Staunton Bluffs, Episode II: Afterschock

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

StuckInOrbit wrote:"Yes, boards... perhaps i'll wander back inside and look for your boards. Alain, shall you join me?"
Alain looks to Izabella with somewhat dead eyes.
"Oui Madame, I'll will give you assistance."
With that he heads back into the house to guide Izabella through the house in search of loose boards.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian helps carry the bodies to the door and, seeing the thick fog, helps with the burial as well, thinking he can avoid seeing the original pile of bodies by the door. [These were described when people first came up to the house].

Adrian helps with whatever makeshift tools he can create, likely creating a bad hoe from a disassembled chair's legs and back.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

So, you bury your friends with the help of boards and planks, hastily and mourning.

You cannot tell what time it is or how much time you spend with the burial.
The sky is hidden behind the fog, and the air stands still. There goes no wind...

The fog surrounds you like a blank white wall, and you cannot see more than two feet far...

And still, all the while you are working, you can hear those strange sounds, sometime more near, sometimes more far away...

The sounds of wet clothes against stone...

The disturbed girl - you almost had forgot about her - dodders out the open door of the ruined house. With sightless eyes, she enters the fog...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian stares off into the fog. Suddenly a figure even smaller than himself brushes by him through the doorway.

"The girl!" he thinks to himself.

His first reaction is to reach out and grab her, but his hands grasp only air. Instinctively he chases after her, disappearing into the fog.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon steps out, torch raised, and calls out to the missing girl.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Tavian's steps are lost in the fog...

When Moorkroft enters the mist, and has just gone so far that he cannot see the house any more, the light of his torch flickers and ceases...

Tavian, in the meantime can see a dim shadow some three or four meters before him... It could be the girl... Does he try to reach the shade?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft stops walking.
He prayers for light, and it appears about his snuffed out torch.
He continues the search.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Running through the fog, Tavian can barely see his feet in front of him. He spots a dim shadow ahead, and reaches out to grasp it.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Saying a little prayer for those burried in this forsaken ground, Jarryd lowers his head. I hope I can see the sun now, I don't know if it's dusk or dawn...or what...I need to pray..

His friend Tavian, moves slowly towards the fog, and the newcomer does so too; Jarryd hesitates a little. The fog, that treacherous fog again...where will it takes us now?

But Jarryd knows that his path is the path of his companions, so taking a deep breath he turns around to step into the fog besides Tavian...but he's already gone... The fog, as if alive, engulfs Jarryd, the sound of dripping water sounds as if he's inside a great cavern, everything is blurry.... Where is everybody??
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela removes her lantern from her knapsack and lights it. Slowly, she walks into the fog after the others.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

"Argh, it's better to be lost in this fog than to be left in this house alone," Adrian says to himself as he hurriedly picks up his napsack, lights a torch, and rushes after the others, hoping to keep at least one person in sight.

But as he goes, he looks back at the building one last time, morbid curiousity overwhelming the previous fear. He looks back to see if his corpse really did lay next to the door, but it's too late now, he's progressed too far into the fog. Perhaps he'll never truly know the answer. Looking ahead again, he tries to keep up with the others.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Le Noir Faineant

ewancummins wrote:Moorkroft stops walking . He utters a short prayer[casts LIGHT on his torch] , then resumes walking forward.
For a moment, all that stand near the ruined house see the dim fog enlighted by a yellow flash of energy...

For a moment, all can see their companions out there is the grey streams, just a few steps away from the cliffs...

And for a moment, you all can see the forbidding grimaces of about twenty hulking figures climbing over the stones and out of the silent sea...

Some of them already knee over the corpses of the catmen, and you can see them chew and gnarl on their dead flesh...

------------------------------------------------------------

Then... The lights go out....

And one moment later, Izabela stumbles into Morrkroft, who pale and with terrible fear in his eyes, grabs her arms and yells at her:

"Retreat! Oh for the grace of the gods! Retreat! Into the house!"
Le Noir Faineant

Moorkroft's cry can be heard by everyone...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian's hand again grasps nothing but air. He stops, gasping for air in the thick fog. He notices his companions standing around him, and feels comforted.

"They followed me knowing the dangers of the fog," he thinks to himself.

Just then his comfort falls away, as he looks up and sees two score living dead walking towards him. The cry for retreat pierces his ears, and he doesn't need to hear it twice.

Tavian doubles back in a full sprint, heading towards the inn.