WWE ROLEPLAY?

Discussing all roleplaying games
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Shane has expressed himself on and off screen quite often saying he doesn't want his dad's job, so I guess there isn't anyone else for the job, lol.
Swallow your soul!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Shane has expressed himself on and off screen quite often saying he doesn't want his dad's job, so I guess there isn't anyone else for the job, lol.
I think Steph will step back into the limelight when Vince goes. She's being groomed to take over, it seems.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Shane has expressed himself on and off screen quite often saying he doesn't want his dad's job, so I guess there isn't anyone else for the job, lol.
I think Steph will step back into the limelight when Vince goes. She's being groomed to take over, it seems.
Vince and Trips spoke in a press conference a couple of months ago stating that Trips was being primed to eventually take over as chairman, Steph it seems is more interested in staying in the background now. Then again, both Steph and Shane are not in any condition to appear in any situation where they can get hurt now, having suffered some pretty serious injuries in the past :( Trips is reaching a similar point himself (as he is out also for extensive injuries) but is in a betetr position to wrestle more.
Swallow your soul!
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:
Vince and Trips spoke in a press conference a couple of months ago stating that Trips was being primed to eventually take over as chairman, Steph it seems is more interested in staying in the background now. Then again, both Steph and Shane are not in any condition to appear in any situation where they can get hurt now, having suffered some pretty serious injuries in the past :( Trips is reaching a similar point himself (as he is out also for extensive injuries) but is in a betetr position to wrestle more.
What was Steph's injury?

I know Shane almost broke his neck when he wrestled Kurt Angle at the KotR a few years ago.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:What was Steph's injury?

I know Shane almost broke his neck when he wrestled Kurt Angle at the KotR a few years ago.
I think Steph's injury was back related, some stress injury, but I am not 100% sure on what it was exactly.

As for Shane, his 20+ foot plummet while trying to Squash Kane finished off his future plans to have any on-hand violence in the WWE, he made a full recovery from the neck injury only to really mess himself up. However, I imagine Trips is only a few concussions away from enforced retirement, he's abot in the same boat as Bret Hart was when he was forced to retire.
Swallow your soul!
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

I always knew Shane was crazy, the number of really huge jumps/falls he made. It's too bad, those always made for great matches.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

JinnTolser wrote:I always knew Shane was crazy, the number of really huge jumps/falls he made. It's too bad, those always made for great matches.
And to think, we can relive them in the RPG.

Shane - I jump off the Unforgiven stand

Kane - I make my Ref save to avoid the fall

DM - roll it, DC 25

Kane - Oops, a 1

DM - You are both splatter through the wood down onto the floor, both out for injury for the next 1d6 months.

Of course, the simulate proper WWE these days, you cwould have to make a check each month to see if either are cut from the roster... that's the popular method among the board these days :( Kane is back in October though, his so-called arrest was to cover up his injury leave.
Swallow your soul!
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:I am starting to wonder just how many WWE fans there are in this community? Hmmmm... very curious.
This is the greatest thing ever. Count me in as a huge wrestling fanatic too. Have been for many, many years. I hear they fired all those wrestlers to make room for the inevitable return of Brock Lesner. Anybody see the big RAW Homecoming on USA? Good show, for the most part. Austin stunned all four of the McMahons (even Linda, who looked HORRIBLE trying to sell the move). Hogan wants to fight Austin eventually, Mick Foley will probably be back to beat up on Drinnik's boyfriend (after Orton RKO'd both Foley and Roddy Piper). Triple H turned on Ric Flair and beat him bloody for about twenty minutes (motives to be explained in a 30-minute promo next Monday) and the show ended with ANOTHER Raw VS. Smackdown skirmish.

