Maryland just became a domain

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Maryland just became a domain

Post by Dominique »

So I was taking an alternate route home from work today in order to run some errands, and I passed by a restaurant called "Giorgio's Carry-Out." I snickered a little but didn't think much else of it, until I saw the name of the street it was on:

Soth Avenue.

If I ever mysteriously stop posting, it's because I'm fleeing in terror from vampire kender stalking the streets of Baltimore. :soth:
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Good thing for me I live in Silver Spring. So if the domain borders start to close, I can hop across to the next domain over! ;)

That is, assuming Darklord Ehrlich doesn't catch wind of this first and enclose the entire domain in a 6-lane-wide Inter-County Connector replete with impassable traffic...
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Update: I have now moved to Baltimore and the borders have closed.

The darklord appears to be able to shut the borders with hordes of mindless derelicts wandering up and down and accosting trespassers with their battle cry of "Hey, you got fifty cents?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

HuManBing wrote:Update: I have now moved to Baltimore and the borders have closed.

The darklord appears to be able to shut the borders with hordes of mindless derelicts wandering up and down and accosting trespassers with their battle cry of "Hey, you got fifty cents?"
What about the guys who try to wash your windshield for money? We have lots of those here.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Welcome to the Mists, HuManBing. As a denizen of San Francisco, I've got some experience with Mists.

As near as I can tell, the border closure here is "Bridge closed for repairs". :P
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Out here in Illinois, the border closing is when you try to leave the city and no matter how far you go, you can never escape the cornfields.

Oh, wait. That's how it is all the time. :P
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Here, it's more or less like Vorostokov :)

Depending where you are, we got 3"-9" of snow two days ago.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
elliott20
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by elliott20 »

Haha! take it, HMB! Take it like the Barbaric, Violent soldier you are!!

Soon you shall know the might that is the street hobo asking you for change to get on some bus that doesn't exist.
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

In Oklahoma the border closing is insidious. basically when the borders are closed you just lose all will to leave in the first place. You still talk about going to another domain, but just never quite get up the oomph you need to actually make the move.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Then there's the Pennsylvania/New Jersey domain border, not too far east of where I am. Try to cross the border of New Jersey, IME, and you soon realize you can't find your way in or out of it... :roll:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow