A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert keeps a hand on the hilt of the sword at his side, somehow managing to gain enough focus to look at what the rest of the group is doing. He notes that Kimuriel has started to go inside, but that everyone else is hanging back. The priest doesn't look like he'd truly be all that handy in a fight, but the other fellow - the one that done most of the talking - seems truly hesitant to even move.

Albert clears his throat a bit, then looks to the rest of the group to see if anyone's decided to move.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Rosette and Robert step into the room followed eventually by Artemis who looks somewhat unsettled. The woman who shows them in gestures for some to sit and both Artemis and Rosette take the offer.

"Ixevim go fetch your bowl" the woman says to the masked man, who then promptly scrambles up the stairs making small huffing sounds "He is usually no this happy... I think your coming may show light at the end of our dreary tunnel. So tell me, what year is it... out there?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel gets a seat beside Artemis but he doesn't loose the woman of his eyes.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel quirks an eyebrow and says:

"We are in 805, out there. What about you?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim walked in. His face expressionless, but his emotion in turmoil. He just standed, not taking a seat, trying to clear his confusion and find out why he is acting that way.

"A bowl? It its from a bowl? What happened to it woman?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"805? Truly? Then we have finally caught up with you. The last time I knew what time it was... it was." she pauses and think hard "769." the woman looks to her hands in a brief show of sadness as Rosette chimes in
"Please, tell us, what happened to him?" the young woman's eyes trail upwards to the stairs
"He is the last."
"The last what?"
"Illithid, there are no more like him and even he is not one anymore... it was the only way to survive. The transition, it drove him mad."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

That was too much. Ixevim his face blank projected a thought to everyone within his telepathy range, this thought is all but calm though.
Frustration, hate, anger, self-loathing, the sense of a mind flayer being alone, the feeling of a man that is the last left in a world of apes, disbelief, overlapping pictures of the marvels of the Creators, of the Horrors of the Abysmal Creed, of the caress of the Nurishers, of the combat effectiveness of the Tamers, of the halls of Bluetspur, of Ixevim's thrall, of the joy of psionics. All swarm the humans around him in a blur accompanied by a single phrase: "What happened?"

OOC> Ixevim doesn't believe in his mind that. He has seen 3 mind flayers a few days back after all, and he has heard the mind flayers hold Mudalithid. Still with his own vision of distraction a week back and the wretched image of himself he is in total confusion and wants an answer.

Oh, and he is officially under a horror effect. I'll think of one appropriate. Coan if you want send me a message about it.

People not used to Ixevim doing that trick... you may have a bit of a problem. It is Coan's call if the blur is the cause for a madness check as Ixevim unleashes his way of thinking and alien emotions to everyone. Still driving anyone mad now seems harsh. I would humbly suggest that people that lose their save are just confused like stunned for a few rounds, and remember nothing of this later.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert leans closer to the priest to get an idea of what's being discussed, as he generally has no idea.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> I get 18, don't very much I suppose.

IC> Despite Kimuriel is trained to the projected images and emotions, these are very strong for him. A terrible headache and nausea gets the psion. Kimuriel believes that his mind is up to explode, so he graps his head with both hands and cries:

"Ixevim, Ixevim please stop doing that!"
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim didn't manage to overcome his shock, but at least he took a grip of his raging mind as he took a threatening step towards the woman.
His face blank, the torrent of emotions continues (if somewhat constrained) as his telepathic voice resonates within anyone's mind.
"We hold Mudalithid, we have infiltrated Borca's aristocracy, we are the elite species. I'm not proud at all for all the crimes and atrocities my kin has done, but you're wrong. A few days before I spoke with 3 other mind flayers. Ask the others if you don't believe me. THey saw them too."

The words were painted with a shallow echo of all the previous emotions and images but also seemed to drip with venom. Ixevim seemed to believe the woman was either mad or deliberatingly spreading lies.

OOC> Ixevim is in quite a harsh position. Confusion, frustration etc. He drops from desperation, to denial to anger constantly and at the same time.

However he the emotions and overlapping images are filtered by him now, conciously. What will happen next I don't know. Depends.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Despite Kimuriel still suffers from the headache Ixevim's emotions provoke, he tries to study the strange man. Kimuriel wants to understand how he feels about all this, if of course he is able to undeerstand what is it all about.

OOC> Sense motive 16.
- W H A T ! ? !
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert winces in his own right from the sheer psychic energy output. Ever the warrior, he manages to clasp his hand around the hilt of the sword he carries.

I think M. Stoneface over there needs to relax. I'm already on edge enough as it is.

Anyone standing close to Albert might notice a very faint smell of burning leather...
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The woman pauses for a moment and then holds her hand to her mouth in surprise.

"You haven't found out yet? But you saw the vision didn't you? The portal?"

After this the old man scoots back down the stairs holding a bowl in one hand. He seems oblivious to the conversation.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel feels his headache getting worse with this last breaking news.

"Vision?... Portal? What are you talking about? You have sent a vision in order to attract us here? Why?"
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

" I saw a vision of my homeland destroyed, of our plans undone. But this is not the truth. Wherever I turn I hear legends of my kin advancing and gaining influence, not tales of destraction or devastation."

OOC: Someone may notice that from the "attrocities of my kin" we have shifted to "legends" of advancement; from "crimes" to "gaining influence".
My DMGuild work!