OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I doubt it. Everybody's PCs seem to be pretty busy, and the threads are scattered all over the previous three months. Plus, two days isn't nearly enough time for Nathan's semi-poll results to be compiled.

I'm not sure how many others on the board are in the same position, but I'd have far more time available to tackle a reunion in Souragne a month from now, after the IRL semester ends. The "April 10" date seems to be more of an in-game target; at most, it might've been wishful thinking on the moderators' part, to hope we could get down to business immediately after the Survey came out. But I suspect most of us will need more time to get ready to play out another big gathering like that. :(

Of course, some of us could have their PCs show up early in Souragne. With the Survey available at last, I'm sure people who are eager to get there can find other ways to keep their characters occupied in the bayou-domain! :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Rotipher wrote: a man who so plainly knows everything at the outset, even if reality might disagree from time to time..."
Very good remark and one of Draxton's weaknesses. He does knows much... just not as much as he thinks he does.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Glad you thought it was funny, alhoon! Feel free to provide Draxton with a suitable counter-insult for "Curwin" -- or Crow for that matter :wink: -- any time.

FWIW, Crow-the-NPC really has used a "Remington Curwin" identity in my home games, mostly so he can travel incognito on the seas (where his Phantom Steed can't take him). "Curwin" does have contacts with a number of smugglers ... although the bard's more likely to employ them to smuggle people (e.g. monster-hunters sneaking up on a quarry's lair; fugitives fleeing a villain's wrath) than property. 8)
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Draxton doesn't care for the commodity. He just cares for the money and the information. Let it be human hearts for all he cares as long as he knows who killed the people, to whom and why the hearts are going and of course for a handsome amount of money.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

alhoon wrote:
Rotipher wrote: a man who so plainly knows everything at the outset, even if reality might disagree from time to time..."
Very good remark...
I agree! :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Just wanted to tell folks I'm off on a week-long trip with no guarantee of Internet access. Feel free to call Crow nasty names in my absence, but don't pound him into the ground, please. :wink:

See you next weekend!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Yippee, it's party time in EwtF again! :D :D :D

Just give me another day or so to finish up my Newsbill draft for the Zherisia survey, and then I'll get to work smooth-talking Crow into the gathering. (Hopefully his cover won't be blown at first sight: I've already written my Paridon Art submission in-character, and I'd have to re-write the whole thing if the bard gets "made" in April, before the Frat's even finished their previous survey.... :roll: )

BTW, will we get to see any maps of the new mansion? The ones from Halloween came in really handy, and it'd be cool to see where the former Ste. Ronges crew have been hanging out, since.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I know it's not related to the topic at hand, but

WOOHOO! Looking forward to it! :D

And don't worry; worse comes to worst, we'll assume it's a parallel universe if something drastic does happen...Or maybe that a medium was used as a...ghost writer. :wink:

ON TOPIC: I want to see how he's going to get through those two 'guards'...
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I'll try to get a map to you guys, although I don't have a scanner I can use at present--perhaps Alpragraphics will come to my aid.

The Maison, although larger than the Manoir, does not by any means have enough space to accomodate all the members attending; only about twenty members of the Fraternity will actually be staying there, with those of high rank and/or advanced age getting preference. Therefore, none of the PC members will actually be within the house.

Those who desire lodging in town will have to make the carriage ride to and from the Maison, morning and evening; those who have the means and desire to "rough it"--perhaps with Leomund's Tiny Hut, or even a real tent, as the weather is usually fairly mild this time of year--are invited to stay on the grounds.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

*"Touch stone" is the Darkonese equivalent of "touch wood."<--And yes, I just made that up. :azalin:
*gasp* But it's not canon! :shock:

:P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:
*"Touch stone" is the Darkonese equivalent of "touch wood."<--And yes, I just made that up. :azalin:
*gasp* But it's not canon! :shock:

:P
I know--I'm a rebel. :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

As long as you have a cause, I'm with ya. :P

Am I right to assume that the lectures planned are presentations of the material in the Souragne survey, as well as Buchvold's lecture?

And Moral, has Buchvold made public the topic of his presentation? If so, could you post it here?
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Sure.

On Belief, and Arcana

Thats all he'll have written down :)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Time to run and edit my post to add that, then. :D
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Question: Is the Gaz written or not? In the Epilouge, Misroi asks for it to be written by march 1st. It is now Mid-April.

Just Curious, as Llana mentioned it several times, as though it was not written yet and Nathen said nothing.