Zherisia report - deadline!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Zherisia report - deadline!

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ladies and gent,

I would like to remind you on the deadline for submissions to the Zherisia report: the final date is July 13th.

The Zherisia report is a collectively made report, as it was the case for Souragne. There is still time to send in your ideas, whether a long text or a short idea for an adventure hook or a dread possibility – you can see the Souragne report for ideas.

But make sure you send it before July 13th!

Please sent your stuff at Nicholas Burke (Undead Cabbage) at ndburke@gmail.com

Joël
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

As a token of what we have accomplished so far (the sizing will be better in the actual Gaz):

Looking forward to your submissions. Remember, we'll accept everything and anything. Yes, even the ideas you just randomly wrote on the back of a pizza box after a long party!

Sincerely

The Undead Cabbage
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Nearly three weeks to deadline:

The majority of the articles for the Paridon section of the survey are completed or nearly so. We do however require ideas for-

- New feats, spells, and prestige classes
- items magical and technological
- Daily sights and sounds in Paridon. Imagine Victorian London minus the trains and more advanced technology, and send us what comes to your mind
- Diseases- physical, psychological, and magical
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Hell_Born
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hell_Born »

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but if the deadline's in nearly three weeks, how long after the deadline will the Gazetteer be released? I really enjoyed the Souragne one and I'm looking forward to this one.

Personally, I'd gladly try and submit something for this project, but I have little creative talent and even less skill. I had an idea for a spell that basically damage the opponents by turning the very city against them (tiles fall from the nearby roof onto their head, someone in the crowd punches or stabs them, next bite of food has glass or poison in it, feral animals savage them etc), but I have no idea how to create rules for that. Not to mention that it's a stupid idea anyway.
"Is there any word more meaningless than 'hope'? Besides 'blarfurgsnarg,' of course."

"Seek and Locate! Locate and Destroy! Destroy and Rejoice!"
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Hell_Born wrote:I feel like an idiot for asking this, but if the deadline's in nearly three weeks, how long after the deadline will the Gazetteer be released? I really enjoyed the Souragne one and I'm looking forward to this one.
It's not a stupid question at all; we just don't know the answer. Summer vacation tends to slow everything down for everyone. We aren't setting any official dates, but I'm personally hoping the latest is the the end of September.

And thank you- we'll do our best to arrange that you do enjoy this one as much as the Souragne Gazetteer. :D
Hell_Born wrote:Personally, I'd gladly try and submit something for this project, but I have little creative talent and even less skill. I had an idea for a spell that basically damage the opponents by turning the very city against them (tiles fall from the nearby roof onto their head, someone in the crowd punches or stabs them, next bite of food has glass or poison in it, feral animals savage them etc), but I have no idea how to create rules for that. Not to mention that it's a stupid idea anyway.
Why not focus on one effect that none of the other spells duplicate, that could only work in an urban setting? And please don't belittle your ideas; sometimes, it's only by bouncing ideas off each other that we're able to figure things out. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Another question- Do we have someone to clean up everything and make a polished PDF like the other Gaz. I loved the way the layout of that one turned out .
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The Frat are going to be the final editors of this work, as well as arranging the layout. :)
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Sorry, but where is the thread dealing with Paridon Gazetteer ideas? I'm curious as to whether someone is doing a writeup for the Divinity of Mankind along the lines of the Church of Ezra writeup in Gaz IV and the Church of the Lawgiver writeup in Gaz V. If there isn't currently one planned, I'll step up and give it a go, but if someone else is already doing so, I'd like to not step on their toes.

--------

EDIT: Sorry, Llana, I guess I should have been paying attention. Forgive me for potentially stepping on your toes there.

As a request when you do the "Divinity of Mankind" section, though: if you have the space, could you write about the spread of that philosophy? It seems like DoM could easily spread like wildfire in a place like Richemulot, since Richemuloise culture focuses on people improving their mind and abilities already. Other places would also accept DoM, so I'd like to hear your take on the spread of this philosophy.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Love the map.

I'll use it to start working on page designs.

PS: The original map from the other forum had a very interesting shape; it was, dare I say, quite cerebral. Was this an intentional metaphore?
Evil Reigns!!!!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Just over a week to go!

We are still seeking submissions relating to Timor and Paridon. Please do not be shy- we'd love to hear from you. :D

We welcome

* Art work
* Adventure hooks and dread possibilities
* Feats
* Spells
* Prestige classes
* Items, magical and technological
* Diseases- physical, psychological, and magical
* Brief descriptions of mundane sights and sounds in the streets of Paridon and the tunnels of Timor

Thank you. :)

EDIT: Forgot to include the address for submissions:
ndburke@gmail.com
Last edited by Pamela on Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Lord Cyclohexane wrote:EDIT: Sorry, Llana, I guess I should have been paying attention. Forgive me for potentially stepping on your toes there.

As a request when you do the "Divinity of Mankind" section, though: if you have the space, could you write about the spread of that philosophy? It seems like DoM could easily spread like wildfire in a place like Richemulot, since Richemuloise culture focuses on people improving their mind and abilities already. Other places would also accept DoM, so I'd like to hear your take on the spread of this philosophy.
No apologies required- though I owe you one, Lord Cyclohexane for only noticing this post now. The Divinity of Mankind was the first item I tackled eons ago. :P

I'm willing to give it a try, but would you perhaps like to write about it yourself? Why not PM me, and we can discuss it?
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

From the Community Projects forum, posted here also for accessibility.
Undead Cabbage wrote:Status Update:

We currently have nearly 100 pages of material, with about 10 illustrations. Other than a few minor things, some editing, and some more pictures to scan, the Paridon Gaz is in the bag.

Where people can really make their mark is the Timor Gaz. There are still some fairly large gaps available for people who wish to join in. At some point, the ship will have left, and Llana and I will fill in the blanks.

Now is your chance to make Timor as you saw it. Many regard Timor as a realm with not enough material for all the potential it has behind it. There is no need to be shy or modest: we've accepted material from writers both new and old.

Come on, you know you waaaaaaaaaaaana!
I’ve just received the big works so far from Llana and will give it all a once-over ASAP. I’ll avoid correcting any mistakes or adding anything to the Paridon gaz -leaving that for the actually editing- but I’ll try to post comments or draw attention to rough spots.

There’s not a lot of time before the deadline though…

Hopefully Tobias can finish up what he’s had planned and send it in, he’s pretty much the sole person doing Timor at this point. But I’ll do some thinking and if he doesn’t make the deadline, or hasn’t finished everything by then, I’ll do as much as I can over the weekend and next week.
Like everyone else I’m hesitant to write anything for Timor since we don’t know what’s already been covered or said…
Jester of the FoS

Okay, if I don't hear anything on the Timor gaz by tonight or tomorrow morning I'll have a convenient 'migrane', call in sick, and spend the day pumping out pages.
I hope Tobias comes back from whatever hole sucked him in, he had some good ideas and spent alot more time thinking about this than I did.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

David, please don't take it all on by yourself! I'm willing to help out, and so is Nicholas; just let us know what you'd like us to do. I'm about to send you a set of Tobias' notes based on his emails by the way.
Jester of the FoS

Well, I'd like to see Paridon reduced to 70 pages and Timor a slender 30. I can do 30 in 3-4 days easy. That's less than 10 a day. So really the only thing I'm worried about is the size of Paridon.

I've been brainstorming away and already have a tonn of ideas on mapping and small details. Communities and other critters inside. A few dread possibilities and the like.

But help is always good. Nicholas, you want to do geography? Send me a quick bullet list of what ya got and I'll send what I've been kicking around.