A light in the belfry - Audio CD

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dukkar Scaliba
Conspirator
Conspirator

A light in the belfry - Audio CD

Post by Dukkar Scaliba »

Hi there,

now im registred in forum after reading months of Ravenloft stuff ;) Know, for my first post, I've request about the Ravenloft Audio CD "A light in the belfry". Does anyone know it? After months I didn't have use it, I put it out again and assert that my track number #5 (Morgoroth's Bane) don't work! :(

So does anybody have these track in MP3 Format and can upload it in some way? Please PM!

Thank for help

(P.S. Thanks for my bad english, I'm from Germany ;))
Gorthaur
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gorthaur »

Look in your PM inbox!
The Abhorred
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Gorthaur, do you have the files that omitted the annoying "beep" between the tracks? If yes, could you please PM it to me as well?

Thanks in advance!
-- TwiceBorn
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I believe the Kargatane used to have edited versions of the tracks on their website with the beep removed. You just have to find someone who downloaded them before the K closed up shop.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Not to be a party-pooper, but that's file-sharing and a no-no copywrite wise. You get caught and you could get in trouble.

It's one of the reasons MSN took the file sharing option out, though, for some reason, you can still send files. Go figure.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

David of the FoS wrote:I believe the Kargatane used to have edited versions of the tracks on their website with the beep removed. You just have to find someone who downloaded them before the K closed up shop.
I downloaded the files (among other things) back on the Kargatane-website and yes the two tracks I just checked were without the beep.

One question remains then: are the tracks the Kargatane hosted still /again copyright protected?
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Not to be a party-pooper, but that's file-sharing and a no-no copywrite wise. You get caught and you could get in trouble.
The fact the Kargatane hosted them on their site for a while would suggest to me that even if the copyright is still applicable, the holder doesn't care that much.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I don't remember the K hosting them. I remember the transcript, but not the tracks.
Jester of the FoS

They hosted the tracks. I downloaded them myself but damned if I can find them now.

If they were not available for download from the K site I would have cracked down on this thread for file sharing.
It's a similar situation to the Web Enhancements only less useful as the tracks themselves require the adventure to serve any purpose. Plus Dukkar Scaliba claims to have purchased the product and is only asking for a specific track.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

David of the FoS wrote:They hosted the tracks. I downloaded them myself but damned if I can find them now.

If they were not available for download from the K site I would have cracked down on this thread for file sharing.
It's a similar situation to the Web Enhancements only less useful as the tracks themselves require the adventure to serve any purpose. Plus Dukkar Scaliba claims to have purchased the product and is only asking for a specific track.
Fair enough.

I just didn't want anyone to get into trouble.

Except Trebor. Lousy schmuck.
Algaris
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Algaris »

The K only had the sound effects in MP3 format from what I remember and not the recorded transcript tracks.

I’m guessing that the reason the K had them hosted there was because they were the Official Ravenloft site and had permission from TSR/Wizards, which makes me wonder about the legality of people sharing them without permission.

Just my two pence work. :-)
Faust
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Faust »

Come on its not like the police will arrest Dukkar Scaliba for one mp3 track of a (discontinued) rpg product.
Jester of the FoS

They're not going to arrest anyone for copying the entire D&D catalogue of 2ndE-3.5 either, but that doesn't mean we want people posting links to their favourite torrent sites. WotC isn't pursuing pirates as yet, but we still want to support the game and its sellers.

I'm not sure about German copyright laws in regards to filesharing so I'm not going to discuss that. But we at the Fraternity are against it in an official sense.
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

David of the FoS wrote:They're not going to arrest anyone for copying the entire D&D catalogue of 2ndE-3.5 either, but that doesn't mean we want people posting links to their favourite torrent sites. WotC isn't pursuing pirates as yet, but we still want to support the game and its sellers.

I'm not sure about German copyright laws in regards to filesharing so I'm not going to discuss that. But we at the Fraternity are against it in an official sense.
I can fully understand and respect the Fraternity's position on this. For the record, I would like to point out that I do own the Light in the Belfry boxed set, purchased it brand new from my local hobby shop many years ago, and simply would have appreciated having the audio tracks without the annoying 'beeps." I don't think it unfair or dishonest of me to ask for the once publicly available "upgraded" audio CD of a (substandard) product that I payed for. I do, however, understand that the Fraternity would not want this kind of file sharing to go on openly via its website and apologize if I have offended the administrators of this website by making an open request on these boards.
-- TwiceBorn
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

If you have the box CD, it's fairly easy to convert them to mp3 and edit the beeps at the end of the tracks. There are many freewares or trialwares you can use for that simple use.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)