Grand Dining Hall II

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Grand Dining Hall II

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The Dining Hall stretches out before you, a thing of opulence and grandeur, but now filled with an air for fear. The people have been divided into two sides of the room with a few scattered stragglers hiding under the table.

A deep crimson carpet covers the floor from wall to wall and a single large curved table cuts a semi-circle through the centre of the room. The hollow middle of the semi-circle is set aside for servants to rush to about and move freely, seeing to the needs of the diners.

A single white tablecloth is draped over the entire table and places are meticulously set with ivory and silver cutlery and the finest of porcelain dishes. At the moment dishes have been overturned in a mass of broken plates and spilt food; the result of the recent mass panic. The once flawless carpet is now pockmarked with stains.

Set up against the back wall, by the straight section of the table, is a large stage that has been set-up for the speakers. A single wooden podium has been placed in the middle of the stage. This was where Erik van Rijn just made his announcement, that half the people in the hall are traitors to the Fraternity!
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Invisible, Draxton moves towards the gathered FoS members. He had met Erik many times in the past but would have never guessed what the man was up to. He kept some distance from the visible members so that he would be some distance away in case somebody started throwing evocation spells.
He whispered to his rat familiar and sent him near some of the enemies. In case he was injured, he would deliver a vampiric touch through the invisible rat to his enemies (or even his allies he was really hurt). He just had to be careful not to be detected casting this necromantic spell.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Van Rijn coughs one last time. It is a pale imitation of his former hacking, a short clearing of the throat.

“So, my minions” he continues after what seemed a lengthy silence. “Strike down our enemies and find it! Find it now!”
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"Van Rijn is crazier then I thought! But find what? What do they want? Everybody still loyal to the Fraternity: attack by spell or move to protect the library! I'm going to open the armoury!", Viktor yelled while running for the Entrance Hall and checking his keys.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

I hope this works thinks buchvold as he commences one of his most powerfull incantations.

Suddenly, the floor begins to change, a line just in frunt of van rijn and the invaiders. It has been transmuted into Glass

Smiling now Buchvold makes a sweeping gesture. The glass floor shatters under the impact of several magical missiles leaving a 10 foot dep trench between the blackrobes and the other fraternatey. Cutting off the blackrobes from the door into the grand foye

"I said I studied your school of preference sir" he snears "I did not mean necromancey"
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

Am I one of this fool's minion's or not? Conrad thinks to himself. I guess that question answers itself, if I were a minion I wouldn't think Van Rijn was a fool. So I'd better do something to foil his plans...I need to get to the Laboratory, he thought. So Conrad cast his Invisibility spell upon himself, and then ran for the doorway to the salon, knowing he could go through it to reach the Lab.
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"Good move Buchvold!", said Viktor.

Van Rijn is angry at this outcome but he tells his fighting partners while opening the door to the smoking room "we'll pass by here! This leads to the smoking room. From it, we can access the Entrance Hall and then upstairs"

Viktor watches the enenemy scatter inside the smoking room.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Opportunity doesn't always bother to knock, muses Crow, as he calls his guitar-case to his grasp yet again and turns to bolt out the double doors and into the entryroom. It just kicks your door down! He dashes up the right-hand stairs, rushing for the library entrance, as he runs through the motions of a spell with his free hand. This was far better than anything he could've possibly planned!
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

Mayhew fights off panic. He sees the group of scary cloacked gentleman in one group and decides that discression is the better part of valour and dashes after Hazan for the Smoking Room.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Mayhew Donovan wrote:Mayhew fights off panic. He sees the group of scary cloacked gentleman in one group and decides that discression is the better part of valour and dashes after Hazan for the Smoking Room.
OOC - it's Van Rijn's team in the smoking room :)
Mayhew Donovan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Mayhew Donovan »

Gathering his head after the pannic Donovan stops himself from running in the wrong direction and dashes back.
"Which way now?" he thinks to himself. "The Salon or the Entrance??"
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

"Reuland! Ambrose! Get the Manor's defences activated! And use the new ones, those Van Rijn doesn't know!"

"All the others! come to the armoury, we need capable fighting capacities!"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

"Damn that little musician. He's a traitor" screams Buchvold. He utters a few breaf words then sprints to the door to the entrence hall then out into the grounds.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Van Rijn presses forward through the smoking room. Damn that joker, he thinks to himself. With his smug allusions to transmutation...well, no matter. Lukas and Jacob will be unimpeded, and they've no idea what's in store for them soon.

"Very good," he snaps out. "Press up the stairs, strike down anyone who stands in your way. You know who our men will be who are already on the scene. Dispose of any resistance in the library, and hold the doors. They can't do anything too exciting or they'll run the risk of destroying the library itself. The plans should be near the north end, filed under "Forbidden Subjects"--if not, Jakka, locate object will do the trick. Move!"
Anthony Reuland
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Anthony Reuland »

Tossing his hat and coat onto the floor, Anthony gives Viktor a quick nod. Reciting an incantation the grey-skinned man disappears in a puff of smoke. Moments later, the flow of magic charges the air around the Manor as the defenses slowly spring to life...

Anthony returns with another puff of smoke. "I've activated the first wave of defences, but there are too many intruders for me to get everything prepared. If anyone can make it to the laboratory and library on foot, they can help defend this sensitive areas personally."
Last edited by Anthony Reuland on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pandemonium did not reign, it poured..."