Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Books, movies, television and everything else
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Post by Brandi »

Go see it. It's very cute-- and does riff on vintage horror films in a nice silly way.

You could probably arrive late and skip the Madagascar short film preceding it. I never saw Madagascar, but if the short film was any example I suspect I didn't miss anything.
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

Madagascar was a film without direction. I guess it was funny in places, but most of it was pure drivel.

As for Walllace and Gromit, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Will be seeing it this weekend I think.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Re: Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Brandi wrote:Go see it. It's very cute-- and does riff on vintage horror films in a nice silly way.
Not just horror films, either: it riffs on everything it can fit in. (Anyone else catch that song, "Bright Eyes", that Gromitt switched off in disgust when he heard it on the car radio? If I'm not mistaken, it was originally on the soundtrack to the animated "Watership Down". Bunny joke!)
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Hmm...I know I spotted at least one Harry Potter refs, and at least two Jurassic Park ones as well. And yes I caught "Brighteyes", mainly because I quite liked the Watership Down cartoon. Really, it's one of those films I'll either buy or rent when it goes to DVD, then go over with a fine tooth comb. Heh...I have to say, Lady Tottington, or whatever her name was, certainly had some...interesting dresses.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Tragic news for Wallace and Gromit fans:

Yesterday, the warehouse that stored all their history, the Creature Comforts models, the original Wallace and Gromit models etc, burnt down and destroyed all of Aardman Animation's history.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005