Catman, I'm disappointed to hear you voted for Ashley. She was already in Playboy, so what good is she now? And judging by the "wrestling talent" she exhibited in her tag match with Trish Stratus on Monday she will set women's wrestling back two decades (she's not Jackie Gayda bad - but she's pretty bad). For the record, Shelton Benjamin is ill - Batista is the new cerebral assassin (hence his high int score) - I've got pictures with me and John Cena (I'll upload them sometime) - and Kurt Angle continues to be the GOAT - greatest of all time (shout out to Bret Hart!).

I'm off to read more about this game!
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

MadStepDad wrote:Triple H turned on Ric Flair and beat him bloody for about twenty minutes (motives to be explained in a 30-minute promo next Monday)
We'll be lucky if it's only 30 minutes. I'd think more like an hour and 15, with the rest of the time being spent with the announcers parroting what he said and reacting completely surprised at his motives.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

MadStepDad wrote: I've got pictures with me and John Cena (I'll upload them sometime)
No way! Awesome! Let's see them! :D

Yeah, I did watch all of Homecoming and agree with all you said about it. :roll:
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

MadStepDad wrote: Mick Foley will probably be back to beat up on Drinnik's boyfriend (after Orton RKO'd...
He's so pretty.

And so, so gay.
Herodote

Post by Herodote »

this game is an automatic classic! i will buy it as soon as i can and i dont even need a gamemaster anymore!
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

It appears that the world is much scarier place then I thought it was.

Well, I guess to each his own but...

...I mean come on! d20 WWE? What absurdity is this? I'm all for creativity and all, but this is a bit much!

One simply has to wonder exactly what might be next.

d20 Transformers?
d20 Powerangers?
d20 Mario brothers?

Or perhaps even...

d20 sims?

...^shudders^ there are some ideas that make even the dark powers lose sleep at night!

But then again, this is coming from a mild UFC fan who thinks that WWE people are just a load of show-offs with too many commerical sponsers.
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

I want to say RIP to eternal WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero, who passed away suddenly on Sunday night. Compared to the most recent rash of spontaneous wrestler deaths (Big Bossman, Crash Holly, Chris Candido come instantly to mind) - Eddie's death stings me much more. For one thing, he was one of my most favorite wrestlers ever. Second, he was cut down at the peak of his performance levels. He wasn't out of the spotlight, or on the way out. He was still at the top of the card, working a main event storyline with Batista. He was gonna be in the 10 man Raw VS. Smackdown elimination match at Survivor Series! He is an all star main eventer!

And all the sudden he's dead in his hotel room. Yah, no "foul play" - but I'd rather it be that than the enevitable truth we're all waiting to discover. I mean, pending toxicology reports and autopsy reports and all that, what we're bound to find is the all too common scourge of professional wrestlers - pain pills and booze. I mean, I hope and pray that's not the case, but c'mon. Healthy wrestler at the peak of his career dies suddenly in the hotel room. AGAIN? Why else do you think they're all dropping like flies?

My only question is, what am I gonna do? What CAN I do about this as a real dedicated pro wrestling fan? Should I boycott it and hope they all get off the juice? Why is it only the pro wrestlers that keep dying this young? No other sport or entertainment franchise has this kind of track record when it comes to employees deaths. It's sad and frustrating, even more so in Eddie's case cuz he was just that cool.

But yeah, RIP Eddie Guerrero and I'll see you again the next time I'm in Elysian Fields.

peace,

MSD
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

MadStepDad wrote:
And all the sudden he's dead in his hotel room. Yah, no "foul play" - but I'd rather it be that than the enevitable truth we're all waiting to discover. I mean, pending toxicology reports and autopsy reports and all that, what we're bound to find is the all too common scourge of professional wrestlers - pain pills and booze. I mean, I hope and pray that's not the case, but c'mon. Healthy wrestler at the peak of his career dies suddenly in the hotel room. AGAIN? Why else do you think they're all dropping like flies?

MSD
Apparantly, he'd just got his four-year sobriety medal from AA. I think it might be something he took in his past catching up with him.

Poor guy. It's his kids I feel sorry for.