The Library

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Smiling at the crow's attack, the invisible illusionist chantes again. Growling, the beast looks towards the sound and is starteled at finding itself stareing down another wolfman. A far bigger stronger wolfman.

The new wolfman smiles ,A crocked gleam..

OOC Major Image
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The wolfwere, much to Buchwold's dismay, ignores the image entirely after that first startled glance. The illusionist seems to notice that the beast is rather distressed by the opposition it's encountering, but it seems willing to press on with the fight regardless.
Last edited by Erik Van Rijn on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My talk? You'll have to wait. It will be well worth it, I assure you.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Hoping the Borcan has had enough time to ready something equal to the task, Crow leaps* clear of the wolfwere and joins Conrad, clapping the new arrival on the shoulder and teasing, "Wrong metal for these, friend! Cold iron, not silver."

C'mon, Buchvold, they'll need you downstairs! So kill it, already!

OOC: * -- Tumble check, no AoO for the wolfwere. No, Crow wasn't hit that time.
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

If only he had more combat spell prepared, Conrad thought to himself. Well he did have a few spells that might be useful...he quickly cast his Suggestion spell against the werewolf, and shouted to the werewolf, "We're on the same side, we must to fight together against the enemy werewolves..."
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC Yes, It includes smell. You get a will saveing throw, but only if you interact with it,
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: Got it, thanks.

The beast turns to Conrad and says, its inhuman mouth slurring the words, "Excellent, m'sieur. There's a magician here whom we must kill before Master Van Rijn arrives."

OOC: The suggestion worked, but not, perhaps, as Conrad intended!
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Annoyed at the beast ignoreing his illusion Buchvold begines his most powerful remaining incantation. I pray this works he hoped.

A thousand small darts spring out of thin air and begin to rebound toward the wharewolf.

OOC Steelsting from, COS Waterdeep.

It's Force energey. it makes 1d3+1 attackes with an attack bonus of 12. (Caster level plus int mod) each one does 2d6 damage
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: What's the effect of steelstorm? Keep in mind, if it's not an energy attack and it's not cold iron, the beast's Damage Reduction would apply.
Grey Arcanist
Cold Iron Supplier
Cold Iron Supplier

Post by Grey Arcanist »

Drat, Conrad thinks, but maybe I can still get some use out of this suggesation. "I'll take care of this magician!" he told the Wolfwere, "But Van Rijn told me to tell you that you're badly needed in the drawing room! Quickly! You must go there now before it's too late!"
Last edited by Grey Arcanist on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Crow has had enough of this fight, with everyone stumbling over one another and the enemy laughing at them all. Confounded chickens with their heads cut off, indeed! He hauls off and uses a spell he'd not intended to reveal before the Brothers, preferring to play the low-profile lesser caster, as he turns on the too-stubborn-to-die wolfwere and bellows:

!!!!BAD DOG!!!!

OOC: Shout, directed at the wolfwere (and hopefully not overlapping the invisible Buchvold's location)
Last edited by Rotipher of the FoS on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

The beast cries out in pain as one of the darts pierces it in the chest, the other disappearing over its right shoulder. "I go," it rasps, leaping down the hall. "Kill the insolent one!" Within moments it is gone.

OOC: (SR penetrated, two darts generated, one hit for 12 points of damage)
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Erik Van Rijn wrote:The beast cries out in pain as one of the darts pierces it in the chest, the other disappearing over its right shoulder. "I go," it rasps, leaping down the hall. "Kill the insolent one!" Within moments it is gone.

OOC: (SR penetrated, two darts generated, one hit for 12 points of damage)
Buchvold mops his brow, sighing in relef.

"I thaught it would never go".
Erik Van Rijn
Lichus Extremus
Lichus Extremus

Post by Erik Van Rijn »

OOC: Let's assume Crow's last action overlapped with Conrad's. Instead of the wolfwere running down the hall, the following occurs:

At the bard's shout, the wolfwere collapses to the ground, bleeding from its ears, eyes, and mouth--but none of those present are really interested in the beast's fate at the moment. Instead, they're staring at the library door, which has been partially wrenched from its hinges by the force of the shout.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

"Whoops..."
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Oh well done Mr Crow." Quips the angery Borcan. " Now it will be far harder for them to get into the libery."