OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Don't worry; I was expecting synopses or summaries like: "The talk lasted two hours and afterwards..." This is supposed to be role-playing after all. :P

As for how I see the Frat- good question...A lot of talk about the great brotherhood, but everyone's aware of circles within circles. It also reminds me of the Victorian eugenics movement, especially with their attitude against common humanity, and their lofty goals to better mankind- well at least, their own mankind.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Urk! :shock: :oops: :shock: I just accidentally deleted all the messages in my Inbox! Boy, that was stupid of me.... :x :( :roll:

If anybody out there has sent me a message about the game recently, and hasn't yet received a reply they were waiting for, please let me know, OK? Thanks!
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The "Maison Soulombre Entrances" thread seems to be nearing a natural conclusion, so I've put up the next bit chronologically. The "Afternoon of April 9th" thread may be low-density--it's just to set the scene for what's going on, and has no planned Dramatic Events. Feel free to put your character anywhere; if you just want to describe how he/she spends the afternoon, that's fine.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

The Oracle speaks! :lol:

Nathan, did you have another post following Perrison's, or was that an error of double-posting of sorts?
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Llana wrote:The Oracle speaks! :lol:
Yep. :lucas:
Nathan, ...was that an error of double-posting of sorts?
Yep. :oops:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I didn't mean to cause any embarrassment; I just didn't want to miss out on any more potential action here. :twisted:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

FYI--Perrison's monologue is taken (paraphrased, with a new bit thrown in at the end) from Gene Wolfe's The Shadow of the Torturer, which is an astonishingly good book which I recommend to everyone. :)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Whew... :shock:

Rotipher, Nathan- that was amazing. Thank you. :D
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

No problem, Llana! Tarokka cards are really cool, the more so in that their meanings can be 'spun' in all sorts of different ways, if one makes a concerted effort to stretch them (like the bard just did :wink: ). That's not unexpected, since they were designed as a game-aid, and needed to give flexible messages a DM can bend to fit the course of events in an actual (and unpredictable) game-scenario.

Nevertheless, FWIW, Perrison's set of five implies fairly unequivocally that he'd be a good deal more comfortable in a rubber room. Viktor Hazan's cards were also pretty apt. :wink:

Kudos to Nathan; that was a great gimmick! :D
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Yeah, the Tarokka are one of my favorite things about Ravenloft. The spooky thing about this particular set of readings is that I did them cold; I did five "readings" and assigned them to the five people involved at the time (Crow, Kingsley, Buchvold, Hazan, Quiret). Crow's and Kingsley's were even in the right order--first and second. I ended up giving 3 to Quiret, 4 to Buchvold and 5 to Hazan. I took the liberty of inverting freely to tailor the fit after the fact, but the Prison conjunction (for example) was totally random.

Perrison's is entirely my concoction, though.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Nathan of the FoS wrote:The spooky thing about this particular set of readings is that I did them cold; I did five "readings" and assigned them to the five people involved at the time (Crow, Kingsley, Buchvold, Hazan, Quiret). Crow's and Kingsley's were even in the right order--first and second.

Brrrr... that is spooky. :shock:

So, any chance of telling us OOC what Quiret's list was, that he found so insulting? And if Perrison's run off, is he gonna go pass Draxton a note after alhoon's interview? :lol:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rotipher wrote:Brrrr... that is spooky. :shock:

So, any chance of telling us OOC what Quiret's list was, that he found so insulting? And if Perrison's run off, is he gonna go pass Draxton a note after alhoon's interview? :lol:
Yes and yes, although I think Quiret's list will have to wait until after the meeting, unless Crow wants to ask him about it tonight.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

FYI, I'm totally lost now at who is where talking to whom and what else is going on :) (My PC is lost in PMs)

I guess I'll catch up but you guys have so many hints, inside and backstory knowledge that I'm often wondering which planet is this about :)

Hang on, hang on, I'll get there ... :roll:

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:FYI, I'm totally lost now at who is where talking to whom and what else is going on :) (My PC is lost in PMs)
You ain't the only one... :lucas:
I guess I'll catch up but you guys have so many hints, inside and backstory knowledge that I'm often wondering which planet is this about :)

Hang on, hang on, I'll get there ... :roll:

Joël
Again, you ain't the only one. I came back after two or three months and it took me weeks to figure out what was going on. It's all Roti's fault; all this double-agent stuff. :elena: :elena: :lucas:

I must say, the Crow subplot is massively entertaining, and it's one of my favorite things about this adventure. That and the philosophizing. :lucas: :lucas: :azalin:
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

It sure is intriguing, and well written it sure is, but needs lost of efforts in reading these :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)