The Library

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

The Library

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Heavy oak double doors lead the way into the respository of the Fraternity's Knowledge. You know that inside this room is all the lore collected by all the brothers from across the Core, and beyond.
However, tonight, the doors are locked and barred.

The Fraternity's secrets remain their own.
For now.
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Rotipher wrote:Reaching the Library's main entrance, the two suspicious servants find Crow already there, kicking at the locked-and-barred door in evident frustration. He turns round to face them, black curls disheveled and coat rumpled by the exertion.

"Well?," he snaps. "What now?"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

One of the servents is about to answer but receves the full brunt of a barrage of magic missiles, coming out of nowhare, without so much as a word. He falls to the floor...

You hear the sound of footsteps, coming from your right
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: Are these the servants I mentioned as being associated with van Rijn earlier? If so, they're not going to go down that easy. For one thing, you'll have to overcome SR 13.

If not, then there are now /four/ servants at the door. Please clarify, o most Moral Machiavelli, because it will change what happens next!
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Damn, so much for that idea, thinks Crow ruefully, as one of the servants falls. Without letting his full frustration show, he lashes out yet another kick... this time at the shin of the remaining servant. As the second agent of Hijn's staggers from the pain, Crow lays his free hand on the man's shoulder and unleashes the power of his readied stunning-spell by direct contact. He then turns a dirty look at the magic missles' source.

"MIghtn't you have waited until after they told me Rijn's objective?," Crow queries, raising an eyebrow at the Borcan. "They'd have assumed I was under their master's power, if you hadn't interrupted!"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC Yes, this is confusing. I ment the servents you talked about.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

O.K., let's get this figured out.

1) Your opponents are wolfweres.
2) Let's conduct our business in this thread, not the entry hall one. (My bad, sorry!)

The wolfweres just counterattacked, one attacking Buchvold, one attacking Crow, to hit rolls 13 and 23 respectively. My guess is that this misses Buchvold and hits Crow. If that's the case, Crow takes 10 hp of damage.

(I've got my dice next to the computer--that's where I'm getting the numbers.)

En garde!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

OOC: Did the wolfweres transform, or are they using human weapons?
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

Rotipher wrote:OOC: Did the wolfweres transform, or are they using human weapons?
They've transformed into hybrid form.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

The one aiming at Buchvold pounces

and misses. there is no one there.

OOC Buchvold used silenced ghost sound from a wand he carries. He has also used greater invisibility (which permites you to attack and remain invisible).

In other words he has not revealed this preasence.

IC suddenly the wolf creatues here a voice to the left of them casting a somewhat more powerfull spell. From their left flank. A creatur of pure terror flies towards one of the wolfwhares.

they here no further sound

OOC Phantasmal Killer. and buchvold is caster level 8. I dont have any dice with me so can one of you two role on my behalf.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: Remember that the wolfweres can smell him--they may not know exactly where he is, but they do know Buchwald is there! The wolfwere who attacked Buchwald failed both saves.

IC: The wolfwere who had leaped at Buchwald--coming much closer than the Borcan illusionist would like to think of--stiffens and falls backward, his talons grasping at some imagined enemy. With a gut-wrenching howl, he beats his head against the floor and expires, his body shifting into the form of a huge wolf. Even in a purely lupine form it is clear the beast was terrified to death.

The other wolfwere pauses and looks about, its nostrils sniffing at the air. Growling, it turns to the attack again.

OOC: He would attack Crow again, but since he's not here to defend himself we may have to wait...or have a Buchwald/wolfwere duel.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

The man -- correction, the wolfwere -- which Crow'd previously attempted to stun had suddenly snarled, bared teeth far too long and sharp for a human's jaw, and slashed the musician's side with nails that elongate and sharpen by the second. Sliced across his flank, half his coat's pockets in tatters, Crow grabs awkwardly for a wooden stick protruding from one torn-open pocket. Yow-that-HURT-can't-focus-gotta-use-this floods his mind, too distracted to concentrate on words and gestures ... but the wand is near to spilling out onto the floor....

GOT IT!!!, he gloats, and turns the implement on the half-beast that confronts him. Grandma, what big ears you have, guess you'll damn well hear this, won't you?

OOC: Sound Burst from a wand, preferably with it stuck right into the bugger's pointy wolf ear. ;-)

And sorry that took a little while; I got a call on my cell phone.
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

Conrad arrives in the libray in time to see the werewolves fighting. He pulls out two of the four silver throwing knoves he got in the armory, and htrows them at the werewolf who is attacking Crow.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The wolfwere yowls and snaps its head backward, shaking itself in pain and discomfort--but the spell doesn't do all Crow might hope. The beast is pained but not stunned; slightly slowed, however, its counterpunch gives Crow time to slip aside, and it does no worse than pluck a few threads from his jacket.

(The wand beat spell resistance but failed to stun, the beast rolled a 13 to hit, which I presume misses.)
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The silver knives fly straight and true to their target, but they don't have the effect that Conrad might desire--they seem about as effective as so many silver spoons. The beast ignores them entirely and continues to attack Crow, apparently hoping to finish off one opponent before turning on the others.