A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Tadelin wrote:Albert looks at Kimuriel suspiciously, then speaks to the priest.

I think he's got an issue with me. Hiding behind that strange language of his.
"He could say the same of you; he no more understands what you say than you do him. Don't let suspicion cloud your judgement; there are dark enough things in the world without letting them into your mind."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel notices that Albert looks at him and then murmurs something with the priest at his strange language.

"May I ask what he has said? Ah, and can any of you translate my plan to him?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert give Father Pembrooke a long hard look. I should be suspicious of all of you. You all chatter away in that language like it's normal or something.

He sets the lit lamp on a table, then walks towards the door. Albert stops about half-way there, takes a moment to regain his balance, then continues on at a slightly slower pace.

So where exactly are we? Albert speaks almost to himself as he reaches the door, and prepares to open it.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis speaks as he kicks over a chair broken in the rampage of before. He seems to have little interest in the others at the moment.

"We are, to give you a precise location, between the Dreadpass of the Balinoks and the Luna River." he shifts himself behind the bar and pulls out an unspoiled bottle of wine "What you will see outside is the taperings of Old Svalich Road."

True enough when Albert looks outside he sees much wilderness but the definite gravel and mud of a road. The moon was high tonight and he felt suddenly cold as a wind moved inside the building.

"Now what my friend proposed is that we stay here for the night and then continue on."

A side door suddenly opens and Rosette enters the room.

"Where have you been?" Artemis asks
"I went to the stable. There are a few horses left in the haste and a wagon. I think we can use it for the others."
"The others?"
Rosette looked to Albert and Robert "Were you thinking we would leave them here?" she moved to a table and sat down

Downstairs Ixevim could see the man was beginning to come out of his stunned status. He groaned several times as his eyes started to focus.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim turned to the man and send forth his mind to mingle with the less powerful mind of the guard and subdue it to his will.

OOC> Charm monster DC 18. If it fails, he will do it again. :)
Whoever is within 30' from Ixevim feels a slight mental ting in their mind as if a mental "bell" has been striken. The feeling is barely sensible.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's not a bad idea take them with us till Valaki. They seem lost, far away from their homeland and I believe that they have made a time travel too. Spending some time with us will definately help them understand how this land has changed and decide what to do next."

Kimuriel notices that Albert one more time loosk at him unable to understand.

"Artemis, please translate one more time and please if we decide to get them with us teach me at least the basic words, I hate not being able to comunicate with a companion. "
Last edited by VAN on Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The guard's mind easily swayed to Ixevim's will.

"What do you wish sir?" he asked still moving to get himself up

Artemis was soon busy pouring out glasses of wine and beer but spared a few moment to shrug.

"Very well, would you two care to join us to Valaki?" he translated for Albert's benefit "This area is now deserted and I think it wise you do not stay in this building longer than needed past this night. When we get to Valaki we can arrange for other modes of transport for you. What exactly do the two of you want to do by the way? Is there someplace you'd like to go?"
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Well... If what you say is true, then I am a long way from home., nor would anyone be likely to remember me. Aside from the companionship of my countrymen, I have little need to return. Albert sighs softly. Though as you can see... When it comes to people outside of my homeland... Conversation is difficult.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

"Certainly, I will accompany you to Vallaki. Perhaps farther; you may be able to help me find someone whom I am looking for."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Artemis and Kimuriel receive a telepathic message. "I have enthralled the man. He is under my protection for now, so don't rush up to him when we come out. Tell the others."

Then Ixevim sent a telepathic message to his thrall. "You can call me Ixevim. I will protect you from harm if I can and you will do your best to assist me in a few things. You are not inferior to me. I just... overank you so to speak. I'm more intelligent and educated than you, but you are a sentient creature too. What is your name?"

OOC> Ixevim believes what he says. He doesn't want to treat the human the typical mind flayer way. Still the charm he placed is the typical mind flayer charm and he knows it. The guard wants to serve and obey. Still Ixevim will treat the man with respect and he will try to treat him as equal in a way. That part will fail. Ixevim want to believe all sentient creatures are equal, but he can't act that way.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Well then I suppose it is settled. If I may ask father, who are you looking for? Not some neer-do well still to repent I wager?"

Artemis was taking a long drink when he suddenly spluttered.

You did what!?

He hastily explained to the others.

"It appears our friend Ixevim has convinced one of your kidnappers to cooperate through some magical persuasion. He is about to bring him upstairs."

"In my previous life I was called Gilos Theris. Now in Her service I am addressed as Marcus Ferdenand sir." Ixevim's new thrall replies
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Ixevim rules the man

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim telepathically sends Artemis and Kimuriel what the man said.

"In her service you said my friend. May I ask, who is she?" He asks the man as he motions him to go upstairs.

OOC> Is he mad too? Should I roll for contact with his mind?
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The man did not make much sense and there was something Ixevim had not really felt before... a fanatasism and utter loyalty. It seemed strange, perhaps to him it was a kind of madness. But it did not affect the mindflayer.

The door to the ground floor opens and the party looks to see one of Robert's and Albert's former jailers coming up the stairs talking.

"She is the pure one. You do not know of Her?"

There seemed to be a change in his voice and emotion for a moment when the man realised Ixevim did not know.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"We are from far away lands my friend, so no I don't know. Could you please enlighten me?" Ixevim said in mild tones, although someone skilled enough could discern hints of anger and frustration in his voice.

OOC> Ixevim is angry, hates the "pure one" and tries to appear mild, composed and cool.
I'm rolling for bluff. Roll sense motive for everyone that knows how Ixevim feels and how he usually speaks when he is actually composed and cool.
12 + 9 = 21. Add modifiers for sense motive accordingly.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Having pass some time with the mind flyer, Kimuriel understands that Ixevim bluffs, but he remains silent in order to listen what this man can tell to them.
- W H A T ! ? !