A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Coan wrote:"Well then I suppose it is settled. If I may ask father, who are you looking for? Not some neer-do well still to repent I wager?"
"My daughter."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert closes the door leading outside, then turns and finds a chair to sit in. Despite his ability to get up and move around, he still appears somewhat groggy and weak. He reaches for something near his side that isn't there, then shakes his head.

If I only knew what they did with my belongings.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis nods in Robert's direction.

"Family is always important. As for people's belongings I think we can all find clothes and such upstairs. People who leave in a hurry tend to leave things behind. Infact we can sleep there tonight in comfort."

In response to Ixevim's question Marcus shakes his head.

"It is not my place to spread the word, I have not been ordained to do so." his eyes pass over to Robert and seem to study him for a moment
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

The answer came as a shock for Ixevim. A thrall... not ordained to answer. Ixevim thought to trick the man with a suggestion, making him believe he had the right to speak, but perhaps that was not... humane. Perhaps forcing someone say something he wasn't with trickery even in this circumstances was wrong.
He hadn't had a thrall do anything other than protecting him since he met Isolde, so he didn't know. Hints of Guilt made their way to Ixevim when he remembered his thralls in Manor that got killed. Mind flayers usually don't care if their thralls are killed "on duty" but Ixevim thought that was wrong. Soldier thralls should be treated as equals to personal, servant thralls. As a more fortunate creature a mind flayer should protect those he has under his power.

A mental note hit Rosette's and Artemis' mind. "Artemis and Rosette, you were both nobles. You heard his answer. Should I force him to tell me psionically? Or it is wrong according to human maners and morals? Rosette, think on what is right not what a noble can get away with."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Pulling himself up from the chair, Albert looks around trying to find the stairs leading up. Perhaps then, I should go rummaging now. I'd prefer to not have to wear this horrid outfit any longer than I have to. Especially not out in public.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel walks closer to Robert and says:

"When was the last time you have seen your daughter Father? And how she looks like? I want as many details as possible, I'll try to locate her psionically if you want."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"I thought it was only a few weeks ago, but the tricks of the mist may have misled me."

He begins to describe her; her name is Katrina, aged twelve years old, and (though he does not state it outright) by her appearance must be at least half-Vistani.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel listens Robert without interrupting him. The poor father seems very concerned about her daughter. When the man finishes his description KImuriel says:

"I think the information you gave me are enough, I'll try to see her, at least you will learn if she is still alive and healhty."

With that Kimuriel closes his eyes and concentrated to Katrina.

OOC> Remote view is as scry, so I think Kimuriel with the information he has can "see" Katrina.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert manages to find the stairs, and works his way upstairs, stepping around the remains of all of the mass exodus that occurred earlier.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Rosette thought for a moment then spoke

"I do not think we should force him... do we really need the information so much as to act like those we hate?"

"She's right Ixevim." Artemis added "What is to distinguish us from them if you do this?"

At the same time Kimuriel sends out his mind to search for Katrina, it took several minutes of intense concentration before he was able to even sense her existence. He intensified the search before his mind's eye was given a glimpse of something, the girl. She was still 12 years of age and was alive. But the location was distorted somehow. Impossible images of floating islands and faceless people came to him before he had to stop.

Upstairs Albert finds several sets of clothes more or less his size. There are also a few weapons that had been left behind in the rush including several swords, a dagger among others.

OOC: You can choose a few likely weapons within the inn.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sent a mental "thank you" to Artemis and Rosette while asking Marcus, "All right. Then what can you tell us about the ... about her? How long you serve her for example or when you met her, anything at all."
Ixevim would die before calling that a "pure one".

Then Ixevim sent his puzzlement to Artemis. "What do you mean? I don't understand the latest part at all. The part about what distinguishes me, from ... that creature. I would trick him, not force him. Think on it, I'll read it from your mind so that I can get emotions and feelings."

OOC> Ixevim is a mind flayer. Trying to convince him that, is like trying to convince a bird that it shouldn't fly. He understands that forcing someone to do something against his morals is bad. He doesn't understand that there is no distinction between domination and domination. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel tells to Robert what he has seen.

"I couldn't see more, it was more complicated and difficult to find your daughter that I supposed. At least you know she is alive. Do you have any idea what were these floating islands? Or where are they?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"I have never heard of such things. [OOC: Unless Knowledge: religion is going to be informative here] I am glad to hear that she is alive."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"You Artemis, do you have any ideas about that?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"I have never met Her sir. Yet she is the one that named me Marcus. 'As I transverse the good path I take heart in that She looks over me and envelops me so that I may accomplish my task.'"

While Marcus speaks Artemis shakes his head to Kimuriel.