Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

[Good to have you all back!]

[I assume that Tavian doesn't touch the symbol yet.]

Lodissio - or the the shadow that has taken his place - materializes right behind Tavian, from the sand where the woman kneeled before.

His arm stretches to the symbol in the wall, and then stops.

Something holy, yet not pure

Then, the shadow's glooming eyes focus on the sleep-walkign young man...

This... no dreamer... Aaaah... Cannot communicate... any...

From outside, the sound of waves can be heard, and thunder...

The sand - the woman - whatever - the substance on the ground, it begins to tremble... As if it wanted to move...

You... Must find... or will... get out...

Lodissio's figure shivers, and then, within an heartbeat, he dissapears!

The hanged man... Fear...

Shana doesn't notice that she is talking, until she has said the following words - as if something had put them in her mouth:

Run...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Well, I've always been one to follow my own advice... is there anywhere obvious to run to? If so, I run there!
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Still enraptured with the intricate beauty of the symbol, Tavian has no time to consider the cryptic words of Lodissio or the frantic cry of Shana.

He reaches out and grasps the (un?)holy symbol.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Run? Run where? We are in the middle of a room...
Jarryd takes a close look to the room, not much place to run. Still, if Lodissio says run, maybe it would be wise to liste to him...then again, he's only a shadow....
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

Tavian wrote:Still enraptured with the intricate beauty of the symbol, Tavian has no time to consider the cryptic words of Lodissio or the frantic cry of Shana.

He reaches out and grasps the (un?)holy symbol.
The symbol falls into ashes - into that same dark sand the woman decomposed into, as Tavian touches it...

The house begins to tremble...

Suddenly, Jarryd sees a door right in front of him - broad and with iron locks, as if it had always been there.

[Where does Shana run to?]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

[I wasn't sure what my options were :)]

Shana backs rapidly towards the double door, keeping the elfin creature and the stranger in view, and tugs at the double door. If it doesn't open, she tries to will it open.

Failing that, are their any other doors?
Le Noir Faineant

The doors break open, and Shana finds herself in an exotic round tower room.

The song of springbirds fills the room, and the warmth of the is lulling and cosy.

Indeed, you seem to stand in a tower-like building, for the ceiling is at least two meters higher than in the other rooms, and windows of coloured glass decorate the light sand stone walls.

In the middle of the room, on a comfortable armchair, sits a beautiful woman, apparently of Shana's age. She is dressed all white, and golden hair crowns her beautiful face. Next to her feet, a silver sword and a silver shield lean on the armchair, and in her right hand, she bears a small red flower.

In her left hand, she bears a five feet long scepter - with a small flag tied to it, with a crest noone of you has ever seen.

Come in, child of Aber-Toril

A voice in Shana's head speaks...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain takes the cue from Lodissio(or shadow Lodissio) and makes a break for the the new door which appeared in the room.

OOC:are these the same double doors shana went through?
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Desdichado wrote:Then, the shadow's glooming eyes focus on the sleep-walking young man...

This... no dreamer... Aaaah... Cannot communicate... any...
The cold eyes of the shadow cut through the dreamer, the shiver up his spine causing him to drop his screwdriver. He looks around, lost and confused but awakened to the fact that he's dreaming. He sees a motley crew of people running around and has no idea what to do.

And then everything starts moving too fast. A young lady calls out, "Run," as the creepy mage reaches out to the mystic symbol that sets the room to shaking. And as everyone else flees into the next room, the young carpenter follows, his screwdriver left behind.

Arriving in the relative safety of the tower room, the young man says to whoever's listening, "Where are we? The last thing I remember, I was outside of a dark building and passed out from exhaustion... Can you help me?"
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarry enters the room behind Alain, ready to draw his scimitar. Somehow he believes that he's going to use it any minute now...
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana pauses and looks uncertain, then curtsies to the woman as if to a noble, then glances at the man as he speaks

"Yes, we had the same experience. Uh, there seems to be a monster on its way..."
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Tavian stares dumbfounded at his hands as the symbol falls to ashes. The shuddering of the house startles him to awareness. He looks around quickly to locate Shana and sees that she ran through the double doors. Giving one last look to his empty hands, Tavian shakes his head as if to loosen the cobwebs that have been constantly forming since he entered this strange funhouse.

He turns and follows Shana through the double doors, eyeing the newcomer as he runs past. The sight in the next room stops him in his tracks. It's as if by passing through those doors he entered a new dream, a happy dream, something with which he has little experience. For a moment, he can do nothing but stare blankly at the woman, enraptured by her beauty and the music of singing birds.

He shakes his head clear again. "FOCUS!" he says to himself.

"Enough of this madness!" Tavian screams in frustration, "What is this place?"
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote: OOC:are these the same double doors shana went through?
[Yes. I assume that everyone of the surviving party members gathers in the room of the double doors and suspiciously eyes the woman on her throne.]

Be calm, children of the mists

Be calm, children of the night

For with your prayers

You honour and offend me all the same way

Tavian, who had shouted before, will feel numb, like one moment from fading into sleep, and Avra will notice his aura to wither away...

The woman rises from her throne and slowly walks over to Shana, holding the small sceptre in her hands in an offering gesture.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana rapidly assesses her options, gulps, and accepts the scepter, taking it with obvious nervousness, and pausing just a moment before thanking the lady as if expecting something dramatic to happen...
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

For several tense minutes, Avra has watched but felt helpless to act, to change the events surrounding him, to have an impact...Voices, Strange symbols, meting people, sand... sand...

He follows the others through the doors, to the woman chambers, watching...

And his aura "slipps" from him. He is cold, shivering - his chakras are his strength and their light has faded. He looks at the woman in horror - and is silent...

---

OOC: Assuming he survives the purge, that is. :wink:
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/