Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Tavian wrote:Are there any windows on the house?
Yes, they're of stained glass and maybe could be broken easily, but they're so dirty that you cannot look what is happening inside...
Don Fernando wrote: OCC: Does Jarryd see anything in particular that leads him to believe this guy is not the real thing??
[No...]
StuckInOrbit wrote:OOC: I have absolutely no idea where I am!
[I'll put up a more clear map within the next few days. For now, just assume that you're standing next to the door...]

Moorkroft, in the meantime, hastes into the fog...

And within seconds, the undead are over him, grabbing his arms and legs from all sides, pulling him down on the ground...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Here's a map of the scene... The grey paste, of course, is the fog that has risen around the house... Your characters cannot see through it...

Those might not be all the Undead, but only those you can see right now...

LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

OOC: If the clone beat me to the house, I would not have been holding the door, or spoken to him. So, he wouldn't have hit George, he would have simply run past. I will rewrite George's actions since they were written from the assumption that he made it into the house.

Hearing the call to make for the house just as he emerged from the Mists and spotted the undead creatures, George rushes towards the house, only to see the front door slammed shut in his face.

Wasting no time pounding on the door, George draws his dagger from its sheath and whirls around (standing with his back to the door now) and prepares to defend himself from the carnivorous creatures that will surely be coming for him once they've finished their grisly feast.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela sets down her lighted lantern and draws a small dagger and grips it firmly. She trips on her own feet as she nervously backs up towards the door.

Then, in a moment of panic, Izabela runs back to the lantern and tosses it head on towards the closest creature approaching her.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

[OOC: Go figure, when things are slow for a few days and I decide to step away, *that's* when everything speeds up... :) Rafael, I'm going to ignore the map and have Adrian be in the fog itself, where I'd last left him]

The others hear Adrian loudly swear from within the fog. "Every time I think I find the girl..." he growls, "it's just another of these rotten zombies!" A meaty thwack comes from the mists as Adrian smacks one of the zombies with a makeshift hoe, purely to move the thing and continue searching for the child. He has no hope of defeating the undead, but hopes to keep them from surrounding him and from finding the girl first.
Le Noir Faineant

ewancummins wrote:[ Moorkroft will attempt to turn undead. ]
Borne to the earth by the walking corpses,Moorkroft shouts out in alarm.
He clutches a small silver medallion and cries out'' Holy Lady , turn them aside!'' His eyes burn with the zeal of a madman. Bare seconds later, he is blocked from view by the gathering dead men.
For a moment, the people standing near the door see a misty image of Moorkroft shining through the fog, and then disappear again...

Moorkroft finds the hands gone, and himself lying on the ground, breathing heavily and blood between his teeth...
Lord Cyclohexane wrote: [OOC: Go figure, when things are slow for a few days and I decide to step away, *that's* when everything speeds up... :) Rafael, I'm going to ignore the map and have Adrian be in the fog itself, where I'd last left him]
[Okay. :) Seems indeed that I should have posted the map some time earlier.]
Lord Cyclohexane wrote: The others hear Adrian loudly swear from within the fog. "Every time I think I find the girl..." he growls, "it's just another of these rotten zombies!" A meaty thwack comes from the mists as Adrian smacks one of the zombies with a makeshift hoe, purely to move the thing and continue searching for the child. He has no hope of defeating the undead, but hopes to keep them from surrounding him and from finding the girl first.
Adrian staggers through the mists and stumbles into Jarryd. - Near them, they see dark shadows slowly walk into the direction they believe the house is... Neither Jarryd nor Adrian can tell if those shades are friends or foes...
StuckInOrbit wrote:Izabela sets down her lighted lantern and draws a small dagger and grips it firmly. She trips on her own feet as she nervously backs up towards the door.

Then, in a moment of panic, Izabela runs back to the lantern and tosses it head on towards the closest creature approaching her.
The lantern misses the creature and gets lost somewhere in the mist... Izabela can hear the sound of breaking glass...
LouisVendredi wrote: OOC: If the clone beat me to the house, I would not have been holding the door, or spoken to him. So, he wouldn't have hit George, he would have simply run past. I will rewrite George's actions since they were written from the assumption that he made it into the house.
[Okay, I'm fine with that. :)]

Hearing the call to make for the house just as he emerged from the Mists and spotted the undead creatures, George rushes towards the house, only to see the front door slammed shut in his face.
LouisVendredi wrote: Wasting no time pounding on the door, George draws his dagger from its sheath and whirls around (standing with his back to the door now) and prepares to defend himself from the carnivorous creatures that will surely be coming for him once they've finished their grisly feast.
There might still be time to retreat - the zombies are approaching very slowly... Very slowly, but you can hear their sighs from beyond the mist...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

There might still be time to retreat - the zombies are approaching very slowly... Very slowly, but you can hear their sighs from beyond the mist...
OOC: From George's perspective, the only place to retreat to would be the house. He'd probably wait for help in battering his way in since he assumes anyone who would slam the door shut on him would take further steps to keep him out and he wouldn't want to turn his back on the enemies (which have spooked him) while he tries to force his way in.
-- Anya Jenkins
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain, seeing no other option, Runs for the door. It is barred shut!

"By the Gods! if Someone does not open this door Right Now, I swear it will be broken down and the rest of you will suffer the horror of these abominations as well!!!"

If no one opens the door in about oh...five seconds he will begin attacking it with his sword. If it comes to that he will yell to the rest of the others outside.

"Come, help me bring this door down!"
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

To Alain, George says:

Sir, I will help you batter down this door if the lady here (the one who just threw her lantern) will keep watch behind us to let us know if those creatures approach close enough to be a danger.
-- Anya Jenkins
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

I'll try to knock the door down.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd runs towards the door, trying to avoid the undead that surround him.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela grasps her dagger and proceeds back to the main door, where others are attempting to batter it down.

"I shall watch into the mists while you work on the door. However, may I try my luck on the lock?"

OOC: If everyone agrees on me trying to pick the lock then I try to do that. Otherwise, I stand guard for the others.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

To Isabella: "Ma'am. Go ahead and try. I will watch our backs as you do. If you have no luck with the lock, we can switch positions and I will try. But I suspect the door is likely barred or held closed rather than locked."
-- Anya Jenkins