Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Unexpected Meetings

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

woodsmen

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft speaks to the two woodsmen, ''Hold on, we don't mean you any harm. We are simple travellers,not brigands or the like. Still, we are well able to defend ourselves, and we outnumber you, if it comes to that. Let us parley. It would be a shame for there to be any unnecessary killing.'' As he speaks to them, he is calmly checking the priming pan of his musket, which he has unslung, and is now resting in the crook of his left arm, angled down. His face is expressionless, quite difficult to read.

[note: the ever burning torch is laying several feet away from him, where he placed it on that fallen stone-the one shown in the picture, just outside the gate]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

As Moorkroft attempts to parlay with the newly-arrived woodsy buffoons, George quietly draws his dagger and attempts to fade into the background.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian looks amused by the two men. A crooked grin shows on his face and there is something sinister in his eyes. He raises his hands in the air at their request to show the woodsmen he is unarmed, but you know that his power lies not with weapons.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I move up just behind Moorcroft and a little to one side, so that should some sort of cone be drawn in front of me, the space between the woodsmen and him would be in it and he would not...

I then smile reassuringly.

"yes indeed good woodsmen we mean no harm"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

The woodsmen look at you for a moment, their mouths open in an astonishment you cannot really comprehend.

"S-stop m-moving and lay down your weapons, graverobbers!" stutters the woodsman called Wedge .

"Y-yes! Lie still! We will make you our custody! ... I mean, we will take you into custody!" shouts his companion, swinging his dowdy crossbow like a club from one shoulder to the other.

Although those two fellows bravely try to hide their anxiety, they're obviously very afraid of you...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George watches the exchange veryh closely. He looks for a chance to flank one of these men, should combat ensue.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

graverobbers?

Post by ewancummins »

''Ha! Grave robbers?No, we were mist-led to this place. Are you fellows some sort of guards or caretakers of this cemetary? Could you tell us where exactly we are?''-Moorkroft says to the woodsmen.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian merely looks down his nose at the woodsmen. After facing aquatic fiends and walking dead, after waking from nightmare into nightmare, after seeing death in numerous horrid ways, Adrian finds it quite difficult to take these woodsmen seriously.

"My friend speaks truly, we are no grave robbers. But if you could direct us to a nearby inn wherefrom we could obtain a soft bed and warm meal, I'd be willing to follow you most anywhere."
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Really good sirs! do we..." *my eyes slip from side to side* "...I look like a grave robber? we are simple travellers, lost in the mists.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd is still gathering his thoughts when the odd pair of woodsmen appear from nowhere.

Well at least they are humans, he thinks.

He waits untils his companions present themselves, and then he plans to speaik with the two strangers that, to Jarryd`s point of view, do not look like hostile persons.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

While you others arestill talking to the crazy woodsmen, Tavian acts.

All of a sudden, he channels his power into a ball of energy and launches it against the belt of the woodsman called Wedge.

The ranger is hit with full force and - to the astonishment of his shrieking companion - sent flying through the air, until his unvoluntary journey halts in a nearby bush.

One moment of silence, then you hear his voice, unusually soft and calm, out of the green:

"P-Parley?"
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Rafael wrote:While you others arestill talking to the crazy woodsmen, Tavian acts.

All of a sudden, he channels his power into a ball of energy and launches it against the belt of the woodsman called Wedge.

The ranger is hit with full force and - to the astonishment of his shrieking companion - sent flying through the air, until his unvoluntary journey halts in a nearby bush.

One moment of silence, then you hear his voice, unusually soft and calm, out of the green:

"P-Parley?"
OOC: umm...I said I wanted to use Baleful Utterance (Shatter) on his belt buckle, not kill him...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

OOC: umm...I said I wanted to use Baleful Utterance (Shatter) on his belt buckle, not kill him.
OOC: He's still talking... and that looked pretty baleful to me! :D

Shana jumps in surprise.

"Yes! a parlay. There is no need for ANY more violence"

I glance meaningfully at my companions
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

kintire wrote:
OOC: umm...I said I wanted to use Baleful Utterance (Shatter) on his belt buckle, not kill him.
OOC: He's still talking... and that looked pretty baleful to me! :D
OOC: That's not the point. :( I wanted it to be comical (his pants falling down) not cruel (blasting the poor guy into a bush). Oh well...
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Erdwin had been carefully watching the actions of those in this group. He did not feel it appropriate to speak up, as he was not yet acquainted with their leaders or who was in a position to speak for them all. Yet, when the mage cast a spell on that one fellow, Erdwin could not refrain from action. He strode towards Tavain, scowling.

"Hold! These men are no threat to us. Why should we be the ones who start violence? Keep your witchery to yourself!"

Then he turns to the foresters. His contempt for them is no less after their obvious lack of courage.

"We require shelter and healing. Take us to wherever we can find it."
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]