William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Request: Dragon Annual 2

Post by William Blackmoor »

Hello!
I've got a request:

I can't get my hands on a copy of :

Dragon annual # 2 (1997) - Villains of Gothic Earth (MotRD)
Author: James Wyatt (7 pages)
Content: Eight villains for MotRD - all are monsters (sahuagin, wererat, etc.)

Would somebody who owns this issue be so nice and post the names, races, classes and a short summary of their crimes? something like:

Imhotep, male human true immortal, mystic 17/physician 3
Tricked the pharao Djoser to build the red pyramid to archive immortality, accidently allowed the Red death to enter Gothic Earth. is now trapped within the pyramid, may only manifest at dusk or dawn.

ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Fudge, I threw my copy out a week ago.

Let's see, I can recall a few - but no names

Beholder
A beholder worshipped as a god on an African island off madagascar

Githyanki - male - wizard
In Boston a scientist invented a dimensional portal, which dragged in a githyanki. The githyanki slew the scientist and is trying to figure a way back to the astral plane. He concelas his alien nature behind tinted shades and a top-hat (like Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Yunti-abomination Male wizard
A british soldier in India who forced the locals to take him to a temple in the jungle. Countless people died in the trek, and when he finally reached the treaure, all the other soldiers were slain by serpents and he was transformed into a huge snake with a human head.

Wererat - female - tradesperson(criminal)
Rat from france, immigrated to Quebec and running a small outfit of wererats

Saugain - cleric - female
A saugain shaman living with her tribe outside of Newyork. Their four-armed cheiftan has recently been captured by the city dwellers as a curiosity. The shaman is now waging a war on the harborfront.

Jackelwere - male
A thief in palestine cursed as a jacklewere for robbing and murdering the weak. He dwells in a series of tunnels, in which his sleep-gaze is power is impossible to resist.

Odem - female
ghost of a russian woman killed by americans durring the transfer of Alaska to the US.
Evil Reigns!!!!
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Thanks a lot :D
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Wow, impressive memory, SCS! I've got the magazine, I'll fill in the few remaining details. (I've got to ask though, how did you come to throw out your copy of Dragon Annual #2?)

(modified original post by SCS of the Fraternity)
Ndrionohary
Beholder
A beholder worshipped as a god on Madagascar.

Grethiyn Graymalk
Githyanki - male - 5th level necromancer
In Boston a scientist invented a dimensional portal, which dragged in a githyanki. The githyanki slew the scientist and is trying to figure a way back to the astral plane. He conceals his alien nature behind tinted shades and a top-hat (like Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula)

The Abomination
Yuan-ti-abomination Male
Edward Holling, governor of Hollingsford in British North Borneo who forced the locals to take him to a temple in the jungle. Countless people died in the trek, and when he finally reached the treaure, all the other soldiers were tranformed into yuan-ti half-breeds & purebloods and he was transformed into a huge snake with a human head. His curse is that any gold now brought to his temple immediately transforms to lead.

Juliette Preduit
Wererat - female - tradesperson(criminal)
Rat from france, immigrated to Quebec and running a small outfit of wererats. Currently at war with a clan of sea-wolves

Sheldra
Sahuagin - mystic/shaman - female
A sahuagin shaman living with her tribe in Chesapeake Bay. Their four-armed chieftan has recently been captured and imprisoned for research at the US Navy base in Norfolk, Virginia. The shaman is now waging a war on coastal villages. She is not a born leader, and her clan is not entirely comfortable with her. She claims all alcohol captured in raids.

Musaf ibn-Talir
Jackalwere - male
A thief in Palestine cursed as a jackalwere for robbing and murdering the weak. He dwells in a series of tunnels, in which his sleep-gaze power is impossible to resist.

Praskovia Voronov
Odem - female
The ghost of a Russian woman killed by Americans during the transfer of Alaska to the US.

Grepik
Jermlaine elder
Leader of a band of jermlaine that live in extensive underground warrens in the region of West Viginia & Ohio, recently opening into coal mines. They torment occasional miners, and engage in stealing and various pranks.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Good work Catman.
Evil Reigns!!!!
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Thanks to all people who helped me torture my players with these NSC's :)