Zherisia gazetteer: Fraternity notes.

Coordinating community projects
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

I'll take on Indigenous People, and even Indigenous Plants & Animals for the Timor section.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Mortavius wrote:I'll take on Indigenous People, and even Indigenous Plants & Animals for the Timor section.
Damn. I knew I should have put down that I was working on the indigenous people. I just took it for granted that most of the group new I was almost done writing the article itself (Just had to finish up turning my notes into the rough draft of the Timorian Hero section and I would have done the entire Populace section).

In that case, I call dibs on: Sodo, the Hive Queen, The History of Timor.

You called dibs here before I did, Mortavius, though I will admit that I've been working on the same thing for the past three weeks. If you really want to do the people, I'll back off. Just tell me what you intend to do with them so that I can re-adjust the history to reflect whatever you plan.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Well, who says you have to scrap your ideas Tobias.

Mortavius, exactly what were you thinking with the indigionous people for Timor? Tobias has been doing a lot of great work on this, and so far it's all fairly tailored to work with the realm.

This is what worried me about a 'dibbs' system, it can easily leave people out in the cold on material they've already put a lot of work into. Mortavius, I must request that maybe the Indigeonus peoples of Timor be somewhat of a joint project between you and Tobby. Everyone's on board here. It would be sad to see a lot of the stuff that Tobby has been working on for a while to be just rejected. It works really well. Just as I wouldn't want to just discard any of your stuff, Mortavius, I think Tobias should be given the opportunity to add what he's put countless hours into.

I'm sure Tobias would be willing to email you the stuff so far on the Remnants. Once you see it, I'm sure you'll see why I'm defending it.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The primary reason for the "dibs" system was so that:
a) everyone wasn't focusing on a single topic excluding all others
b) everyone wasn't ignoring one topic

I expect people to communicate, exchange info and work together.
Mortavius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mortavius »

I think there's a misunderstanding. I was asked to do the section (in the Timor thread) on the Marikith, so that's why I chose that section. I have no problem if Tobias wants to do all the other indigenous people in Timor. Or even, if Tobias and I want to work together, that's fine. Where you working on everything but the Marikith, Tobias?
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Right. Sorry everyone. I've been having fun with a nasty lung infection and it's made me somewhat muddled. Sorry.

Mortavius, I've bene working on a group of calibans which would be the majority of none marikith life in Timor. This is where most Timorian player characters would come from. I haven't touched the Marikith (except for some ideas about where the queen now lairs), so they are still wide open. I also haven't discussed much about non-marikith/caliban settlements because of the difficulties they present.

-There is little to burn in Timor and they won't last long without light. Also, fire can be a bad thing in enclosed, dark tunnels.
-There is little to eat and drink unless you know a lot about survival.
-Most (if not all) humans who enter Timor to get away from the law/society/cheeseheads are from Paridon, and I have difficulty seeing a criminal knowing enough about spelunking and edible vs poisonous fungus to survive.
-Timor has a steep learning curve so you learn fast or die (or worse).
-Settlements are difficult to put together unless you all came down at once or actively look for others. I don't see 10 to 20 citizens of Paridon all rushing into the sewers at once, deciding to start a new life, especially when they can literally walk down the streets into the Mists and come out where they know there is a civilization they can deal with.

If you can solve those problems, you could also add something on non-caliban settlements.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Ok, I know I shouldn't be asking this, but here we go any way.

Now that the 13th Quoth of the Raven has been anounced, is this to assume that the Souragne Gaz will be out really soon?

I know that I'm really eager to see the format so I can start writing.
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Now that the Souragne Gaz is out, you can finish the Zherisia gaz! :twisted:

Well, after you're done reading the beautiful Souragne Gaz, anyway.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

We definitely need time to finish reading and appreciating that. :D

That doesn't have to stop you from making a submission to the Zherisian survey, either. :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Awwwww... but I'm still contemplating a Rokushima Taiyoo gaz. :lucas:

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=3075
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

The hardest thing is going to be living up to the Souragne Gaz.

As this is a community project, people are bound to search for holes in it. Not to mention, as David said, if this project is a bust the Frat Mods will be given a predisposition against community projects like this in the future.

Although on the other hand, we do have the advantage of a baseline. Now that the Gaz is out, we have something to work with for formating and flow. The format for the Souragne Gaz is going to be much more flexible than the 'S' gazetteers, if only because it allows more room to breathe.

We also have 11+ pages of discussion to back us up.

Please, if you have something for the gaz, even if it's just an idea you scribbled down on paper, submit it! Don't be shy! If you have a dread possibility involving a secret love affair between Sodo and Ivana Boritsi, sumbit it! The Frat Mods did a great job to try an include as much fan input as possible; it's almost our obligation to follow suit.

So please, SSSSSSSUUUUUUBBBBBMMMMMIIIIITTTTT
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Like he said. :wink:
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

So... Sodo builds an epic level uber-hat of diguise, in order to transform into a Dukkar, and then uses his mad dukkar skillz to pierce the borders of Paridon and go to Borca, where he transforms into a dashing incubus and whispers sweet words of love into Ivana's ear. :D
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Undead Cabbage wrote:
So please, SSSSSSSUUUUUUBBBBBMMMMMIIIIITTTTT
I have three dread posabilities and a new monster ready. Who do I send it to, You Cabby or the Frat?
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Send 'em here!

NDBurke@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing them!

Essentially, we'd like to make this process as Frat Mod friendly as possible. We're aiming for the mods just having to put it into Gaz format. I'm sure they'd appreciate not having to think about this Gaz, at least not for now.