OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Moral Machivelli wrote:Question: Is the Gaz written or not? In the Epilouge, Misroi asks for it to be written by march 1st. It is now Mid-April.

Just Curious, as Llana mentioned it several times, as though it was not written yet and Nathen said nothing.
Presumably the Gazetteer has been written but not yet presented to the Fraternity; that will be one of the centerpieces of the meeting.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
Moral Machivelli wrote:Question: Is the Gaz written or not? In the Epilouge, Misroi asks for it to be written by march 1st. It is now Mid-April.

Just Curious, as Llana mentioned it several times, as though it was not written yet and Nathen said nothing.
Presumably the Gazetteer has been written but not yet presented to the Fraternity; that will be one of the centerpieces of the meeting.
Oh, Ok.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

I would just like to say that it is a tremendous pleasure to be involved in a campaign in which one of the principal features is abstruse philosophical discussion. Only in Ravenloft!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

It is wonderful, isn't it? The lectures should be fascinating. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Any chance we could see an official lecture-schedule for the gathering, like there'd been a menu for the Halloween event? Also, how long is this get-together expected to last?
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rotipher wrote:Any chance we could see an official lecture-schedule for the gathering, like there'd been a menu for the Halloween event? Also, how long is this get-together expected to last?
The official get-together is for three days of lectures, beginning tomorrow (in game time). Informal gatherings have been going on for the last two weeks, and presumably will continue afterward for at least a week or so. I'll see if I can't gin up a schedule for your viewing pleasure.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Here goes:

The Grand Ballroom
Morning of April 10th

Formal welcome: Umbra Jan Mikkelson
Fraternity business: Exalted Brother Pierre Lacomte
History and Culture of Souragne: Esteemed Brother Viktor Hazan

Luncheon
Siesta

Evening of April 10th
Five Principles of Shadow Magic: Exalted Brother Hans Loder
Mutability of Essences in Four Dimensions: Umbra Tarnos Shadowcloak
Mind Over Matter: Glamer and the Undead: Umbra Jan Mikkelson

Morning of April 11th
Analysis of events of 31 October 759: Panel discussion headed by Exalted Brother Hans Loder, Exalted Brother Pierre Lacomte, Exalted Brother Eonarda Roeccha, Esteemed Brother Viktor Hazan, Esteemed Sister Karla von Lovenhorst, Esteemed Brother Lars Lorenz, Honored Brother Ibelios natha Quiret

Luncheon
Siesta

Evening of April 11th
Biomancy and Warfare: Esteemed Brother Auguste Dupin, Brother Marcos Vedarrak
Report on Documents Recovered from the “Burning Peaks”: Honored Brother Natho Dossevsky
Conjectures Regarding “the Apparatus”: Umbra Malcolm Scott, read by Exalted Brother Hans Loder

Morning of April 12th
Swords Against Death: Panel discussion headed by Umbra Tarnos Shadowcloak, Umbra Jan Mikkelson, Exalted Brother Hans Loder, Exalted Brother Pierre Lacomte, Exalted Brother Eonarda Roeccha, Esteemed Sister Karla von Lovenhorst, Esteemed Brother Lars Lorenz

Luncheon
Siesta

Evening of April 12th
Banquet
Remarks by Esteemed Brother Viktor Hazan
Remarks by Umbra Jan Mikkelson
Remarks by Umbra Tarnos Shadowcloak

The Library
Afternoon of April 10
On Belief, and Arcana: Brother Raphael Buchvold
Remarks on the Lich: Brother Dr. Dhurban Ananda

Afternoon of April 11
Preliminary Report on the Islands of the Nocturnal Sea: Esteemed Brother Valry Rivtoff, Brother Paul Dirac
Preliminary Report on Zherisia: Esteemed Brother Alfred Larner

Afternoon of April 12
Translation of Har’Akiri Cartouches: Brother Magnus Wolfsbane
Recovery of Songforging Techniques: Brother Vasily Yarek
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

This is by no means an exhaustive list--it's just to hit a few high points. If you want to invent another lecture and/or location, by all means, do so.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Are we allowed to watch the panel discussions, or are they all behind closed doors?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

All events are open to all members of the Fraternity.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Way cool! Thanks for the programme, Nathan: among other things, it gives us a better sense of what sorts of things the Frat actually does, when it's functioning as an academic society, as opposed to just a generic, secret one. :D
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Yay, Larner's going to be there! Not that I'm really surprised. :P

I'm really looking forward to the analysis of October 31...
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

This should be good. :)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Oops- went to edit my post- forgot to add the first brief- but important- paragraph. :P
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

I would like to make a pre-emptive plea for forebearance at this point--I'll do my best to make the Fraternity of Shadows appear both brilliant and sinister, but my powers of invention are not infinite. :( At certain points I'm just going to have to say, "Well, this is the Cliff Notes version," or, "Well, then some other stuff happened."

BTW, how do you guys picture the Fraternity, in terms of "what the organization is like"? I've tried to portray them as a cross between the (reputed characteristics of) the Bavarian Illuminati and the directors of the N.I.C.E. from C.S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength...you?