Grand Entrance of the FoS Manoir de Pénombre

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Moral Machivelli wrote:
Viktor Hazan wrote: "indeed, my friend, indeed... may be he lost it during his trip?"

Viktor is pensive for a moment, then asks "was it imbued with arcane power?"
"No more than the norm. Of cource an enchantment could mask arcane power." Buchvold pauses " It may very well hold more mysteries. Many things do"
Viktor smiles at these words, "wisdom, I think, is something that differenciate you from the typical Borcan"

"How was he?"
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

Tobias Blackburn wrote: What heracies do you speak of?"
Have you ever thought that gods could or have already walk on this soil like mortal?
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote: What heracies do you speak of?"
Have you ever thought that gods could or have already walk on this soil like mortal?
"No." Hartly replies coldly. "I have yet to see any evidence that they exist."
Last edited by Tobias Blackburn on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold conciders

"It is hard to tell. He was certianly not in the best of moods. If anything, i would describe him as angry... but I am not the best at reading men's emotions."
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Tobias Blackburn wrote:"No." Hartly replies coldly. "I have yet to see any evidence that they exist."
If you were a Vaasian, this question would have been answered easily into seing the power of the church. As for the proof, i cannot say that it is really a god who had walk, but im sure that a being of great power claiming that he was send by the lawgiver had exist. And it could be interesting to know from where it come.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Viktor Hazan wrote:"Welcome!" say Viktor, please join us. He then makes presentation (himself, then the group: Mr Buchvold ("a Borcan noble"), Mr Hartly ("a searcher of mysterious knowledge"), Mr Vili Rosnel ("from Nova Vaasa")

"And you are ?"
As the young man steps closer, you can see that he is a young man of no more than 19 years, though a look of immesurable loss that seems to be permanetly etched on his face makes him appear to be much older. At that moment, Mr. Buchvold names him and the young man inclines his head. He responds in a soft voice:

"Indeed, as this gentleman has already stated, I am Nathaniel Hawke, a ranger from Mordent. I recieved an invitation to this event tonight, though I must confess that I have never actually heard of any of you. I took to my horse and set out straightway to make it in time for this event."

As Mr. Buchvold states that they have business elsewhere and makes his way towards the door, Nathaniel raises one dark eyebrow in interest.

"Gentlemen, please excuse me for a few moments. I should like to get better acquainted with you all upon my return."

He gives a brief apologetic smile and turns to follow Mr. Buchvold back out into the chilly night.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Guardian of Twilight wrote: As Mr. Buchvold states that they have business elsewhere and makes his way towards the door, Nathaniel raises one dark eyebrow in interest.

"Gentlemen, please excuse me for a few moments. I should like to get better acquainted with you all upon my return."

He gives a brief apologetic smile and turns to follow Mr. Buchvold back out into the chilly night.
Viktor nods and watches them leave for outside. Back to the Nova Vaasan.
Scipion_Emilien wrote:If you were a Vaasian, this question would have been answered easily into seing the power of the church. As for the proof, i cannot say that it is really a god who had walk, but im sure that a being of great power claiming that he was send by the lawgiver had exist. And it could be interesting to know from where it come.
"and what forbids you to dismiss these as superstitions... or local folk lore?", Viktor said, slightly disdainful.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Scipion_Emilien wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:"No." Hartly replies coldly. "I have yet to see any evidence that they exist."
If you were a Vaasian, this question would have been answered easily into seing the power of the church. As for the proof, i cannot say that it is really a god who had walk, but im sure that a being of great power claiming that he was send by the lawgiver had exist. And it could be interesting to know from where it come.
"A mortal construct to keep the masses in line hardly counts as proof of the divine." Hartly wheezes. "But perhaps you could describe the creature more. Mostly like it was created by the fevered dreams of someone who had tried to 'summon' something."
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"I must agree with you, there is a lot of superstition in my research and i had more than one headaches distinguishing what could have been superstition what could have been more about obscur knowledge. I have come to interesting conclusion, justly trough summoning. I recommend you Hazlani mage if you have a job to done, they work greatly as long as you can keep them bait about your motive.

Im not foolish enough to be sure that gods are involved, but im sure there is something of great might and power worth of finding and i will find it."

Vili turn to Victor: Most guess seem to be here, when the conference will begin? Im more than curious to know about.
Last edited by Scipion_Emilien on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viktor Hazan
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Viktor Hazan »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Vili turn to Victor: Most guess seem to be here, when the conference will begin? Im more than curious to know about.
"Err... just after diner, my friend from far away. I'm sure you ... you need to be fed and to drink something to remove all this dust from this trip", Viktor offered. He quickly looked around and seemed apprehensive of something.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Scipion_Emilien wrote:I must agree with you, there is a lot of superstition in my research and i had more than one headaches distinguishing what could have been superstition what could have been more about obscur knowledge. I have come to interesting conclusion, justly trough summoning. Im not foolish enough to be sure that gods are involved, but im sure there is something of great might and power worth of finding and i will find it.

Vili turn to Victor: Most guess seem to be here, when the conference will begin? Im more than curious to know about.
Hartly also looked at Viktor.

"Yes, or perhaps there are some new writing to peruse while we wait?" He turned to loook down at Vili. "Have you read the Guide to the Walking Dead? Many of the theories it suggests are quite... interesting."
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Of course, my curiosity had made me forgot about my empty stomach, ill try to keep my curiosity the time of the meal. Im curious to know about your northern cuisin, you seem to have made quite an art of it."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Scipion_Emilien wrote:Im not foolish enough to be sure that gods are involved, but im sure there is something of great might and power worth of finding and i will find it."
"The power of churches and self-proclaimed 'messiahs', gentlemen, says little about the power of divine. Mortal foibles are far more to credit -- or to blame -- for the former."

This new voice, breaking into the conversation, ushers chidingly from the newcomer who strides unabashedly into the chamber, waving away the servants' hands when they offer to relieve him of his coat and the sealed, protective case -- by its shape, evidently housing some manner of guitar -- slung across his back. He briskly runs long fingers through his shock of wayward black hair, flicks a few drops of moisture from the damp curls onto the carpet, then pulls a silken hankerchief from his coat's breast pocket and wipes his palms.

"Bit of fog on the back roads, I'm afraid. I do hope that other guests will find their journeys uneventful; it's beastly weather for riding in, and worse still for the coachmen I expect.
"But pardon my manners. I shouldn't have interrupted without an introduction; call me Crow, everybody does."

Rather than offer his hand, the newcomer tips his brow in a jaunty mock-salute. Eyes as gray as his shouldn't be able to glint so mischeviously, but the casual gesture and his relative youth (twenty-five? twenty-seven? like his accent, his age is hard to place) may have something to do with it.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Scipion_Emilien wrote:"I must agree with you, there is a lot of superstition in my research and i had more than one headaches distinguishing what could have been superstition what could have been more about obscur knowledge. I have come to interesting conclusion, justly trough summoning. I recommend you Hazlani mage if you have a job to done, they work greatly as long as you can keep them bait about your motive.

Im not foolish enough to be sure that gods are involved, but im sure there is something of great might and power worth of finding and i will find it."
"I have yet to make use of the Hazlani before. They are somewhat... firm in their beliefs, and I have not had much welcome in their land."
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Vili bring back is attention to hartley: "No i haven t seen a copy of Van Richten work, they are all burn by those ignorant Barovians before reaching my home land. Perhaps ther creature I search about is one of those how you call them: walking dead? It is an avenue to explore."