienJ wrote:Erdwin had been carefully watching the actions of those in this group. He did not feel it appropriate to speak up, as he was not yet acquainted with their leaders or who was in a position to speak for them all. Yet, when the mage cast a spell on that one fellow, Erdwin could not refrain from action. He strode towards Tavain, scowling.

"Hold! These men are no threat to us. Why should we be the ones who start violence? Keep your witchery to yourself!"

Then he turns to the foresters. His contempt for them is no less after their obvious lack of courage.

"We require shelter and healing. Take us to wherever we can find it."
Tavian looks annoyed by Erdwin's lecture. As the man turns away from him, Tavian sticks his tongue out at him, but is careful that he doesn't notice.
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Rafael wrote: "All you say, my lord, as long as you keep the warlock away..." The woodsman that remains on his feet bows before Erdwin.

Then he steps back and helps his companion to get out of the broken bush...

"My name is Wedge, and this is my comrade Biggs." The unharmed woodsmen present himself to you, bowing again.

"We are part of the Willisford city patrol. And you are standing on restricted territory. According to the law of my city, you are to be imprisoned and to be presented to the city court. If you let us guide you, you will end in a clean prison cell."

Thw words pass the rangers lips with a kind of routine, but you can see and hear his knees doddering of fear.

All while Wedge is speaking, Biggs looks at Tavian with a mixture of *how cool* and *I would like to kill you* in his eyes... *How cool* seems to be the predominating feeling right now...

"Prison?" Tavian asks with a quick laugh, "You must be joking. You really think we'll let you take us to jail?" He peers at the woodsmen in a quizical, but slightly threatening manner.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Rafael wrote:"We are part of the Willisford city patrol. And you are standing on restricted territory. According to the law of my city, you are to be imprisoned and to be presented to the city court. If you let us guide you, you will end in a clean prison cell."
Tavian wrote:"Prison?" Tavian asks with a quick laugh, "You must be joking. You really think we'll let you take us to jail?" He peers at the woodsmen in a quizical, but slightly threatening manner.
Adrian jovially claps Tavian on the shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. "Relax, friend. I'm sure that everything will work out just fine. Remember that the laws are in place to help keep everything running smoothly. We'll just spend a night in the cell, which frankly will be better than where we've spent the last few nights, and I'm sure we can work everything out tomorrow with the judge. There's nothing to worry about."
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George stares at Adrian in disbelief and shock at his words. If he truly believes nothing bad can come from submitting to being taken into custody, George knows that this is one whose judgement it would be foolish to trust.

George bristles in his hiding-place behind the crowd and resolves to himself to kill each and every person here, or die trying, before being taken to prison.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

the law

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft nods as Adrian speaks. He says to Adrian, ''Yes I agree . We ought to respect the local laws and regulations. These fellows seem to be merely doing their duty.'' Then , to the woodsmen,'' I for one am willing to come with you peacefully, provided you can prove you are who you say you are. I suggest we accompany you to Willisford, and speak with the judge sooner, rather than later. I intend on remaining armed, of course. You haven't fully convinced me you are the legitimate authorities. Perhaps you are two very clever bandits, eh?'' Then he turns to the rest of the party and says, ''Well, what do you think?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

the law

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft nods as Adrian speaks. He says to Adrian, ''Yes I agree . We ought to respect the local laws and regulations. These fellows seem to be merely doing their duty.'' Then , to the woodsmen,'' I for one am willing to come with you peacefully, provided you can prove you are who you say you are. I suggest we accompany you to Willisford, and speak with the judge sooner, rather than later. I intend on remaining armed, of course. You haven't fully convinced me you are the legitimate authorities. Perhaps you are two very clever bandits, eh?'' Then he turns to the rest of the party and says, ''Well, what do you think?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

"I guess that after what happened, we are all on the edge" Jarryd tries to explain to the Woodsmen.

"Still, I hope youndon't mean no harm to us as we do not mean no harm to you. Why don't we seat and rest for a moment and we can talk things over??" Jarryd asks with his peculiar accent hoping the Woodsmen agree to his request.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana bristles at the pair.

"Willisford city patrol? you? and what's restricted about this place? there's no sign or warning. I fled here from a ravening beast; when such things are loose in the vicinity the "City Patrol" would do well to resolve the problem they represent before imprisoning the victims of their negligence. I'm going to no prison cell for fleeing a beast!"
Le Noir Faineant

Re: the law

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:"...Perhaps you are two very clever bandits, eh?'' Then he turns to the rest of the party and says, ''Well, what do you think?''
Biggs and Wedge turn red, then green. "How dare you!? - In Staunton Bluffs, there no bandits! - Where should they rest, if not within the city's shelter!?"
Don Fernando wrote: "...Why don't we seat and rest for a moment and we can talk things over??"
Biggs fiercely shakes his head. Small perches and rest of leaves fly away.

"No. We must return before nightfall, and we're already late."

[He's right, it's evening.]
kintire wrote:Shana bristles at the pair.

"Willisford city patrol? you? and what's restricted about this place? there's no sign or warning. I fled here from a ravening beast; when such things are loose in the vicinity the "City Patrol" would do well to resolve the problem they represent before imprisoning the victims of their negligence. I'm going to no prison cell for fleeing a beast!"
"Good lady, please don't remain out here when the night comes. Only Ezra's blessing saves us from the demon's creatures. For half a year, every night, we've been under siege! Please, go on! Even if that means prison for you." - After his initial shock, it seems clear that Biggs is the more talkative of the both men.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana pauses at the mention of demon creatures.

"well, on the other hand, there's no point in being too inflexible about this. A simple misunderstanding I'm sure."

I glance at the sky, assessing the time.

"well, uh, lead on!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ezra

Post by ewancummins »

''You are followers of Ezra? '', asks Moorkroft. ''I am sworn to her service, as an anchorite. I will gladly accompany you to Willisford. I would ask that your local priest be informed of my arrival. ''With that, Moorkroft's whole demeanor seems to relax.

Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

At least they don't mean no harm, Jarryd thinks. They are just doing their Job. Still, those Demons he speaks about seem to be not too friendly.

"I guess we are going to be safer in their town that out here in the woods. It's better to follow them, but, as the fair lady just said, I am not going to enter no Jail. Please lead the way."
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

With a sigh, Tavian falls in line next to Shana.

He whispers to her, "Don't you think it's odd that these two would be patrolling alone so far from the city while the city is under seige?"

He glares in the direction of the woodsmen and continues, "I don't like this one bit, and I for one won't go into a cell without a fight. I say we follow them to the city and find out more, then figure out a plan."
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George expresses a silent sigh of relief as he hears many of his traveling companions also objecting to imprisonment and trails at the back of the group, still trying to remain unnoticed by the Woodsmen, whom he considers possible enemies.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins